navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » 6th June 1944 60th Anniversary of the DDay Landings.Let us show our respect.
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic 6th June 1944 60th Anniversary of the DDay Landings.Let us show our respect. Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Goldenrose
Member Elite
since 2003-05-30
Posts 3665

0 posted 2004-05-08 05:45 AM

Fellow PIP family members, i thought that it would be a fitting gesture and tribute for us to do what we do best and write poems on the theme of DDay.

This year marks the 60th anniversary of an extraordinary event in history.
A day when the world simultaneously and collectively held it's breath, as the whole future of the world was in the balance.

So in our own special way, let us give thanks to all of the brave men and women of the allied forces who faught and died in order to defeat the evil and tyrany of Nazi Germany.
The beaches of Sword, Juno,Gold, Omaha and Utah stand silent today, but they are still visited by the spectres of dead heroes.
No war is ever justified, but this war ensured the freedom that we enjoy today.
Without the brave allied forces of Britain, The United States Of America, Russia, Canada, France and many other nations of the world, we may still be in the shackles of evil that was Nazism.

I will be posting poems for the people lost in battle, i hope that people will embrace this and show them how much we cared and owed to their lives.
Please try to post poems from now until the 6th of June, maybe we could send some to the relative units who faught, to show our gratitude.

Thank you for reading

Phil (Goldenrose)

An interesting site on the net is www.dday.co.uk/

''There is no need for temples, no need for complicated Philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness''-  Dalai Lama

© Copyright 2004 P.D - All Rights Reserved
Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
1 posted 2004-05-08 09:28 AM

DDay meant hope for so many who surely stood with hands joined in prayer for the success of the operation ... So much blood was shed!
And the lesson has not been learned yet!
Yes, Phil, it's good to remember and honor those men who fought for freedom, but let's also hope that those events teach a lesson.
May people all over the world awaken to the awareness that we are One and that war can be avoided when dignity and economical wellness will be guaranteed to all nations.
Love, Margherita

Goldenrose
Member Elite
since 2003-05-30
Posts 3665

2 posted 2004-05-08 10:02 AM

Margherita...i agree that we should not forget and learn lessons, i think for the most part we have. But this war was not about anything else, other than freeing people, and liberating them, unlike many modern wars.This was a war of good versus evil and the allied forces came together as one to defeat that evil.

Many men paid the ultimate price, but let us write our own tribute to the people that fell.

That is why i am proposing that we do this in remembrance of the dead.

Goldenrose.

ThisDiamond
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-02-22
Posts 9353
Michigan, USA
3 posted 2004-05-08 10:35 AM

Thanks for bringing this to my attention Phil.  Your thoughts are appreciated, especially in light of recent events.

The current situations unfolding before our eyes have wounded me...like so many.  I do realize that in war there are these tragedies, and the response of fight fire with fire becomes a tangible thought.

To know that human beings could ever conjure such horrible thoughts and mitigate them to action for any purpose is so offensive to all that the brave and courageous of ages have stood for.  I do celebrate all of those men and women throughout history who have united for one cause, the purpose of peace and freedom, and you are right, because of them we all enjoy a generousity that is priceless.  

Would you start an add on poem on the forum?
The inspiration is needed...
TD

A Romantic Heart
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-03
Posts 5496
Forever In Your Heart
4 posted 2004-05-10 08:12 AM

You have painted a masterpiece with words in open....

I agree with your thoughts on this topic...not like the modern wars...

So many lives given and sacrificed for freedom...

Thanks for the dedication of rememberance of souls....

Very sweet, yet very emotional...

Love~ARH

Open your eyes, open your mind, open your heart, let me come in and show you love.....~ARH

Goldenrose
Member Elite
since 2003-05-30
Posts 3665

5 posted 2004-05-10 12:13 PM

Diamond..i have posted a poem on the subject of dday....it is in open 32 and called ''Airborne Assault'' perhaps a moderator can post it in here as well if you need inspiration to start you going..or you can click on the website at the top on my original post.

I really do think that more could and should be done on this theme...it shows that we DO NOT forget the fallen...the brave people who died....they did not die in vain..they died for a just and noble cause..that of life for US in this future....

I will be posting more...leading up to the dday itself..please help to make this a true sentiment of our gratitude...

Thank you..

Phil (Goldenrose.)

PS thank you ARH for your kind words...much appreciated...GR....

LeeJ
Member Patricius
since 2003-06-19
Posts 13296

6 posted 2004-05-11 09:16 AM

Golden Rose, I admire your care and concern for all those men, thank God for them, and also for people like you who are willing to remember.  

Thank you for the special admirable read.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » 6th June 1944 60th Anniversary of the DDay Landings.Let us show our respect.

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary