navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » need some help please
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic need some help please Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Aimster
Member Elite
since 2000-02-19
Posts 4297
Charlotte, NC

0 posted 2003-05-18 11:52 AM

Hi guys. Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm entering a writing contest sponsored by Glamour magazine. The grand prize is $5000 plus the chance to have your own book published. I thought long and hard as to what I wanted to write about. It has to be the "story of your life" but they only want a sample to see if they are interested in having you write a whole book. I decided to go with my adoption. I had several years ago wrote a "letter" to my biological  mother. Though I'll never give it to her (I don't know where she is), it felt great just writing out all my feelings. I have chosen this particular piece of work as my opening. I have changed several things including fixed a lot of gramatical errors that were in it. I have posted this at Feelings. If any of you could please take the time to stop by and read what I've wrote, I'd appreciate it so much. Any and all critism or comments would be great! Thank you.

Amy

p.s. hope you all are well.

"love is like a butterfly--
if you chase it,
it will surely fly away,instead
hold it close and watch it grow into
something beautiful"
~me~

© Copyright 2003 Amy Kennedy - All Rights Reserved
Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
1 posted 2003-05-20 03:40 PM

I'll go and read it asap, though it might not be for a day or so because my schedule is really hectic this week.
GOOD LUCK!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » need some help please

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary