navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » No More Telmarketers
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic No More Telmarketers Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
QjQ
Member Elite
since 2003-04-18
Posts 3756
U.S.A.

0 posted 2003-07-02 10:39 PM

Well it's here!!!  at last we can sign up for NATIONAL DO NOT CALL REGISTRY and stop TELMARKETING heres the link to click to sign up and all information, IT'S FREE!!!

http://www.donotcall.gov/  

[This message has been edited by QjQ (07-03-2003 03:47 PM).]

© Copyright 2003 gMt - All Rights Reserved
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
1 posted 2003-07-02 10:45 PM

Thanks for the link, Glenn.  Now perhaps real people will get through to us, with unclogged lines ready and waiting!

Ratleader
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2003-01-23
Posts 7026
Visiting Earth on a Guest Pass
2 posted 2003-07-02 11:54 PM

I'm on it.....we'll see if it does any good!

~~(¸¸¸¸ºº>   ~~(¸¸¸¸ºº>  ~~(¸¸ ¸¸ºº>    ~~~(¸¸ER¸¸ºº>
______________Ratleader______________

passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
3 posted 2003-07-03 03:58 AM

I use my home phone for me, no answering machine, keep the ringer off unless I'm expecting a call...otherwise, people use my cell phone and I have caller ID on it so I can let voicemail get it
Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
4 posted 2003-07-03 07:21 AM

...Bless You... This is good news...

eor
since 2002-09-26
Posts 959
blues & greys
5 posted 2003-07-03 12:25 PM

side note: if you register, and they keep badgering you, if you feel it is worth your time you can sue...
Local Parasite
Deputy Moderator 10 Tours
Member Elite
since 2001-11-05
Posts 2527
Transylconia, Winnipeg
6 posted 2003-07-03 12:35 PM

I work in a market research firm now.  I call people's houses and ask them if they'd like to do a survey to help us out, that it'd take about 10 minutes of their time, and for some reason that makes so many people so angry.

Well, we're real people, we don't just get out kicks sitting around calling people and doing research for some political party or something.  It's what we do for a living, it's how we make money.  You have no idea how good a feeling it is to actually talk to someone who's sympathetic of your situation and doesn't think TEN MINUTES of their time is a huge sacrifice.

Once you've been on the inside, you become a lot more sympathetic.  What's the big deal?  If it's telemarketers selling something, politely decline.  If it's a survey, just help these people out sometime and actually take their survey.  You might not realize it (because we're not supposed to influence the survey by engaging in personal conversation), but on the other end of the line it's a huge sigh of relief by someone who's been trying for an hour or so just to get someone on the phone.

It's a nice thing to do for someone.  Not just the gigantic heartless company that's paying for the research, but for the actual person on the phone.  Listen to what they have to say, maybe.

Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world.
~Percy Bysshe Shelley

[This message has been edited by Local Parasite (07-03-2003 12:36 PM).]

QjQ
Member Elite
since 2003-04-18
Posts 3756
U.S.A.
7 posted 2003-07-03 02:49 PM

My personal complaint about telemarketers is.MOST don't and won't give you information
about the company there representing such as.

Name,,,,addressee,,,phone #,,, and can you call them back?

I feel as a citizen i have the right to know any information about the party calling me that i request, after all we have all been taught to not give information to STRANGERS?  And if and
when I'm given all the information i feel that i need to know, perhaps then i will call the caller back and participate.

Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
8 posted 2003-07-04 05:38 PM

Looks like this is only the beginning!

AT&T and Allstate Insurance and other such companies find that telemarketing is a muscle to their success, and now they are trying to invade our e-mail and mailboxes with new messages.

Looks like telemarketing will never diminish.

Sincerely,
Noah Eaton

Underneath your clothes, there's an endless story

***Shakira***

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » No More Telmarketers

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary