navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Some friends are true treasures
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic Some friends are true treasures Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Auguste
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-02-16
Posts 3953
By the sea

0 posted 2004-02-16 02:45 AM

Yes, some are, as are their families.  I don't mean to embarrass this friend, but she's always, always been here for me, even though most of my friends have now left.

I'm speaking of Martie.  No matter what I've had to go through, she's never once left my side, has always continued to believe in me and has kept me in her prayers, just as I have for her and her dear ones. To know her is to love her.  God made her very special, as each of her friends well know.  I could never ask for a better friend.

Both she and her husband, who I affectionately call, Mister Toe, are two of the most wonderful people I've been fortunate enough to come to call friends.  They have real heart, are *real* people deserving of much respect.  Each of us who have come to know this family feels the same way I do.  Thank God for Martie, Mister Toe and their littles ones.  

I just had a birthday, but am now unable to remember how old I am.  Even so, you can't begin to imagine the BIG grin on my face when I got a knock on the door, only to discover that Martie had sent me flowers once again.  They're doing very well and several times a day I go and take in their scent, because doing so feels like such a big hug from a friend I dearly love, one who has been with me no matter what my health has been.  

To sum up, Martie, precious one, thank you in the most sincere way I know how to say it.  Thank both you and Taylor.  God bless you both and God bless our friendship.  You're a prize, sweet one!  

Hugs,
Michael

The stars will shine when I am gone,
the earth will turn on as before,
the gulls, still race along the shore,
the morning star, still kiss the dawn

© Copyright 2004 Michael Auguste - All Rights Reserved
nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
1 posted 2004-02-16 05:20 AM

Friendships are very special Michael...

And Martie is indeed a treasure and a gift...

Don't discount that there are others on "whatever level" who think and care about you, too...and keep  prayers in their hearts for you.

A belated Happy Birthday,
Maureen

Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
2 posted 2004-02-16 02:29 PM

Michael...this is so sweet and I thank you for such a sincere loving write.  But, you know..to be a friend is easy with you because you have also always been there for me in friendship.  There are many here who care for you, like Maureen said...I am just one of them.  
Auguste
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-02-16
Posts 3953
By the sea
3 posted 2004-02-17 02:51 AM

Martie, Maureen, then where are they? I've gotten no e-mails in months and no one, even family, is ever on my messengers, not even any phone calls, so where are they? I won't name names, as I'd find doing so to be cruel.

I miss my friends, they were some of the VERY best friends I thought I'd ever made in my life, but as you know, the internet, doesn't appear to be *real* life, though it IS very real in many ways. As an example, Passions' prayers helped me and gave me SO much strength in my extremely terrifying fight with lung cancer. I still remember going into surgery and being scared as hell, but depending on those many, many prayers being sent to God, knowing that I'd be fine in the long run, NOT wanting to let ANY of you down, only wanting you to know that your dear prayers were answered, as they most certainly were. Those prayers helped me more than I could ever begin to know how to thank any of you for.

Listen for a second, okay? I particularly love wildflowers, because they are untouched by man, for the most part, hopefully. They're pure, living their own existence. Then someone comes along to discover their beauty, as did I last year on a deserted island. Sometimes beauty should just be admired and left untouched. Even so, just as the flowers, I am just so appreciative that you allowed your own beauty to touch me. When I get well again, I hope my own inner beauty can begin to touch each of you as well. Thank you for being my friends. I love you, I really, really do!

Michael                                                                                                                                                                        

GG
Member Elite
since 2002-12-03
Posts 3532
Lost in thought
4 posted 2004-02-17 03:01 AM

Michael I do still pray for you...
but you're right, some friends are just irreplaceable and touch deeper then others ever could. I'm glad martie's been there for you

Always, Alyssa

He was a man of sorrows
...I am a girl of tears.

Auguste
Member Elite
since 2000-02-16
Posts 3953
By the sea
5 posted 2004-02-17 03:04 AM

Thank you so much.  Yes, in all seriousness, I want to lift Martie up, because she's VERY deserving of that.  I also want ALL of you to come to know and make friends with this dear lady, because you'll never regret her love and friendship.  I promise that.   Please treasure her, as I always have.  

Auguste
Member Elite
since 2000-02-16
Posts 3953
By the sea
6 posted 2004-02-17 03:15 AM

Martie is one of the most thoughtful, caring, most forgiving, most understanding friends I've ever known in my life. She's also helped me in more ways, especially with my memory being so compromised now.  I SO wish I could be just like her, I really do.  Prayers are Cool, they ARE, but sometimes we need immediate comfort, that hug...  and Marties is always there for all of us, isn't it?!!

Tais
since 2004-01-28
Posts 92
Ontario, Canada
7 posted 2004-02-17 07:36 AM

One of the treasures in life, is a true friend.

Glad you have this treasure and so happy you know of it.

I loved reading your post because I could feel the happiness in your heart.

Tais

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
8 posted 2004-02-17 08:41 AM

In Martie, Michael, you have one of God's best gifts!  We keep you in our prayers, poet...

Enchantress
Member Empyrean
since 2001-08-14
Posts 35113
Canada eh.
9 posted 2004-02-17 09:01 AM

Michael, Martie's friendship is truly a gift from God.
Please know that you are also always in my thoughts and prayers.
Big, bigger, biggest hugs, Nancy.

nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
10 posted 2004-02-18 06:25 AM

I just want to say, Michael, that in case you never received it, but a while back I did email you and I never received a response...so I assumed you were too busy with your life and other friends.

I will try again later today.
Hugs
M

Auguste
Member Elite
since 2000-02-16
Posts 3953
By the sea
11 posted 2004-02-19 02:24 AM

I wasn't too busy, only too sick to reply.  Please look for a post from me in Announcements today so you'll understand.

Hugs,
My friend

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Some friends are true treasures

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary