navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Fire
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic Fire Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
bslicker
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-12-04
Posts 2321
state of mind

0 posted 2004-11-07 10:49 AM

Sorry all haven't been on in a couple days, my sisters house caught on fire friday night.  I was there when it all happen and wow it all happens so fast.   She has 4 girls and is a single mother..  they lost everything.  We thank god that all is alright and no-one got hurt.  My sister and the 2 younger girls are staying with me for the time being.

One doesn't know how important insurance payments are till something like this happens.  Though they won't kick in till sometime this week.

We managed to save while nick-pickin through the place after the fire department told us it was safe and could go in to see just what we could get out.  NOT MUCH!....... a closet had a bunch of pictures and safe-memory-keepsakes.  which was only damaged from water and smoke....(pictures, scrap books, etc.
and the old christmas stuff my mother gave her years ago seem to for the most part make it.. other than that everything else gone.

As soon as my house settles down a little, and we get thru this week, of finding a place for my sister and her family I'll be back to read, moderate and write.

bernie

© Copyright 2004 Bernard Slicker - All Rights Reserved
myheart
since 2004-11-05
Posts 160
lost in your eyes
1 posted 2004-11-07 12:31 PM

I do not know you or your family, but I am really sorry for their loss. They will be in my prayers. ~myheart~
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
2 posted 2004-11-07 12:46 PM

I am so glad that the most irreplaceable of what was lost in the fire WASN'T lost, Bernie...

How well the angels did indeed watch out over your loved ones!  Did the FD figure out what caused the fire?  They can happen SO easily!

So, a timely reminder that if one didn't change their batteries in their smoke detectors last weekend, it's not too late to do so NOW!

I'll keep your family in my prayers, Bernie!

*Alli4000*
Deputy Moderator 10 Tours
Member Elite
since 2004-03-21
Posts 3188
The World of Poetry
3 posted 2004-11-07 03:59 PM

~Alli~

*:.AIM = Alli4000.:*   My Journal
Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened...

passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
4 posted 2004-11-07 06:49 PM

sorry to hear of this

glad everyone is okay

prayers on the wing

nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
5 posted 2004-11-07 07:36 PM

Bernie, sorry to hear about the fire..and I  will keep you and your sister's family in my prayers hoping everything settles down for them.

M

SmartChick
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-09-23
Posts 7081
On A Journey To The Unknown
6 posted 2004-11-07 10:32 PM

I am so sorry to hear about your sisters house fire and all the things she lost. I have been through a house fire. I know how devestating it can be. We lost everything when our house burned down, too. The most important thing is that everyone was safe.
bslicker
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-12-04
Posts 2321
state of mind
7 posted 2004-11-08 08:09 AM

Thanks all

Bernie

A smile a day keeps the world in smile's.
Bernie Slicker

Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
8 posted 2004-11-08 09:09 AM

Bernie~
I will keep them all in prayerful vigil~
Thanking Him for their safety~
*Huglets*
~*Marge*~

~*When the heart grieves over what it has lost,
the spirit rejoices over what it has left.
- Sufi epigram <))><

Email noles1@totcon.com

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Fire

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary