navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » My Story
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic My Story Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
quatro
since 2003-04-29
Posts 392
Galveston, Texas

0 posted 2003-08-05 03:18 PM

Hello everyone.  I have been roaming through the halls of PIP looking for some solace or just some peace of mind and contentment.  I've been lost, confused and sometimes scared.  I visit here everyday several times a day.  I read and ocassionally I am inspired and compelled to reply.  I have the urge to write in my journal and write something meaningful, but the words won't come.  I have a block, but it's not writer's block.  I have much more on the brain that blocks my normal routine in life.  I tell myself not to worry and that all will be fine, but if you have read my last post here you know that I will be having surgery soon.  Well, that day is now two weeks away.  I'm scheduled for August 19th.  I'm not sure if I'm afraid of the surgery itself, the anesthesia, the hospital stay or the recovery period.  I was never this nervous when I had my children (and I had three of them)  According to my doctor, this surgery is as routine as having a child.  

I appreciate your prayers offered before from my last post.  We could all use prayer any day of our lives.  It doesn't hurt. Well, I'm rambling and I apologize for taking up any of your time, but I thought that I would give you an update on my situation.  During my recovery period I will be missing you all very much and wishing that I could get to a computer.  At home, my computer is on the 1st floor and my room on the 2nd.  I may have to move it upstairs before my surgery     Anyway, thanks for listening.

quatro

© Copyright 2003 Naome James - All Rights Reserved
Miah
since 2002-08-26
Posts 1062
Pennsylvania
1 posted 2003-08-05 03:25 PM

I wish you well on your operation.  I'm sure everything will be fine.  My mom is having her operation Aug. 14.  Your never alone out there.  I will keep you in my prayers.  
Chanson
since 2000-08-19
Posts 1559
Up Creek w/Out Paddle
2 posted 2003-08-05 03:35 PM

Quatro, you are in my prayers that you will be blessed with a successful surgery and a speedy recovery.

Hugs,
Chanson

gemjop
Member Elite
since 2002-11-18
Posts 2587
Pencilveinia, USA
3 posted 2003-08-05 03:46 PM

Oh hugs to you.

We'll all be thinking of you y'know..and were always here, whenever, someone is always here.

It must be so scary bless you. My dad had to goin a little while ago, and it was plain to see he was terrified. everyone gets scared.

You'll be fine lady, heck, like you say, you've had three children.

Much love,
and more hugs

gem
xxxxxx

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
4 posted 2003-08-05 03:55 PM

A few years ago, I underwent a surgery.  Scared?  You bet.  I do a lot of research and work on medical records - so I see all of the "goings on" behind the scenes through records.  Plus, I've been a reader of Robin Cook's novels - so you can imagine where my MIND was!

However, I have to admit, that my fears were unfounded.  There's the necessary recuperation time, of course, which can drive a sane and busy person absolutely nuts, so have some good books by your side to read - have some pads of paper and pen for writing - and take good care of yourself so you can get back to us soon.

But don't fear yourself into a frenzy.  I know.  I did - and it was a LOT of wasted energy...   You're going to be just fine...and we'll be glad when you're feeling like getting back to the blue pages!  

LoveBug
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-01-08
Posts 4697

5 posted 2003-08-05 04:13 PM

Such medical procedures, however routine, are always frightening. I'll remember you in prayer!

Oh, make me Thine forever
And should I fainting be
Lord, let me never ever
Outlive my love for Thee

Trillium
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-03-09
Posts 12098
Idaho, USA
6 posted 2003-08-05 07:00 PM

As you can see several people are already praying for you and I will too.  I know how scary it is to face surgery, no matter how many times your doctor says it's routine! However, once it's over you realize he was right!  we will all be waiting to hear from you again and know that our thoughts are with you!

Betty Lou Hebert

walker
Member Elite
since 2001-02-11
Posts 2240
Florida
7 posted 2003-08-05 09:15 PM

I know how you feel. I had surgery this year on March, removal of the gallbladder and I was so afraid. I had two c-sections prior and I never had felt fear. I think the fear it's because now I have children and I worried about something happening. I was very nervous when I got to the hospital, when they gave me something to I calm me down, it worked right away. Everything went well and i had a speed recovery and the time in the hospital was the needed vacation I needed. So don't worry everything will be alright and pray for inner peace. Good Luck!
Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
8 posted 2003-08-05 10:59 PM

Dear quatro, writing poetry is all about expressing thoughts and feelings--and this you have done very well in your open letter to your fellow Pipsters.

Perhaps you could use this stressful period to your advantage, by putting to paper what you are feeling inside. You may, or may not, care to post it but the self-expression could be a bit of a stress reliever.

I join the circle of friends in prayer for a speedy and full recovery. Keep the faith!

Loving, healing hugs,
EA

quatro
since 2003-04-29
Posts 392
Galveston, Texas
9 posted 2003-08-06 01:53 AM

Thanks to all of you for your compassion and your prayers.  My heart goes out to each of you for your support in my time of self inflicted anguish.  I know that I should not be worried and have faith that God will guide the surgeons as they do their job, but as mentioned I do have my children to worry about since I am a single parent.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking for pitty or anything of that nature, just the support of a few good friends and family.  I will follow the advice of each of you and keep a book and paper and pen at my side in addition to keeping myself healthy.  I do not wish to have to face this again and have it be more serious in nature.

I look forward to writing (as I imagine myself doing) and hopefully I will produce something meaningful.

I thank you for your prayers and support and I will continue to pray as well.  Your prayers will not go in vain because I do believe in the power of prayer among a circle of friends.

With love,
Naome
~quatro

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » My Story

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary