navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Abuse And Other Evil
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic Abuse And Other Evil Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
ESP
Member Elite
since 2000-01-25
Posts 2556
Floating gently on a cloud....

0 posted 2000-04-25 12:35 PM

I am not actually "flamin and complainin"...no point to that at this stage of the game, I just want everyone's opinions on this.

It being child abuse prevention month, I have read many poems about it in the forums. Why do people inflict such evils upon children? Why do so many previously abused people have a tendency to abuse their children?...I would have though that having gone through something so terrible as that they would want to protect their children from it. I am well aware that there are also plenty of survivors who go on to be wonderful parents, wifes, husbands etc How come so many don't? It has gone on and on and on for so long, will we ever break out of this vicious cycle of abuse and more abuse? I think I may come over as ignorant on this topic...blissfully so....my question is why, why does it keep on happening? Also, is there a way to eradicate it altogether?

Why is there so much evil in our world? There are countless types of crimes being comitted all the time all over the world...will it continue to get worse before it gets better? How many ways mankind has thought of to persecute his fellow men. How will all the crime ever be eradicated? Will mankind always be looking over their shoulder and trying to find ways to safeguard themselves, their families and their homes? Will we ever truly be safe?

What do you all think?

Love and hugs to all,
Lizzie

"Poetry is the true expression of my soul, it is my ultimate means of communication. It is my rainbow of delight."

© Copyright 2000 ESP - All Rights Reserved
Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
1 posted 2000-04-25 01:40 PM

Lizzie, it's not a big deal by any means, but it's usually better to not post the same topic in multiple forums. Gets too confusing! Since there are already responses in Feelings, I'm going to close this thread to avoid that confusion...
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Abuse And Other Evil

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary