navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Just venting
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic Just venting Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland

0 posted 1999-12-15 06:44 PM

I'm venting so don't anyone read to much into this or between the lines k?

I am sick of thinking the wrong thing, misunderstanding, stuffing things up.  Seeing what isn't there.
It's like a set myself up only to fall.  I'm so sick of it.

Do I expect too much.  Dare I hope for more?  I know in my heart what is right and how to be, and I'll damn well probably die trying.  But all along the way there are hiccups, hurts, betrayls etc.

I'm just sick of the hard stuff you know.  I know I am so better off than many people, half a nice home, family, food etc.  But spiritually the road is hazardous.  I don't mean God I mean myself, my inner, my personal spirituality.

You are up, then down, up , then down.  I want to be one of those people that are always UP and happy go lucky.  Not have to work at it that's it!!  It should come naturally and I feel it does, but I also feel it wavers.....
Well I have vented now, feel better.  I don't care particularly about responses, just wanted to air the grievances  

What the inner voice says will NOT disappoint the hoping soul.
~Isis~
(Daughter of Mystery)

© Copyright 1999 Isis - All Rights Reserved
Lost Dreamer
Member Elite
since 1999-06-20
Posts 2464
Somewhere near the Rainbow
1 posted 1999-12-15 07:37 PM

glad I just read this right now I feel like I can relate, not that I want to but just the mood I'm in at this time. Seems the mood master has taken over and left me on edge. I'm ready to go ballistic over the littlest of matters. I normally do feel really good about life so this mood is making me crazy. I hope peace of mind comes to you soon and thanks for giving me a place to release my tensions also.
Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
2 posted 1999-12-15 08:01 PM

Ok Lost Dreamer, looks as though we are a pair tonight.   Confusion and misery love company  

~Isis~
(Daughter of Mystery)

Mike
Member Elite
since 1999-06-19
Posts 2462

3 posted 1999-12-15 09:30 PM

Not in response to your post necessarily...
but it appears to me you are one blessed person... what a cute child....

Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
4 posted 1999-12-15 11:00 PM

Why thanks Mike.  Generally yes I am blessed, just venting I assure you.  My son Dylan is cute thankx.  P.S.  I'm smiling now  

~Isis~
(Daughter of Mystery)

Alwye
Member Elite
since 1999-06-16
Posts 3850
In the space between moments
5 posted 1999-12-15 11:02 PM

Man, I too understand this all too well.  I feel ready to snap sometimes..ironically, I have too much to worry about right now to let it all get to me..good luck Isis.     That is one adorable girl.

*Krista Knutson*

"I can feel you breathe, it's washing over me, and suddenly I'm melting into you..." ~Faith Hill: Breathe~

Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
6 posted 1999-12-15 11:13 PM

Krista he is a boy Dylan  

~Isis~
(Daughter of Mystery)

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
7 posted 1999-12-15 11:29 PM

Boy do I need to vent! None of this will make sense to anyone but I need to get it off my chest!

I'm taking 2 weeks off work starting next Monday. Two weeks after I get back, I have 11 files that are due to be turned in to my supervisor. If you've ever gone away for any length of time you'll know that I'll be faced with mountains of mail..e-mail and phone messages..it will take at least a day to get caught up! I wanted to work ahead a little to make coming back to work after the holidays less frightful.

So here I am, working away....pushing myself.. still answering technical questions..fixing computer glitches (not my job)..listening to everyone's holiday problems (not my job)...and trying to answer questions while my supervisor is home sick (not my job)...so what is everyone else doing?  NOTHING! One girl is calling around to find a seat for a 78 Blazer for her husband. Another is chatting with a girlfriend on the phone! NO one is working but me! Why? Because I'm dedicated? But we all get the same pay....no one gets more than another?  I get so tired of doing more than my fair share that sometimes I just want to get up and go home.  I could spend hours writing...reading....working on graphics!

See what you started!?  LOL..ok..all better! Thanks.

Denise
Member Seraphic
since 1999-08-22
Posts 22648

8 posted 1999-12-15 11:36 PM

Yep, I can relate too, Isis. The clouds have been hanging around more so than usual lately. Don't know why. Nothing major, perhaps just a lot of little things piling up. up,down,up,down...sounds quite familiar of late. I should listen to the advice that I give my children....keep your mind stayed on the things above...whatever is pure,lovely,etc. When I do remember to do that I feel better! And Dylan is a beautiful little boy! I think he looks just like his mom!  

Denise

Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
9 posted 1999-12-15 11:43 PM

Ah PDV I helped you vent too!!  
And Denise thanks, I think Dylan is a little cutie.  In fact I have a photo of myself at the same age as he is now, and we could be twins.  That is heartwarming for me if nothing else.  With my blood or lack of history.  HUGS my friend and thanks  

~Isis~
(Daughter of Mystery)

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
10 posted 1999-12-16 11:17 AM

To Isis, and the others that grinched... WHAT?  You're forgetting already that it is the holiday season, and that the sun hasn't shone on you for a few days, thereby putting you into a "depression-dump?"  We all know, without Sunshine...

so I've let you down by not posting for the last few days.  Well, pile the guilts on me, I deserve them.  LOL!!

Isis, by now you are probably feeling better, because people have pointed out to you your most prized possession - Your SON!

And PdV, boy, can I relate!!  Being in the same boat - ah well, there are rewards, believe me, just look under any old rock.  HA!  Caught you looking!!

And denise, just look for I bet you've already found a rainbow or two...

My hugs to all of you...< !signature-->

Sunshine
Look, then, into thine heart, and write ~~~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

[This message has been edited by Sunshine (edited 12-16-1999).]

Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
11 posted 1999-12-16 08:45 PM

Thanks Sunshine, for sending your warming thoughts my way  

~Isis~
(Daughter of Mystery)

Alwye
Member Elite
since 1999-06-16
Posts 3850
In the space between moments
12 posted 1999-12-16 10:10 PM

... -smacks herself- Boy do I feel stupid..a have a good excuse though..I babysit a little girl and at first glance, the picture looks like her.  But now when I go back and look closer, it is indeed a beautiful little boy.  You're very blessed. < !signature-->

*Krista Knutson*

"I can feel you breathe, it's washing over me, and suddenly I'm melting into you..." ~Faith Hill: Breathe~

[This message has been edited by Alwye (edited 12-16-1999).]

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Just venting

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary