navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Firefighters Association Widow's and Children's Fund?
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic Firefighters Association Widow's and Children's Fund? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
rwood
Member Elite
since 2000-02-29
Posts 3793
Tennessee

0 posted 2001-09-15 09:08 AM

I received this in my e-mail. Don't know if this is an official site with credence. Would like to find out if this is safe in case others would like to send a donation to the  Uniformed Firefighters Association Widow's and Children's Fund. Not sure how to go about verifing the authenticity. Especially if others are sending in and it is not authentic. Would appreciate any help regarding this site. Thank you.
Dear ,

In the nation's most horrific tragedy ever, hundreds of courageous firemen left their families and risked their lives to save others. These firemen exhibited a courage that no one can ever imagine. Many of these firemen have died in the tragedy, leaving behind families that are in need.

Please take the next few minutes to write a check for $10, $25, $50, $100, $250, $500 or more and send it to the Uniformed Firefighters Association Widow's and Children's Fund.

For more information on the Uniformed Firefighters Association Widow's and Children's Fund, please click here. http://ufalocal94.org/

Let's help their families by making a donation. Even the smallest amount will help. Please forward this email to as many people you can.

Send your check to:

UFA, Widows and Children's Fund
c/o Uniformed Firefighters Association
204 East 23rd Street, 5th floor
New York, NY 10010

Thank you, your friends at Traffix  

[This message has been edited by rwood (edited 09-15-2001).]

© Copyright 2001 Regina Wood - All Rights Reserved
Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
1 posted 2001-09-15 09:59 AM

It's good to be cautious, Regina.

The web site http://ufalocal94.org/ is registered to the Uniformed Firefighters Assoc in NY, with an Administrative contact named Anthony LoMeli. Perhaps more importantly, it's been registered since early 1999, so it wasn't put up recently just to take advantage of a bad situation. You and others can find out more information about the registration here.

I think it looks legitimate, at least enough so to warrant further investigation. Anyone who wanted to make a donation should probably also invest in a phone call.

Sven
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 1999-11-23
Posts 14937
East Lansing, MI USA
2 posted 2001-09-15 11:09 AM

Regina, if you'll look in my NEWS thread below, you'll see that I've linked to all sorts of sites that have information about what organizations you can donate money to. . .

You'll find everything from United Way, the Red Cross, and the Fireman's Fund of New York. . .

-----------------------------------------------------------------

To the world, you may only be one person. But to one person, you may be the world.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Firefighters Association Widow's and Children's Fund?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary