navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » If there is anybody who can help me, please do
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic If there is anybody who can help me, please do Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Titia Geertman
Member Ascendant
since 2001-05-07
Posts 5182
Netherlands

0 posted 2003-12-30 12:39 PM

You know I write little rhymes to a German friends beautiful photographs /pip/Forum3/HTML/002854.html . I also have a Dutch professional photographer friends who has set up Circle24, a worldwide circle of professional photographers. They organize exibitions and appearantly they have magazins here and there.

I showed him Ekkehards photo's and my little rhymes and now we got an offer to publish in the Hungarian magazine, but....the photo's are no problem. The problem is to get my English rhymes translated into Hungarian.

Is there anybody out there who knows how to get that done? Do we have Hungarian poets here at PIP?
Does anybody maybe know somebody who speaks English as well as Hungarian?

Just a long shot, but you never know how a cow will catch a rabbit, according to a Dutch saying.

Please let me know if you know something that can help.

Like scattered leaves...my words will flow

[This message has been edited by Titia Geertman (12-30-2003 12:42 PM).]

© Copyright 2003 Titia Geertman - All Rights Reserved
Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
1 posted 2003-12-30 12:52 PM

Titia, call a local college or school and see if they have someone that can help you!
Trillium
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-03-09
Posts 12098
Idaho, USA
2 posted 2003-12-30 01:28 PM

Titia:  I am seconding Poet de Vine's suggestion and have no further help, but wanted to congratulate you on your success!

Love
Betty Lou

Betty Lou Hebert

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
3 posted 2003-12-30 01:59 PM

Do you have any sort of a library close by, Titia?  Perhaps they could put you in touch with someone who studies languages.  That, in addition to PdV's suggestion is about all I can come up with.  I am sadly lacking in linguistics!

Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
4 posted 2003-12-30 02:26 PM

Wonderful Titia!

You might also try a www.google.com search using the words:  translator english hungarian

A variety of things came up when I did that. One was the following link which may point you in a few directions. I don't know if this will be helpful ... just some more ideas to throw into the mix.
http://www.translation4.com/english-translation-a3.shtml

Munda
Member Elite
since 1999-10-08
Posts 3544
The Hague, The Netherlands
5 posted 2003-12-30 03:57 PM

Wow, kewl girl! Why don't you try one of the universities? I'm almost certain some of them are specialized in Slavonic languages and all our universities have websites these days. Perhaps you could leave a message? Good luck and "prettige jaarwisseling"!

[This message has been edited by Munda (12-30-2003 06:38 PM).]

scorpio
Member Ascendant
since 2002-10-02
Posts 5178
right...there
6 posted 2003-12-30 04:35 PM

Titia, I have no help to offer.  But I'm  very pleased that your poems and your friends picture will be published.  This is wonderful news and I hope it goes very well for both of you.

believe in what your heart feels...

Magnus
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-10-10
Posts 14135
South Carolina, USA
7 posted 2003-12-30 04:57 PM

http://www.tranexp.com/win/google/NeuroTranPictures.htm

Titia,  this is a link to a software for
translating,  not free though....google
search may very well help,  that is how
I found this particular URL.

Good Luck!!

Titia Geertman
Member Ascendant
since 2001-05-07
Posts 5182
Netherlands
8 posted 2003-12-30 09:30 PM

Thank you all so much for your help.
I've searched the internet over and over and finally came upon a website of a Hungarian lady Judit Gera, who studied English, Hungarian and Dutch literature (amazing isn't it?) She translates poetry (again amazing) among other things, is very highly educated and works on a University.

I wrote her an email, explaining my problem and asked her if she would be willing to help me.

I do hope she's willing to help me.
I'll let you know.

Titia

Like scattered leaves...my words will flow

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
9 posted 2003-12-31 11:49 AM

Crossing my fingers for you, Titia - This is great news... Congratulations...
skyshine
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2002-02-07
Posts 3058
Beneath the northern stars
10 posted 2003-12-31 12:01 PM

I'm glad you found someone, Titia, because online translators suck. I use those when I'm being silly and want a weird translation of things. Please let us know how it goes!

~sky

Dreams last for so long, even after you're gone...
~Jewel

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » If there is anybody who can help me, please do

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary