navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Can I write and be seen too?
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic Can I write and be seen too? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Ladycat
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 1999-07-05
Posts 782
At the edge and a doorway,TX

0 posted 1999-07-13 08:42 PM

It has been awhile since I have written anything and the first thing that I noticed was that there are alot of poets.. Understand that not everything is going to get seen, but some of the poets are posting three or four pieces a day.. Some of us others who don't get a chance to post so much don't get seen.. I looked after i posted this afternoon and I realized that I'm at the bottom of the page.. I would love for a few to stop by and read what I write too.. I do for them.. Even if it's nothing more than you are doing a great job..

I was just wondering if there was anything that could be done about this.. I need some output on my stuff too..

Love,
Lady

------------------
Live in my world just once and you'll find yourself enraptured.

© Copyright 1999 Vynette M. Charles-Brooks - All Rights Reserved
Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
1 posted 1999-07-13 10:22 PM

Ladycat - Post in the new "Critical Analysis" Forum..... You'll get noticed for sure...

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
2 posted 1999-07-13 10:43 PM

I must say I agree with you. I've noticed several people posting multiples lately. Wonder if they have archives full of poetry or if they're writing 4-5 poems a day? I can't keep up!!!!

I'm going to hunt down all your poems and bring them to the top!!!!!

Ladycat
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 1999-07-05
Posts 782
At the edge and a doorway,TX
3 posted 1999-07-14 01:29 AM

Thank you for understanding and Nan that is a good idea, but I more or less what ppl to read and understand.. I just hope that the ones that are in the Critical Analysis aren't too hard on me..

Love,
Lady

------------------
Live in my world just once and you'll find yourself enraptured.

elvira
since 1999-07-06
Posts 936
California
4 posted 1999-08-12 05:22 AM

[This message has been edited by elvira (edited 08-22-99).]

Lucie
since 1999-06-20
Posts 1077
Houston
5 posted 1999-08-14 02:56 PM

I agree with Elvira, though there is no limit on creativity I feel if you have sat and pumped out 5 poems in one day (and believe me I've seem some post more then that) you have way to much time on your hands and should perhaps take some time to read and not just write. Most of us who have poetry in our soul have mountains of notebooks filled with words we've written. I for one would never let any of you see some of my earlier work, of course my poetry is a therapy, not really worthy like some I've seen. I don't even think it would fit in with the teen poetry I've read. Anyway.... I'm rambling. My point is perhaps there should be a limit, it would allow more to be learned from the posting of other great works.

Passing the mic to someone else. Thanks for listening.

Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration
6 posted 1999-08-15 05:06 AM

(hanging head in shame)

Sorry Ladycat, I think I'm one of the people posting more than one a day, and it's just because I write when inspiration hits me, and I am a fast writer, with at most one edit per poem. (Maybe on some I should do more!)I have two full time jobs, draw, and am writing a second book right now. On top of that, I write poetry when my muse visits.
Anyway, in my defense, I will say that I read back as far as I can (to a certain limit) and try to get to all the poems that have been posted that day. Sometimes I don't respond if there's already been responses, but usually, I try to give an opinion on the ones that really strike me.

Rebuke recieved, and taken in a constructive manner, I will try to post at most two a day! Even if it means I'll have to do a backlog!!!

------------------
...the things I did not know at first, I learned by doing twice.
-Billy Joel

Sue
since 1999-08-04
Posts 383
France
7 posted 1999-08-15 03:08 PM

Nan, I tried posting something in 'Critical Analysis' but I didn't get a single reply - so it's not quite "for sure"
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Can I write and be seen too?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary