navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Liam decided to leave me tonight
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic Liam decided to leave me tonight Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
the_loner_23
Member Ascendant
since 2002-06-08
Posts 5479
Jacksonville, Florida, USA

0 posted 2003-10-25 12:16 PM

It ended on a bad note. We were having a discussion(if you know what I mean) and my Dad came in and I had to sign off in the middle of it. Then I get back online to see all these e-mails from him saying "So I guess you hate me. I'll disappear forever then." I e-mailed him back what happened and I think he is ignoring me. And in his journal he said he was tired of me. So as far as I know right now he is out of my life forever.

Cold hands means a warm heart

© Copyright 2003 the_loner_23 - All Rights Reserved
Severn
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-17
Posts 7704

1 posted 2003-10-25 02:04 AM

You know Julie - it's really easy to panic. Why don't you wait just a bit longer and then see what happens? Hm?

Give it just a bit of time - and maybe a bit of space...

Hugs

K

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

2 posted 2003-10-25 04:34 AM

I happen to know Severn gives excellent advice.

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
3 posted 2003-10-25 09:33 AM

Julie, I happen to know that Serenity knows excellent advice when she sees it! --and she's been known to dish some of it herself!

Lovin' hugs,
Linda

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
4 posted 2003-10-25 11:49 AM

Why didn't you just say to Liam "hey my dad walked in, I've got to go and we'll talk later"?

I say give it some time...

the_loner_23
Member Ascendant
since 2002-06-08
Posts 5479
5 posted 2003-10-25 12:43 PM

He signed back on and we talked almost 2 hours. I had to talk sense to the boy. Finally it sunk in and he kept saying he was sorry.

Enchantress
Member Empyrean
since 2001-08-14
Posts 35113
Canada eh.
6 posted 2003-10-25 05:00 PM

Great!  There ya go!  He loves ya!
Severn
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-17
Posts 7704

7 posted 2003-10-25 05:02 PM

There you go then...

But you know what? This business with your Dad - it's been going on for a long long time now hasn't it? Have you thought about talking sense to him and explaining that you're an adult now? That you're allowed a relationship?

Nothing will change, and you won't feel free to live your life, until you take some steps to make change happen Julie..

hugs

K

garysgirl
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2002-09-29
Posts 19237
Florida, USA
8 posted 2003-10-25 10:22 PM

Severn, that is very good advice. Julie is a lot younger than I am and I still  have trouble standing up to my Dad. I love him very much, but he has always been very domineering to my Mother, my brother and me. If it was left up to him I would not be having a relationship with Gary. I have tried many, many times these last five years to talk to my Dad about mine and Gary's relationship, but he will not listen. All he wants to do is to argue with me.

The difference between me and Julie is that I don't live in the same house with my parents.

I am very, very thankful that my Gary has so much patience with me. The  only  reason that he and I are not married is because of my Dad. Because he had open heart surgery, I'm afraid he's going to have more trouble with his heart.

I didn't mean to get so long-winded, but I do understand where you are coming from, Julie. My Dad has always said that no matter how old I am, if I live in his house I will do what he says. Julie, I don't know if your Dad is this way or not, but if he is I can understand how you feel.

[This message has been edited by garysgirl (10-25-2003 10:23 PM).]

the_loner_23
Member Ascendant
since 2002-06-08
Posts 5479
9 posted 2003-10-25 11:30 PM

yeah if I told Dad about my feelings for Liam he would make sure I never talked to him again. That is why when I get a job I am buying my own computer and paying for my own internet service. That way maybe I will have a little privacy.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Liam decided to leave me tonight

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary