navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Oregon Greyhound bites the dust
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic Oregon Greyhound bites the dust Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia

0 posted 2004-07-01 10:04 AM

http://www.newsregister.com/news/story.cfm?story_no=181728
most Oregonians and visitors will no longer have Greyhound service after August!
Sadly, that will mean more cars on the road unless someone else steps in with a new service.
The cutbacks will affect other states as well, along the northern corridor from Seattle to Chicago, so make your plans now if you intend to travel GL. It isn't the most fun way to travel anyway, but was the absolute cheapest way to go, and will leave many who cannot drive and don't like to fly stranded.
It's sad...$$$ really is the bottom line.

© Copyright 2004 Kathleen Kacy Stafford - All Rights Reserved
Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
1 posted 2004-07-01 01:04 PM

Dang! That's cold. Now who do we leave the drivng to?

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
2 posted 2004-07-01 02:46 PM

ME! LOL, if you visit here, I still only know a few of the roads, but can get to the beach and Portland without any trouble.
I would absolutely love to accomodate a Pipster or two if anyone makes it to this part of paradise.

Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
3 posted 2004-07-01 09:27 PM

Next year! It's in my calendar and I know all the roads, so I get shotgun!

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Oregon Greyhound bites the dust

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary