navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Advice for the undergrad
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic Advice for the undergrad Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
quatro
since 2003-04-29
Posts 392
Galveston, Texas

0 posted 2004-06-30 11:51 AM

Hello all,

I have been absent from the board, absent minded and in fear of losing my brain as well.  This job, which I am over qualified for, has my brain in "pause" mode and I need to "kick-it-up-a-knotch"!

I have decided to attempt going to college and pursue a degree in English and creative writing.  I have just celebrated my 20th year high school reunion with all of my friends and have been encouraged by most to go back to school.  As I have just told you, I have been out of school for a long time yet I look forward to returning.

I hope that you may have some words of advice or encouragement or maybe even a "CHALLENGE" in writing to help me oil the wheels of my brain so that I can get back into gear.

You all have been an inspiration to me and I wish that I had more time to visit the board to post and read your works, but you are not forgotten.  I cherish all your efforts and achievements and hope to follow in the footsteps of our great writers here.

I may not be able to start school until the Spring, but I have been doing all research on the different colleges degrees offered here at the different Texas universities and St. Thomas University sounds pretty promising.

Thanks for all your suport.

Sincerely,
Naome ~quatro

© Copyright 2004 Naome James - All Rights Reserved
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
1 posted 2004-06-30 12:01 PM

quatro, sounds to me as if you have just initiated your own Challenge...

Go ahead, in prose or poetry, and tell me your FEELINGS about going back to school...

go ahead, I dare ya!

I also congratulate you!!!

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
2 posted 2004-07-04 08:14 AM

This is great news... It's absolutely never too late to pursue more education... Go for it - and find your way back here when you can...
passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
3 posted 2004-07-06 01:02 PM

wishing you well
come back here when you can

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Advice for the undergrad

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary