navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #9 » This is what now was
Open Poetry #9
Post A Reply Post New Topic This is what now was Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Jaysun C
since 2000-07-20
Posts 56

0 posted 2000-09-13 04:55 AM

The mysteries of our time have sourd
We are whats left of the sun
Funneled through bright eyes run
Flows presence the power and overcum
Staring, Staring at their life run
Rolled up sleaves show work
tired eyes rolled back to layers
folding layers
Come join my senses to the heavens
Glowing cool fire, passion desire
How to now lay and dye
to feel as large as the nite sky
to velvet licking grass over nite blue clouds blow
Silence will roll through my mind

it's probably beter if you don't
understan

© Copyright 2000 Jaysun C - All Rights Reserved
Jaysun C
since 2000-07-20
Posts 56

1 posted 2000-09-13 05:08 AM

thanks you guys, i try to write to all of you and you give me nothing

no your writing sucks ?
no your spelling sucks ?

come on people why don't you just tell me how much this poem if you even want to call it that just plain sucks

i actualy enjoy criticism more than complaments so please let loose your angst on my writing

ome on, hurt me!

Sudhir Iyer
Member Ascendant
since 2000-04-26
Posts 6943
Mumbai, India : now in Belgium
2 posted 2000-09-13 05:14 AM

Jaysun,
About your poem here, I liked a few lines particularly "Silence will roll through my mind"

Yes, you need to improve on your spelling...

Finally, I would say that you should not feel frustrated about the responses... It has been what, only about 15 minutes since you posted this perhaps... and this time of the day is quite quiet too... and if you actually feel you need criticisms, please feel free to post in Critical Analysis forums. That forum is solely aimed at passing critiques for bettering the poems etc... all in good spirit of course...

So relax and enjoy yourself here... and (please do a spell check before you post...  )

regards,
sudhir

Jaysun C
since 2000-07-20
Posts 56

3 posted 2000-09-13 05:20 AM

I just want people say someting sucks if it does instead of pretending like it is good, thats the problem with the world today  

thanks for the advice though Sudhir

i went to privat school all my life thats why i cant spell, i lost my dictionary when i moved and web tv has no spell check sorry for the pain it may have caused

Meadowmuse
Member Elite
since 1999-12-27
Posts 3263

4 posted 2000-09-13 06:27 AM

Jaysun, frankly I found this poem rather enchanting. You've a lot of sensory references and the lack of punctuation gives it something of a stream of consciousness feel.

"We are whats left of the sun"

"to feel as large as the nite sky
to velvet licking grass over nite blue clouds blow"

~ just a couple of the lines I found most compelling.

As I was reading, I actually wondered if the spellings were intentional, as they appear to be.

Hope you'll keep writing. I believe you've got a lot to say.

~ Claire

Could a greater miracle take place than for us to look through each other's eyes for an instant?......Henry David Thoreau

Jaysun C
since 2000-07-20
Posts 56

5 posted 2000-09-13 03:37 PM

Claire-
   Thank you for your coments, Some of the spelling is suposed to be the way it is because thats the way I want the word to sound, or at least it sounds rite in my head but then sometimes I just cant spell, lack of attention span in school I think oh well, I was also very very angry last nite, but thats more of a personal problem

Sudhir-
   I would like to thank you again too
for the advice, I should not be so angry 1, sorry =(

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #9 » This is what now was

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary