navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » We're Grandparents (6-10-2003)
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic We're Grandparents (6-10-2003) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
lucky
since 2000-01-17
Posts 1601
Idaho

0 posted 2003-06-13 11:20 AM

Good Morning Passions,

Just wanted to say Rosemary J. Gwaltney became a mother 33 years ago on June 10 (one month after Mother’s Day) with my son of course... Well here it is June 10th. 33 years later and our daughter Lisa Noelle Becker has had a boy (Samuel James - 10lbs. 2oz.) and Rosemary has become a grandmother. For those who would like to say they care, or been there done that, or just drop her a line, she probably would be more than pleased to hear from you as we are deep into the mountains of northern Idaho and are at least 50 miles from civilization. She can be reached at mountainrecluse@yahoo.com or d3497@earthlink.net. Once again... We’re grandparents.

lucky (Dale Gwaltney)

© Copyright 2003 Dale W. Gwaltney - All Rights Reserved
suthern
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
1 posted 2003-06-13 11:28 AM

Congratulations! *S* I'm so happy for you both... and of course for your daughter! *S*

My sister was born on my mother's birthday... seems June is as popular for your family as October was for ours. *S*

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
2 posted 2003-06-13 12:49 PM

Congratulations!!! It's wonderful to have a grandbaby isn't it???
Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
3 posted 2003-06-13 01:59 PM

Lucky...how wonderful!  Congratulations to you both!!
Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
4 posted 2003-06-13 02:48 PM

Dale & Rosemary~
What a beautiful blessing to two deserving grandparents~

I know the blessings of a granddaughter, and I'm here to tell you that she is my heart~

My best to Lisa and the new little fella~

Don't be poetic posting strangers ... we miss you BOTH !
*Huglets*
~*Marge*~

~*The pen of the poet never runs out of ink, as long as we breathe.*~
noles1@totcon.com

lucky
since 2000-01-17
Posts 1601
Idaho
5 posted 2003-06-14 11:45 AM

Passion Friends,

I just wanted to say how... When Rosemary was born her father road his bicycle up and down the streets of Three Hills Alberta yelling “I have a girl” to everyone he could see. When I was born in the Missouri Ozark's in a small two room house on the prairie there was really no one to tell except our family.

Today kids get married and end up so far away from home it seems somehow the caring gets lost in the distance.

The baby was a month over due. I could have thought Rj was having the baby herself. Her famous words...”I’m a wreck.” I was just about a wreck myself, thank God for the farm work that needed to be done. We have sheep and cows now along with ducks and goslings not to forget the cats dogs and many chickens. We just didn’t have anybody to tell being so far away and out of touch, spring is very demanding and many things need to get done - redone and they wern’t very interested in newborns.

Grandparents... how quaint.  Thanks Suthern for the congrats and I don’t know deVine..? I guess it could be wonderful... we can spoil their kids instead of our own.. hehe. Thank you too Martie and Marge. you two have been so wonderful and over the time we have known you become to say the least... best friends.

We’re both still writing in between the ranch responsibilities, not to mention the (girls) kids still here with us but its a little more difficult this time of year but as they say here in Idaho, “Winters coming”.  I’ll have lots of prose to work from by then and I’m sure Rj will make a grand debut until then much love.

best friends best finds

lucky

[This message has been edited by lucky (06-14-2003 11:46 AM).]

Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
6 posted 2003-06-14 04:03 PM

Well, I 'know' I can speak for MartieSis and myself when I say that YOU TWO have been wonderful friends to us both~
We LOVE you~

So very glad that you felt you could ride your bicycle on the pages blue and we'd hear you shouting !!!

After you both get full of grandson *hugs* (nah, that doesn't really happen), put those quills to work.  You BOTH are sooooooo talented !!!
I think of you both often ... and have to dip into the archives to refresh my heart with your beautiful writing~

*Huglets*
~*Marge*~

~*The pen of the poet never runs out of ink, as long as we breathe.*~
noles1@totcon.com

[This message has been edited by Marge Tindal (06-14-2003 04:09 PM).]

Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
7 posted 2003-06-14 11:53 PM

Lucky...what my sis Marge said is so true.  I miss both of you...your poetry, and Lucky, your long emails about what is and was.  You are both so special to me.  Hey, how about some photos of the new one..huh.  We are expecting another grandchild in August.  Love and hugs to you both!!!
passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
8 posted 2003-06-15 05:10 AM

that's wonderful news! I'm excited! Thanks for sharing!
Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
9 posted 2003-06-15 08:21 AM

Congratulations Rosemary & Dale
Enjoy every moment

Rosemary J. Gwaltney
since 1999-08-26
Posts 997
northern mountains, Idaho
10 posted 2003-06-15 03:31 PM

Thank you my friends!!  I appreciate your sharing our joy!!  This has always been such a caring place!  I've got to get writing again!

Warmly,

Rosemary

Justbleu
Member Elite
since 1999-08-31
Posts 3329
Oregon, Originally From Alaska :)
11 posted 2003-06-16 12:52 PM

Congratulations!!!!!  A grandson!!!! What a wonderful blessing!!!!!  Enjoy your new sweet little treasure!!!!!  And thank You for sharing him with us!!!!
HUGS,
Bridgette

"Somewhere, somehow, it should be possible to touch someone and never let go again.  To hold someone, not for a moment but forever." Unknown

Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
12 posted 2003-06-20 09:28 PM

***********BABY SHOWERS**************** (does happy dance) Oh my gosh, this is such beautiful news, dearest friend, congratulations to you and Lisa and Rosemary and your whole family for this beautiful new bundle of joy to your family, yay!!! May this new joy bring you much happiness and new happy memories, yay!!! (sends angel friendship hugs)

Love,
Noah Eaton

Underneath your clothes, there's an endless story

***Shakira***

[This message has been edited by Mistletoe Angel (06-20-2003 09:29 PM).]

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » We're Grandparents (6-10-2003)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary