navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Graphics and backgrounds?
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic Graphics and backgrounds? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
skyshine
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2002-02-07
Posts 3058
Beneath the northern stars

0 posted 2003-12-11 06:00 PM

I am in the process of updating my two web sites and am looking for other sites that provide free graphics and backgrounds. Where do you find yours? Here are the best ones I've foind so far:

Webshots
Animation Factory
Wendy's Backgrounds
Moon and Back Graphics

Thank you!

~sky

Dreams last for so long, even after you're gone...
~Jewel

© Copyright 2003 Elizabeth Costello Larson - All Rights Reserved
Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
1 posted 2003-12-11 07:46 PM

(deVine pulls her trenchcoat up to her ears) *pssst! skyshine! wanna see some free graphics?

I have hundreds of sites bookmarked for graphics. I bought graphic software too as most of the free sites use those. This way there is no question of royalty..I purchased the right to use them!

Just got two CD's today from JASC software...guess what? They're TUBES!!!! Yeah!

Sorry...addictions are hard to control!

skyshine
Member Elite
since 2002-02-07
Posts 3058
2 posted 2003-12-11 07:47 PM

Cool! Thanks for the idea, Sharon. Do you find the sites through search engines or what?

~sky

~Jewel

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
3 posted 2003-12-11 08:40 PM

Google is best..type in FREE GRAPHICS (but be careful you'll get some really graphic stuff too. Some people learn they get unwitting visitors to their sites if they put popular words in their Meta Tags. I search for PSP Tubes and get adult sites all the time!)

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
4 posted 2003-12-12 01:46 AM

Sending you my stash - get ready!

Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
5 posted 2003-12-12 03:10 AM

One of the many items on my back burner is software designed to facilitate management of a links directory. You simply would not believe the number of people who write me and ask for a link/review on the main site, and many really do deserve it. There are some terrific sites out there. But the links page at the main site is static HTML and is a pain to update, so I never quite get around to it. The software, which is actually close to being finished, would allow a Yahoo type directory, with different sections, multiple pages, searches, etc.

Any way, while the software is obviously designed for poetry web sites, there's nothing to say it couldn't be used for other categories, too. Maybe we could collectively put together other resources that might benefit the whole community? Graphics might a good first step.

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
6 posted 2003-12-12 07:23 AM

I think I have more graphics links than Yahoo does!!! LOL

What's the first step? Everyone put together a list? Post them here? Send them to you via email? (or they could send them to someone else - moi? - and that person would check for duplicates and broken links).

You would also need them sorted according to category right? And maybe free versus shareware or linkware? And perhaps by software? PSP vs PhotoImpact for example?

Alicat
Member Elite
since 1999-05-23
Posts 4094
Coastal Texas
7 posted 2003-12-12 10:43 PM

Hrm...perhaps Tech Talk could be overhauled for that purpose. There's several useful forums there which, regrettably, are rarely used. This would give that area a much needed airing, and would serve to create more interest there.
Paul Wilson
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2002-07-07
Posts 4711
United States
8 posted 2003-12-17 12:43 PM

skyshine...Thanks bunches...Paul

"To share my poems with you is to share my heart with you"

skyshine
Member Elite
since 2002-02-07
Posts 3058
9 posted 2003-12-17 01:22 PM

Hey no problem....and once again, thank you everybody!

~sky

~Jewel

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Graphics and backgrounds?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary