navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Distraught
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic Distraught Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
SimplyGold
since 2002-07-10
Posts 1453

0 posted 2003-03-21 07:34 PM

It's friday and I just learned about Lyra. Vicky and Nan I have just left your wonderful tribute to her and I'm pretty broken up. I know I need to leave my office and go home but, I can't seem to leave. I know many of you must be grieving as I am, not to mention, David and her family. I didn't see the notice in the paper and I would like to stop by since I live in her neighborhood. Amazingly, I didn't have her actual address. But I'll try to see if it is listed. My thoughts are with her and all who have loved her. Blessings to her and the hopes that her peaceful spirit will spread across this troubled world and leave her mark.

Sincerely,

SimplyGold

© Copyright 2003 SimplyGold - All Rights Reserved
Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
1 posted 2003-03-21 07:46 PM

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
2 posted 2003-03-21 08:01 PM

Electra - Check your email...
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
3 posted 2003-03-21 08:04 PM

I'm sorry, my friend, that you were not contacted otherwise, but thank goodness we do have this place to check on our friends, neighbors, both close, and across country... and across nations...

I cannot number the times I have come here to check on our poetry friends from all over when we hear of natural and man-made disasters....

SG...we are with you....hold on....

Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
4 posted 2003-03-21 08:16 PM

SG, its been a really stressful week in so many ways. For me, it included losing poet friend Lyra Tuesday, the war in Iraq, and a major blizzard in Denver that kept us all indoors for three and half days. I understand your feelings.
Hugs to you. I know Lyra would be the first one here to comfort you, if she could.
allow yourself time to cry, reflect, write a poem, visit the wonderful site prepared for her, and then pick a favorite environmental group to donate to, in her honor. Peaceful thoughts to you, Kacy

SmartChick
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-09-23
Posts 7081
On A Journey To The Unknown
5 posted 2003-03-21 09:10 PM

SimplyGold, Lyra was my dearest friend. I am not doing too well myself. I miss her so much. Email me if you want.
SimplyGold
since 2002-07-10
Posts 1453

6 posted 2003-03-22 07:14 AM

Martie,

Thank you, I know you share this emptyness.
SG

SimplyGold
since 2002-07-10
Posts 1453

7 posted 2003-03-22 07:19 AM

Sunshine,
Midnitesun, Smartchick, Nan,
How we all must feel? I share your grief and though I know that time will heal us, I also understand that this pain we feel for Lyra and our troubled world makes all the more valid the appreciation of Lyra's life and our hope for humanity.

Bless you. You see if not for Lyra, I would never have known of you and your poetry. I would never have known of all of you.

She has forever impacted my life!

SG

[This message has been edited by SimplyGold (03-23-2003 02:47 PM).]

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
8 posted 2003-03-22 02:04 PM

SG ~

All our hearts are heavy. I almost emailed you because I hadn't seen you writing any poems, announcements, or replies to our poems for Lyra, and I began to suspect you may not have heard of our chipmunk leaving us.

I read the title of Titia's poem announcing Lyra's passing, and it was one of those shocking and emotional moments that you always remember where you were and what you were doing when you heard it...

Let us all join hands in prayer for our beloved Lyra...

Warm hugs to you, Dear Heart,
EA

SimplyGold
since 2002-07-10
Posts 1453

9 posted 2003-03-22 02:34 PM

EA, and all,

I could not sleep last night and finally connected with David. I plan on seeing him this afternoon. The people who have come to pay their respects have gone now and he faces the days and nights alone. I will visit today and share with him all the caring and love that has been expressed for her from friends at Pip.

Yesterday was bittersweet for me. I was estactic upon receiving the email letting me know that I had been accepted into the book, it was then when I logged on that I learned of the news. I came crashing down for if not for Lyra I would not have known about Piptalk and all of your wonderful poetry. She was the one who encouraged me to share my poetry, her poetry my inspiration, her friends became mine. It is not fair that she gone.

Yes, I will remember where I was upon learning of this heartbreak and I for one will never forget her.

SG

Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
10 posted 2003-03-24 03:51 PM

(big hugggssssssss) Oh Electra, I know how hard it must feel, dearest friend, I too think it is not fair and all our hearts are still heavy I believe as she truly set an example of the most pure love and grace, just as your heart possesses! Her love and friendship will never be forgotten and in her name I will continue to rebel in protecting the environment and "real" freedom, but most importantly, for love.

God Bless You and Lyra's family, I send angel hugs out to all of you of healing!

Love,
Noah Eaton

"Underneath your clothes there's an endless story..."

Shakira

[This message has been edited by Mistletoe Angel (03-24-2003 03:52 PM).]

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Distraught

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary