navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Baby update...
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic Baby update... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Kaoru
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2003-06-07
Posts 3892
where the wild flowers grow

0 posted 2004-10-27 12:13 PM

I've yet to take all the pictures on my camera, which is odd, considering all the photo ops there have been.

Freyja is doing so well, gaining weight and eating more. She's eating so much that I've had to start supplementing with formula. Somehow my milk supply has gone way down. I'm saddened by this, but what little I can give her makes me happy.

I find myself checking on her all the time. I am so scared she'll die in her sleep, which I've been told is totally normal. I've been suffering from the post-partum blues, and my doctor is going to put me on medication and in therapy, because apparently, my case is a little worse than normal. I'll have to start her on formula completely because of my medications.. That just makes it worse, because of the overwhelming guilt.

Fortunately, she is extremely healthy, and doing much better than her mommy is. Of course, she's got little gassiness issues, but we'll work through that.

I got so lucky, she is very mild and sweet, hardly cries.. and when she does, it's so sweet and quiet. Little coos that make my world light up, I wait for her to wake up so I can hold her and give her kisses.

Of course, I never thought of myself as a mother until now.. I didn't think my body could create something so beautiful.

Her next appointment is in November, the day before my next appointment. Hopefully I'll be healed fully by then.

Thanks to you all for reading me, I love to talk, as you can see.

© Copyright 2004 Meghan Armitage - All Rights Reserved
Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
1 posted 2004-10-27 12:23 PM

Meg, check your email when you have time.
Even though my daughter is now 17, I remember those first days as if it were yesterday. Take care sweetie, I sure wished I lived close enough to come by and help you through these first weeks.

Susan Caldwell
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-12-27
Posts 8348
Florida
2 posted 2004-10-27 09:40 AM

Meg~

Take care of yourself and that wonderful baby!

Shoot me an email if there is anything I can do to help...

"cast me gently into the morning, for the night has been unkind"
~Sarah McLachlan~

Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration
3 posted 2004-10-27 12:13 PM

Young Aiden slept through his first night yesterday...

When his mom and I woke up to my alarm, we both kind of looked around... then rushed to his room to make sure he was ok! He was, of course, but that feeling there for a moment was one of the scariest I've ever had.

I'm sure both you and Freyja will be perfectly fine. You can do your best and she will appreciate it (at least until she turns into a teenager!)

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
4 posted 2004-10-27 04:34 PM

All of the things you are going through, Meghan, are perfectly normal.  ALL of it.  Miss Freyja is going to bloom with all of your attention and concern...and that's a good thing, too!

I do hope you're keeping a journal for Freyja...it would be a wonderful gift to give her on the day she steps out on her own.

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

5 posted 2004-10-27 04:42 PM

Reading this just made me feel so warm, Meg.

The babyblues can be rough, but let the good people help you--you'll be fine.

She sounds like a dream come true. (My son was a marathon sleeper too, and yes, I was so afraid I watched him sleep too.)

smiling

I swear I smell talcum and baby lotion...sigh

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
6 posted 2004-10-28 01:18 AM

Well now I hate to say it but I am glad to see at least some things have not changed in child rearing after all these years   I had the worst case of "the blues" after Todd was born, and I didn't want to even see him, and wouldn't for two days.  I would cry at the drop of a hat, and hated everything about me, and everyone else for that matter.  Stick with your doctor, and let them help you through it as it will pass with their help and the support of friends and family.  You are lucky you got a quiet one, both of my son's girls could break glass at 100 miles I swear!  When it gets to you talk to someone, even us in here, we will try to be there for you Meghan.  Amazing though isn't it?  To know you made that?  
passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
7 posted 2004-10-30 12:39 PM

love you girl

take care of you two

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Baby update...

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary