navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #9 » What Is Innocence?
Open Poetry #9
Post A Reply Post New Topic What Is Innocence? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
ggrn3
since 2000-08-17
Posts 433
Nahunta Georgia U.S.

0 posted 2000-08-17 01:17 PM

What is innocence?  Is it the trustful nature of a five year old child, or is it the pureness of a virgin whose touch is benign and mild?  Is it the perception of a person who is naive, a person guiltless enough to be decieved?  Is it the person who is forever trustful, a person with and undiluted principle?  Could it be a person with honor and intergrity, or another who possesses modesty and humility?  Is innocence that person who carries in them honesty, or is it the bride in white who symbolizes the utmost purity?  Is innocence something so vastly divine, something mankind has left behind over time?  Or is innocence something so definitely defined, something humanity cannot conceive in their minds?

Garfield

© Copyright 2000 Garfield Green III - All Rights Reserved
ggrn3
since 2000-08-17
Posts 433
Nahunta Georgia U.S.
1 posted 2000-08-17 01:24 PM

Your perceptions of this poem will be appreciated.  I still question what is innocence from time to time.  I hope this is thought provoking.

Garfield

Saunni
since 2000-07-11
Posts 1777
West Virginia
2 posted 2000-08-17 03:10 PM

I'm speechless at how you defined all of that. Sure makes a person think. What a way with words.

Sauni

Sauni :)
Have you ever known the color grey when the nighttime finds you weak
I have, I've walked that road each time; that's where my angel sleeps

ladysixstring
since 2000-07-27
Posts 374

3 posted 2000-08-17 03:32 PM

I enjoyed your perspective... describing with question.  As a side note... "bride in white who symbolizes the utmost purity" it's more a symbol of fashion nowadays.   )  Again, I enjoyed this.

-jaimie http://www.ladysixstring.com

JnR4eva
since 2000-08-07
Posts 377
Bronx, NY
4 posted 2000-08-17 08:52 PM

well well well...what a refreshing poem you have concocted..so orignal...VERY unique, philosphical in its nature, an answer left discrete  
i love this poem b/c it is so philosphical...you called into question what innocence is!!!   I truly believe that you should post this in the philosophy 101 section...but aside from being a philosophical question I enjoy the format..and how nicely the words rhymed despite the paragraph format b/c i myself would tend to read it as a paragraph and forget that it is a poem LOL  ...and ..well all i can say that this is truly a great poem...and the thought of this being just your first poem?..sheesh    Welcome to Passions i have enjoyed this a lot  

"my love is my motivation
my love is my inspiration
perception of this poem
is your interpretation"
-- me

ggrn3
since 2000-08-17
Posts 433
Nahunta Georgia U.S.
5 posted 2000-08-17 09:07 PM

JnR4eva

Thanks for your comments. I look forward to posting few more interesting verses very soon as well as reading some of yours.  I'm sorry about the format.  I thought it would read better in the paragraph format.  I may edit it later to see if will read better, therefore better received by others.

Garfield

sarahC
since 2000-06-07
Posts 84
Michigan
6 posted 2000-08-17 09:27 PM

yes I agree to everything that has already been said...great first post and welcome to passions......this really made me think....simply put innocence died in the 60's........and we are still waiting for it to to be reborn...great post!!!
Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
7 posted 2000-08-17 09:28 PM

GGRN~
Welcome to Passions.
I enjoyed the thoughts in your post.
Please check your e-mail.
I know you're going to enjoy your stay.
~*Marge*~

~*The pen of the poet never runs out of ink, as long as we breathe.*~
noles1@totcon.com

catalinamoon
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-03
Posts 9543
The Shores of Alone
8 posted 2000-08-17 09:39 PM

Wow, good question, maybe it is all of those things? Very nice writing.
catalinamoon

Words are things, and a small drop of ink, falling, like dew, upon a thought produces that which makes thousands, perhaps millions think.
Lord Byron

JnR4eva
since 2000-08-07
Posts 377
Bronx, NY
9 posted 2000-08-17 09:54 PM

Oh hey it's me again...I read your reply to my reply and I just wanted to say DON'T change anything     That comment I made before was just something about me...sometimes I become very absent minded, and if I was to see that poem on a piece of paper I would have assumed that it was a paragraph or something and read it in paragraph form LOL.  But it certainly is NO knock to your format of any kind(hence the uniqueness).  I enjoyed the way your wrote it and how it flowed nicely    So don't change it, it's great just the way it is...my deepest apologies for the confusion  

"my love is my motivation
my love is my inspiration
perception of this poem
is your interpretation"
-- me

ggrn3
since 2000-08-17
Posts 433
Nahunta Georgia U.S.
10 posted 2000-08-17 09:58 PM

SarahC, Marge, & Catalinamoon

Thanks for the kind words. I've also enjoyed reading several of you works today.  You guys are all good poets. Maybe I'll see a book soon from one of you.

Garfield

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #9 » What Is Innocence?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary