navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #6 » To All My Friends in Passion
Open Poetry #6
Post A Reply Post New Topic To All My Friends in Passion Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
January Flowers
since 2000-02-01
Posts 209
South Carolina

0 posted 2000-02-18 08:41 AM

With heavy heart and saddened eyes,
I've come to say my final goodbyes.

It pains me much to leave the forum for good,
but it pains me more to be misunderstood.

Words, you know, are strong in power.
They can lift, encourage and even scour.

For each of you I've much respect
and have enjoyed the thoughts and intellect.

From poems of comfort to those which scorn,
a truer person in me was born.

It was brought to my attention by fellow poet
that I may have hurt someone, and didn't even know it.

Hoot Owl, to single you dear, I must appologize.
I've searched through and through all your poetry replies-

I don't know what it is exactly that may have caused you hurt,
but please know I would never say a thing to belittle your worth.

You all have lifted me when I felt 2 tons at least
was sitting on my shoulders and needed a release.

Family is what you all have easily become
and that is what I'll miss when this last poem is done.

Lost souls, Happy fools, and everyone inbetween.
My prayers be with you always, though my poetic words will be unseen.

Continue what you do so very selflessly
and make brighter someone's day when it is hard for them to see.

'Tis no better safe haven for those who need a friend,
than this poetry forum where friendship has no end.

God Bless...and I'll miss you each emensely.
I'll remember you all...please don't forget me.

© Copyright 2000 Sherry Lampack - All Rights Reserved
Seymour Tabin
Member Empyrean
since 1999-07-07
Posts 31720
Tamarac Fla
1 posted 2000-02-18 08:49 AM

January,
I am ignorant of what you confess. And I regret you feel you have to leave. This place is all forgivness. I really don't understand? Sy

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
2 posted 2000-02-18 09:03 AM

I am sorry you feel you need to leave.. perhaps if you contact Hoot directly, this can be worked out? Give it a try..a sweeter, more understanding person could never be found!
January Flowers
since 2000-02-01
Posts 209
South Carolina
3 posted 2000-02-18 09:37 AM

Sy-
not sure I understand completely either, but accusations were made, none-the-less, that I was being "childish" in my replies, and not respectful in some manner.  This really upset me, because the tender heart can only take so much "misunderstanding".  Please see my latest reply to Tulip's "How many men?" in this same forum.  I think perhaps this is what the "fellow poet" was referring to.  I hope I clarified my reply.  No harm was meant in any way.  I love the forum because there is no "lip biting", and we can express how writings make us feel.  The forum no longer "works" for me if I have to tip-toe around the fact that I may offend someone when my intentions were opposite.  

Poetdevine-
great idea.  I will be sure to drop Ruth an email.  Thanks.

Denise
Member Seraphic
since 1999-08-22
Posts 22648

4 posted 2000-02-18 11:23 AM

January, there is no need for you to leave. Ruth is a wonderful loving person and if an apology is needed she would graciously accept it. Sometimes misunderstandings happen. That's just a part of life. Please don't leave. You are a wonderfully talented poet!

Denise

Danny Holloway
Member Elite
since 2000-01-15
Posts 2034
Tulsa, OK
5 posted 2000-02-18 11:56 AM

...........STAY................

Wizzard
since 2000-02-09
Posts 209

6 posted 2000-02-18 05:45 PM

I Hope That This Hug Will Make You Feel Better And Change`s Your Mind?

Im Sorry For The Misunderstanding..Please Stay,So That I and The Rest Of Passions May See More Of Your Writing`s

Today is the first day of the rest of my life.
And the begining of a new one.

January Flowers
since 2000-02-01
Posts 209
South Carolina
7 posted 2000-02-19 01:47 AM

Thanks, for understanding.
Michael
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-13
Posts 7666
California
8 posted 2000-02-19 03:18 AM

I am a stranger to the situation here, also but this poem saddens me greatly.  I do hope things can be resolved without you leaving us.

Michael

wayoutwalt
Member Elite
since 1999-06-22
Posts 4870
TEXAS (it's all big)
9 posted 2000-02-19 03:56 AM

lissen im always being misunderstood maybe thats what it is a misunderstanding thing yuh stay with us o yuh
HelmutB
since 2000-01-06
Posts 964
Canada
10 posted 2000-02-19 06:22 AM

Perhaps the way we think and the way we write does not always sounds the same.
I can sing a long long song about this.
Being German and not knowing the real meaning of some English words has got me more than once in trouble.
I know Ruth well and she has a big big heart, I'm sure that this can be resolved. I would not even be certain that she took "Whatever it is" the same way as someone else did.

The ability to describe life with words is similar to painting a picture; both can be powerful tools.

Lost Dreamer
Member Elite
since 1999-06-20
Posts 2464
Somewhere near the Rainbow
11 posted 2000-02-19 06:38 AM

Here's my two cents as I have gotten to know Ruth since being in this wonderful family, and this lady would give the clothes off her back to a dire enemy if it were to make them warm. They don't come much better than her, and this is honest truth. I agree with Poet deVine I think you should write her, I'm sure she will ease your mind even through all her challanges right now. Please don't leave for reason of accusations floating around, this place has so many people that confusion can arise sometimes out of things that were never a problem to start with. We all have emotions, I think that's why most of us are here at Passions to express our emotions in a creative manner. Don't give up this gift of family you have found here, please stay for a bit and reanalyze what you will be losing, and what you will be taking from us with your departure.
hoot_owl_rn
Member Patricius
since 1999-07-05
Posts 10750
Glen Hope, PA USA
12 posted 2000-02-19 09:37 AM

WAIT, PLEASE WAIT!!!!!!

Januarary Flowers....Please do not leave. I have no idea where you heard that from, but it was indeed not from me. Oh dear, you have been nothing but kind with your replies to my postings and nothing you have said has upset me...you will find it takes a great deal to do that anyway. Please do not leave passions, you are a nice addition to the site.
HUGS  Ruth

[This message has been edited by hoot_owl_rn (edited 02-19-2000).]

January Flowers
since 2000-02-01
Posts 209
South Carolina
13 posted 2000-02-19 11:26 AM

Now you all have me in tears...
Ruth, thanks...I was so worried I offended in some manner...something which I would never want to do.  Perhaps just a poetic break for a bit, to regroup...You are all right, and I'd miss this place so very much.  Is hard for me to read your words of happiness, sorrow, concern and laughter without offering a reply to tell you of my joy in having read what comes out of your heads.  Thanks, again.  Too sensative these days - must be the full moon or something.  
*HUGS* to all, and much appreciated.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #6 » To All My Friends in Passion

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary