navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » a cool poerty publishing website for folks like us
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic a cool poerty publishing website for folks like us Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
kathleen1997
since 2006-02-16
Posts 1

0 posted 2006-02-16 09:50 PM

My mom knows that I am dying to have some of my poety published but I can't afford it right now.

Her brother just got one of his poems published by a company called Wise Owl Press for $99.00

I looked them up and talked to their editor. They are legit and real poet lovers!!

I'm getting published!!!!!!

their website is www.wiseowlpress.com

kat

© Copyright 2006 kathleen1997 - All Rights Reserved
Alicat
Member Elite
since 1999-05-23
Posts 4094
Coastal Texas
1 posted 2006-02-16 10:33 PM

I'm gonna lean towards skepticism.  Their domain last expired on 6/10/2005 and I could find nothing about them anywhere else, aside from expired domain name lists.  And that was from Copernic and Google searches.  Expired lists and one listing for wiseowlpress: their homepage.
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
2 posted 2006-02-16 10:58 PM

Kat, good luck, but I'm afraid you're in a scam site.  

There are a number of voices out there that speak to "scam" sites, "vanity" sites, and "legit" sites.  All come with a variety of variances.

If you have to pay to be published?  Chances are, it is the first of the two mentioned above.

But, let us know how things turn out for you, ok?

Good luck!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » a cool poerty publishing website for folks like us

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary