navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Quick update on baby.
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic Quick update on baby. Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Kaoru
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2003-06-07
Posts 3892
where the wild flowers grow

0 posted 2004-07-19 02:41 AM

I noticed there were a couple requests for an update, so I'll let you know what's going on..

I'm 27 weeks along, meaning I'm entering my third trimester next week. The time seems to have passed so quickly, and keeps on doing so!

I got very lucky, my family and friends have been buying me so many things for the baby, and the daddy has bought the swing, stroller, and bouncer for her already!

We're setting up her bedroom, it's going to get painted lavender and have matching carpet, with maroon drapes over the windows (which are brand new storm windows, she's a winter baby). It'll also be decorated with various Waterhouse prints that I bought before I was pregnant, I thought that would be lovely.

My tummy has gotten huge, I started getting big right away, so I'm uncomfortably big already..I know I have a lot more time left, and she'll be growing more in these last few months than any other time during my pregnancy.

Next week I go in to take my glucose test, which means I'll have to drink a cup of sugar water, basically, then give more blood. Yuck.

Anyway, I'm sorry for not updating, but it's been a hectic life lately. I hope you all are doing well!

Love xoxoxoxo

© Copyright 2004 Meghan Armitage - All Rights Reserved
Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
1 posted 2004-07-19 02:54 AM

LOL, hectic? it has just begun sweetie, but it's all worth it. I believe you will be a very good mommie. *sigh* the time will fly by, and one day you'll look back and really savor these quiet/reflective moments. Congratulations, and thanks for keeping us posted!
Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
2 posted 2004-07-19 05:04 AM

Oh boy I was going to say exactly what Kacy said about the hectic part has really yet to hit. It sounds like you have wonderful support, and the baby's room sounds lovely Kaoru.  I hope these wonderful people will be there to help the new Mom when she gets home, and give you a break here and there.  What an exciting time for you.  Tell them you need a bouncy seat for the baby (Fisher Price has a great one,) as this keeps them busy for hours.  Sitting there watching the world go by seems to be what they do best when under a year.  Thanks for the update, yes we were thinking of you, and glad all is well.  Soon, will come soon enough and that huge tummy will be a new life.

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
3 posted 2004-07-19 06:51 AM

Yep...busy and hectic go hand in hand...but thank you for the update, Meghan...we were all concerned...grandmas can be like that, yea, we can.  
Enchantress
Member Empyrean
since 2001-08-14
Posts 35113
Canada eh.
4 posted 2004-07-19 09:06 AM

Thanks for the update Meghan.
Sounds like all is going well and the baby's
room sounds like it will be beautiful!!
Take it easy and enjoy this precious time in your life.

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

5 posted 2004-07-19 05:48 PM

so sweet! I'm just beaming at you!

I love babies...sigh

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
6 posted 2004-07-22 09:17 AM

Your joy, enthusiasm and anticipation of the blessed event are contagious!

I wish you and your baby well during the rest of this exciting journey ~ and beyond!

May you have a safe and uneventful pregnancy and delivery!

I'm so happy that you are surrounded by love and support!

Loving hugs,
Linda

Michelle_loves_Mike
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2003-12-20
Posts 1189
Pennsylvania
7 posted 2004-07-22 10:42 AM

Best wishes mommy to be,,,,oy,,I hated the glucose test,,,,its more like,,,3 cups of nasty sweet cola flavored syrup,,on an empty tummy,,**swoon**,,,,but,,,all neccesary to make sure mom and babe are ok,,,,best of luck all the way!!!

Michelle

To be held, is all I ask......

Kaoru
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2003-06-07
Posts 3892
where the wild flowers grow
8 posted 2004-07-22 12:24 PM

Thank you, everyone.

I've encountered a few new things like my ever present ciatic nerve problem getting worse. Heartburn is horrid. Ectectect.

I can't sleep, either. I've been awake for about 14 hours now. *sigh*

iliana
Member Patricius
since 2003-12-05
Posts 13434
USA
9 posted 2004-07-24 10:03 PM

Kaoru -- that sounds about normal to me with my first one, anyway.  The second baby was much easier.  Glad to see things are going well.  I'm so happy for you!   ....jo
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Quick update on baby.

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary