navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #6 » empty
Open Poetry #6
Post A Reply Post New Topic empty Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
pharon
since 1999-11-13
Posts 251
alabama

0 posted 2000-03-08 02:58 PM

hey all!  i am a fairly new poet and would like some 'contructive' criticism(s/p) anyway -- here's my latest......

Empty

sitting here alone
i watch all the faces,
the empty faces walking by.
i wonder who they are,
what they're thinking,
behind those empty stares.
some glance my way
and give a little smile.
none dare to stop.
that would be
too much of a risk,
then we might start talking
that would ruin everything!
they wouldn't be able to hide
behind those empty faces.

© Copyright 2000 maria g robinson - All Rights Reserved
Danny Holloway
Member Elite
since 2000-01-15
Posts 2034
Tulsa, OK
1 posted 2000-03-08 03:12 PM

Nice piece I think.  Interesting perspective on those "faces" that walk by,  by the thousands.  I have often wondered similar things.  One of the nice things about Passions is our ability to be expressive and enjoy reading other's poetry and getting to know them through creative writing without knowing them personally.  Good way to make a first impression and lasting impression.

I like this piece the way you have written it. I think the impact of your thoughts reached your pen.
Well done.  and Welcome.

poetFemmeFatale
Member Elite
since 1999-07-25
Posts 2646
Arkansas
2 posted 2000-03-08 04:27 PM

hehe  Funny how you said that "talking ruins everything".....that can be sooo true!  LOL  I've met some "brilliant" people, and would still hold them dear to me, had I just not have had to deal with them one on one!  hehe  Once we met - BOOM!  Instant calamity!  hehehe  I like your perception, your thoughts.  Danny gave you a real good reply, and I echo all he said.  Welcome to Passions...feel free to share all your thoughts with us.  I think you'll find it's a nice place to be.  
Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
3 posted 2000-03-08 07:08 PM

This is good, but I have  personal preference for caps when necessary... Welcome to the family!  

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #6 » empty

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary