navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Birth of my baby
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic Birth of my baby Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
hoot_owl_rn
Member Patricius
since 1999-07-05
Posts 10750
Glen Hope, PA USA

0 posted 2006-07-27 12:22 PM

Hello Friends,
No, I didn't give birth to a child, but I have finally recognized the birth of my first book following a long labor of love. The title is For Everything There Is A Season and it is a collection of poetry. I'm enclosing my acknowledgement here for those who don't wish to purchase a copy of the book as I truly owe some of what I am to you here

Acknowledgements

For Everything There Is A Season has been a long time coming and the road leading to this point, where I now stand, has not been without its share of detours and potholes. As I look back across the path I took in the course of those many years to finally arrive at this destination I wish to acknowledge those who served both as the compass and light to direct my way. I’d like to acknowledge my family, both those borne of kin and blood and those borne of sweat and tears and the countless people who’ve read my words and believed that I had a gift to write. To my sweat and tears family, the poets at Passions in Poetry, thank you for giving my work a critical, yet gentle, eye and teaching me that family takes on many forms, that friendship bears all, and that writing comes from the heart. Most of what I have learned about poetry I owe to you.

Last, but certainly not least, I would like to acknowledge the journals: Midwifery Today, Our Journey, Love’s Chance, The Aurorean, A Writers Choice, Gotta Write Litmag, Penncom, Entropic Desires, The Complete Nurse, Sonnetto Poesia and
Ink Blotter. Thank you for showing an interest in my work and publishing my poetry in your journals.

Thank you dear friends! Here is a link to a page where you can see or order the book. I haven't ordered any copies yet as I'm awaiting my author copies to arive first.
Ruth
http://www.publishamerica.com/shopping/shopdisplayproducts.asp?catalogid=15599

I am nothing special...and my name will soon be forgotten,but I've loved another with all my heart and soul,and to me,this has always been enough.~N.S

© Copyright 2006 Ruth Kephart - All Rights Reserved
Titia Geertman
Member Ascendant
since 2001-05-07
Posts 5182
Netherlands
1 posted 2006-07-27 01:08 PM

Hi Ruth,

Congrats on the birth of your baby. There was no link in my mail (seemed to be removed somehow) but I just knew I would find it here in the blue pages.

I'm certainly would want a copy if that's possible.

Hugs, Titia

Like scattered leaves...my words will flow

Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
2 posted 2006-07-27 01:19 PM

Ruth~
Knitting little book-booties as I read~

Congratulations dear lady~
Wishing you all the success the book will bring~

*HUGLETS*
~*Marge*~

~*The sound of a kiss is not as strong as that of a cannon, but it's echo endures much longer*~
Email -       noles1@totcon.com       

Enchantress
Member Empyrean
since 2001-08-14
Posts 35113
Canada eh.
3 posted 2006-07-27 01:25 PM

CONGRATULATIONS RUTH!!!
I just know your book is going to be very very successful!

I'm beaming from ear to ear..so happy for you!!

passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
4 posted 2006-07-27 05:59 PM

oh wow! Congratulations Ruth! What an accomplishment! I'm proud of you!
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
5 posted 2006-07-28 07:19 AM

As you well know...how proud I am of you!
You also know more... so just let it be
said, that I'm glad you acknowledged PiP...

the words Passions in Poetry now sits
upon a few acknowledgment leaves...

Can't wait to hold my copy!

[This message has been edited by Sunshine (07-29-2006 10:41 AM).]

sandgrain
Member Elite
since 1999-09-21
Posts 3662
Sycamore, IL, USA
6 posted 2006-07-28 10:11 AM

Congratulations!  What a feat!  Wishing you top sales.

Rae

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
7 posted 2006-07-29 01:26 AM

Awesome - and about time too!  Congratulations Ruth.
Elizabeth Santos
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-11-08
Posts 9269
Pennsylvania
8 posted 2006-07-29 04:51 AM

Isn't this wonderful!
Congratulations,dear friend. I can't wait to get my copy. I agree, it's so kind of you to acknowledge PIP, and it's true for all of us that PIP has been our teacher, that we have learned to write through our loving friends on this websire. What needs to be said is that YOU have been an inspiration and a mentor for many of us from the very beginning. Your poetry and your heart have inspired me and influenced my writing, and for that I am so very appreciative. The book will bear out the reasons. IT's not only the way you write, but the way you think and feel and the way you conduct your life, your compassion and sensitivity, and your passion.
Good luck with your book
Love
Liz

nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
9 posted 2006-07-29 07:09 AM

a wonderful treat reading this, knowing you are in print for others to read~~

Congratulations, Ruth

M

hoot_owl_rn
Member Patricius
since 1999-07-05
Posts 10750
Glen Hope, PA USA
10 posted 2006-07-29 08:41 AM

Thank you all so much for both what has already been said in my acknowledgement and what I have no words to say
Munda
Member Elite
since 1999-10-08
Posts 3544
The Hague, The Netherlands
11 posted 2006-07-29 03:56 PM

This is absolutely great news! Congratulations Ruth!
Denise
Member Seraphic
since 1999-08-22
Posts 22648

12 posted 2006-07-29 04:41 PM

Congratulations Ruth! I'm so proud of you! I wish you much success!
Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
13 posted 2006-08-03 09:23 AM

It is wonderful to read such wonderful news from  such a wonderful woman writer!

Wonnerful, wonnerful, wonnerful!

Ruth, I am sooo happy for you! You are so deserving of having this literary baby born unto you!

Yeppers! Enjoy your new offspring, proud momma!

Linda

iliana
Member Patricius
since 2003-12-05
Posts 13434
USA
14 posted 2006-08-05 01:11 AM

Congratulations, Ruth!  I am sure (from reading your work) that it will be a big success!  
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
15 posted 2006-11-16 09:24 PM

Ruth,

Life has been so very hectic, and the holidays are about to begin.  But I wanted to take a moment to say, "thanks!" again...

When I got your book, "whatever" was happening, and I only glimpsed a page or two, and knew it to be good.  I've been a "hoot" fan from the get-go.

Later, while dusting, I noted "your book" and promised myself a "good day" to read.

Today must have been the good day.  I took a full hour off from work at lunch and delved into your poetry.  I smiled over the poems of familiar; and then I cried over the ones that I had not read, and then even the ones that I HAD read, but knew now that they would be held in hand by so many....

so now, I'm on my way to Amazon.com to write a review...

because indeed, dear Lady....the world could do more with the reality you portray.  

A side note:  Knowing you, I know that some of your poems were personal for others; but you and I need to share a few emails because there are questions that I have for you.  

Thank you again for this wonderful gift...I am so glad you felt the nudging love.

Nightshade
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-08-31
Posts 13962
just out of reach
16 posted 2006-11-17 01:30 PM

Congratulations and big hugs Ruth !!

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
17 posted 2006-11-29 07:57 PM

Ruth, thank you for the response!  I know you have a LOT on your plate, and know that I'm with you right there, side by side, like sticky wallpaper....

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Birth of my baby

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary