navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Phone Call with Lyra
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic Phone Call with Lyra Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
NewEnglandlazurlu
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-01-04
Posts 7470
A Mountain Paradise

0 posted 2002-12-07 07:37 PM

I received a surprise phone call from Lyra this afternoon. She sounds wonderful, full of promise and positive thoughts despite the terrible pain in her back which her doctors think  is unrelated to the cancer. Her bed is piled high with feather bed covers and a foam pad but she is like the princess who can feel the pea.

Lyra is taking mega, mega drugs and jokingly said, "I'll probably become addicted and end up at the Betty Ford Clinic."  I have offered to go with her. Anyone else interested, please sign up below ...

David is printing out all the poems written for her and Lyra is so grateful for the warm and loving thoughts.

Hugs, Marti

© Copyright 2002 NewEnglandlazurlu - All Rights Reserved
Paul Wilson
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2002-07-07
Posts 4711
United States
1 posted 2002-12-07 10:32 PM

Marti~ Thanks for keeping us updated on our little Chipmunk friend. Glad to see she is feeling a little better...Paul
Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
2 posted 2002-12-07 11:22 PM

Thank you, Marti! Please give her our best anytime you talk to her and let her know we are thinking of her....she is a great lady. So are you...
Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
3 posted 2002-12-08 01:11 AM

This is great - Maybe we can start a topic thread called Chipmunk Chatter to keep up with all the news?  I know I am due to call her, and I am sure each of us can take a turn once every so often?  I love conference calls, just ask the girls in here, you dial one person, push flash, and dial another, then another, until they cut you off - presto! A gab session and we have had many LOL.  Hey Lyra, get ready for one and hang in there Princess.  

Marti that was so kind of you to post your time spent on the phone with us.

Season's Greetings
    from my home in Canada to yours!

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
4 posted 2002-12-08 08:37 AM

Marti, when you next talk to Lyra, tell her Sun is sending streams of warmth!  Hugs to both of you, and thank you for the update!

Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
5 posted 2002-12-08 08:50 AM

Thank you for keeping us updated. Typical Pipschipmunkster Lyra, finding some humor within the pain and fear.
I'm writing one called Pipschipmunkster, hope to post within a day or two.
Healthy hugs, Kacy

Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
6 posted 2002-12-08 02:48 PM

(big hugggssssssss) Oh Marti, thank you so much for telling us about her, sweet friend, I am so happy to hear she is feeling better as I have thought about her so much! (sigh) God Bless You, sweet friend, you and Lyra are two true Passions angels! I continue to send angel hugs and love her way!

Love,
Noah Eaton

"Underneath your clothes there's an endless story..."

Shakira

[This message has been edited by Mistletoe Angel (12-08-2002 02:49 PM).]

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Phone Call with Lyra

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary