navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » sonnet challenge
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic sonnet challenge Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Billy Rae
since 2002-10-31
Posts 1

0 posted 2002-10-31 01:50 PM

Can you be a Social Shakespeare? I am a Secondary Education Major performing a project. I am required to submit 3 original works from students in the 11th or 12th grade to be graded by a rubric I have developed. The poems will not be published but will become part of my college portfolio project. If you are up to the challeng here it is: The sonnet must have a theme about a "social concern" in today's communities. All of the elements of a shakesperean sonnet should be followed but does not have to be entirely written in the "iambic pentameter". Although I said this was for highschoolers I will gladly except other submissions. Unfortunately all I can offer you is the joy of the challenge. If I do use your sonnet I will inform you if an email address is left or I will post it on the forum. My email is billyrae@cox.net. Thankyou!  

© Copyright 2002 Billy Rae - All Rights Reserved
Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
1 posted 2002-10-31 08:26 PM

We Are the Light

Sorry - I'm not a high school kid...

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » sonnet challenge

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary