navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #5 » Someone
Open Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic Someone Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
cokey_95
since 2000-01-08
Posts 35

0 posted 2000-01-10 02:31 PM

What is a person to do when they feel like they are dead inside?
When all you have done is  cried and cried?
Today is the first day of the rest of your life,
Maybe today is the last day of the pain and strife!
They say oh but you have so much to live for, just think,
when all i can say is please help me before i sink!
You try to tell them if only you knew,
and then they say but oh dear i do!
When all you want is someone to hug you and say,
just remember tommorow is another day!
To let someone in...would that be so hard,
Well not if you were able to let down that guard!
All i want is someone to love me for me,
but im not that lucky as you can see!
Someone to hold me while i cry,
someone to hold me until i die.
Until i find that person to hold my hand,
watch for these lonely footprints in the sand.

© Copyright 2000 Karin - All Rights Reserved
poetFemmeFatale
Member Elite
since 1999-07-25
Posts 2646
Arkansas
1 posted 2000-01-10 04:04 PM

Hey, it's me again....    I find this poem to be very beautiful...it has just a hint of hope in it.  Let me tell you, I don't know what all you are going through, so I'm not gonna say that I do, but I know you are hurting and lonely...please don't give up.  Your day will come, and you will find that somebody that will hold you and love you like you deserve to be.  We all deserve to be loved like that.  I look at it like this....we all have to go through the sock drawer...pick up each sock, look at it, and most of the time throw it back and try another, until we find just the one we're looking for for a match.  That's how I look at love in this life.  The right sock is hardly ever the first one we pick....it takes many trys, many heartaches, many lessons.  Don't give up just because the old sock you have now isn't a good match for you.  Somewhere out there is the one for you, and you will eventually find them.  Chin up, and keep on looking towards a brighter tomorrow.  I'm 27 years old, never married, and I think I've just now found the right sock....my fingers are crossed.     Sorry for talking so much, you'll soon learn I tend to do that.  I hope your day is brighter....Beautiful poem as I said!   Gennifer    

** I'm reaching for the brightest star I've ever seen - knock my ladder out from under me, and you'll wish you hadn't !! -pFF ** Here's to 2000!

cokey_95
since 2000-01-08
Posts 35

2 posted 2000-01-10 04:09 PM

Gennifer..
thanks for responding...Im happy to hear that you have possible found your "someone" i keep hangin on hopin for just a glimmer of the sun..ill get there some day i swear

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #5 » Someone

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary