navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #6 » bad moth mojo part two
Open Poetry #6
Post A Reply Post New Topic bad moth mojo part two Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
jbowie
since 2000-02-18
Posts 135
BANGOR (that OR) ME

0 posted 2000-02-18 10:13 PM

As I walked into my kitchen on this bright clear morning, I sat down for a good breakfast. Unseen by me was a soft wing that fell off the box of cereal as I put it on the table. Now with spoon in hand I notice round eggs floating in the bowl, on the spoon, in my mouth. Memories flooded back as I spit milk all down my arm. Eggs. A brood. In my cereal, in my stomach. I cried as I slammed the table to the wall and turned to face my foe. I could not see him but I could still feel his eyes upon me. No, this time it is not my dog. It is but a brother to the butterfly, a bad mojo moth. My skin crawls around on my now rigid muscles, taught with cold shivering blood. I looked on the floor and noticed my dog curled up and murmuring something "th..the..th the horror...the horror" as his eyes floated out of focus. "Damn you, Damn you all" I yelled as I ran across the kitchen, never seeing the cleverly spilled water spot, slipping and crashing into the cabinets. And As I lay there, I looked up and saw the hovering mmother moth. Fat and bloated with writhing eggs, she was held aloft by drone moths who wore nose clips because of her fetid stench. They plopped her on me as maggot babies came from all sides of the room and lassoed me with fine strands of god awfully strong silk. I cried as she slimed her way to my face and I could hear her voice calling to me like two dogs having unprotected sex in the shadow of a harvest moon. "You shall be my eyes and ears to the world, my son, and you will learn to appreciate my beauty" And then she licked her cold tongue across my forehead as she prepared to fill me with her demon seed. And In my mind I could see the two dogs humping, maybe I was communicating with my dog, but it gave me strength. I kicked free from my restraints as my dog rolled over and cried" freedommmmmmmmmmm" I threw the bitch-moth against the cabinet and all she did was shrug. The maggots crunched under my feet and I could hear her crying"my babies" as I ran. But she was faster, as I fell again I reached out and grabbed the can opener. She slapped me and rolled me onto my back' She said "all this action really turns me on" . I yelled" well then turn on this bitch" as I jammed the can opener on her face and opened her like old tuna.(ok bad pun line, but give me a break)
I rolled away and wiped her filthy ooze from me, wincing at the feel of the memory it brought. And through all of this, just one clear thought came to my head. "Damn, I need to put screens on my windows

© Copyright 2000 James Bowie - All Rights Reserved
Chris Goodman
since 2000-01-28
Posts 92
Issaquah, Washington usa
1 posted 2000-02-19 12:09 PM

Okay,
This is very strange...okay it is alot strange, but it kept me reading.  I haven't decided if I like it or not, but I think I do.  I think so.  Anyway, it is very different.
Chris

Blue Moon

CMGrimm
since 2000-02-14
Posts 685
USA
2 posted 2000-02-19 12:19 PM

mmmmm....let me ponder this one for a while....
Enjoyable read though, very enjoyable, and I really liked the ending.

Chris

Never be a carbon copy of anybody...make your own impressions. - ANON.

Saxoness
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 1999-07-18
Posts 1102
Texas
3 posted 2000-02-19 11:58 AM

ROTFLMAO

"Glory remains unaware of my neglected dwelling where alone
I sing my tearful song which has charms only for me."

-Charles Brugnot

jbouder
Member Elite
since 1999-09-18
Posts 2534
Whole Sort Of Genl Mish Mash
4 posted 2000-02-19 10:49 PM

Where do I get your book?  lol.  I think you have a new fan.  Perhaps in Bad Moth Mojo, Part 3 you can tear the screening off the bug zapper and kill the queen moth that way.  Just a thought. Loved this.

Jim

"If I rest, I rust." - Martin Luther

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #6 » bad moth mojo part two

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary