navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » The new kid
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic The new kid Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Wobbly Head Bob
since 2000-05-15
Posts 299
Virginia, USA

0 posted 2000-05-15 03:35 PM

Posting several of his own works the new kid is barely noticed and surely not recognized.  Starting ealry in the day he posts 5 or 6 of his own personal writings in several rooms in hopes of replies, critiques, or even verbal slap downs for his idle banter printed in a loosely structured rhyming scheme.  Now fairly late in the day, he has seen none of these, whilst others post two hours later, and have 20 responces 10 minutes after initially posting.  He realizes this may be due to seniority and perhaps this is a favorite of the place, and even he has to post a reply because what he's just read did in fact blow him away.  He's just looking for insight just hoping to touch the soul even lightly whisper something across the spirit or shed light on a subject just barely peaking from another conciousness.  He desperately needs to know if all is in vain, if all he is is just another silly poet poseur on the verge of causing his pencils to persue mass suicide.  Maybe impatient, maybe a little too wanting of another who can trully read what is written, who sees the meaning when logic has been knocked on its head and sent to the floor in a helpless crumpled mass.  

Sorry, just wanted to ***** cause no one was responding to my work.  Thanks!  (no replies necessary)

PS. not that I'll get any!  

© Copyright 2000 Wobbly Head Bob - All Rights Reserved
Denise
Member Seraphic
since 1999-08-22
Posts 22648

1 posted 2000-05-15 04:11 PM

Hi Bob, no your efforts are not in vain, be patient, the replies will come, sometimes it just takes a little time until you and your work become known to others. Check out some of your posts in The Corner Pub, there are some replies there, now.  Also, post each poem only in one forum, the one you deem most appropriate for each poem. Posting a piece in more than one forum is against the guidelines. It is also advisable not to post too many back to back. Most people have limited time and can only read so many in one sitting. Perhaps that is why some of yours have gone unread so far. Welcome to Passions, I'm sure that you will love it here, as I do.

Denise

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
2 posted 2000-05-15 05:16 PM

I promise to go read your poetry if you will tell me why you chose this user name!!!  
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
3 posted 2000-05-15 05:34 PM

Hello new kid on the block...first, take denise seriously, she knows her stuff;

second, once you supply an answer to Poet deVine, who REALLY knows her stuff, then

three, I will go read some of your work.

Keep your chin up, you just GOT here!!!  Welcome to Passions!

Sunshine
Look, then, into thine heart, and write ~~~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
4 posted 2000-05-15 06:18 PM

But, Sunshine - My understanding is that if he keeps his chin up, it will by definition be ungrounded - thereby causing his head to wobble even more than it already is...

My suggestion would be simply to comment on others' poetry.. Become more visible - wobble about their posts - Let yourself be known - and above all.... My best ad-VICE - Keep your head screwed on securely at all times... Don't be bobbing around quite so much..."If you can keep your head - when all about you are losing theirs and blaming it on you..."

[This message has been edited by Nan (edited 05-15-2000).]
doreen peri
Member Elite
since 1999-05-25
Posts 3812
Virginia
5 posted 2000-05-15 07:41 PM

Bob, m'friend... welcome to passions... i echo the others in that you will love it here... i think the 'problem' was that you posted several poems during mid-day when people were at work....

this is a much more populated/active posting board than the scroll ... but most people are 'here' in the evenings, not as many during the day... except for... maybe... the addicts... LOL

hang in there, m'friend.. you are a fine writer and your work will be recognized.. i have no doubt in my mind... oh... and .. you might want to click the box that says to email you when you have a response.. i do that..just an idea...

oh and also.. i agree with Nan.. make your presence known by responding to others... just as at the scroll.. they will get to know your name and respond to you because they remember your name and that you responded to them...

thanks for meeting us in the alley.... write, post... it will be read...

oh, and btw... i often get skipped over, too... oh well... life is short... some people skip dessert... hehe  

WhtDove
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-22
Posts 9245
Illinois
6 posted 2000-05-15 11:15 PM

Welcome! They all have a point here! I did a search today and see that you posted different poems in different forums, which is good! You did post one of the same poems in two different active forums though, and that we discourage.

I saw and replied to your post in spiritual. You need to reply to others work as well. It kind of goes hand in hand. The more you reply to others work the better known you become, they get to know you through this. Pretty much how we communicate with each other is through our replies to one another.

I did see you post poems in Spiritual, but I didn't see your replies to any of them.
You will get the hang of things, and find that this place holds a lot of wonderful people! It's our home away from home.

I hope you have a great time and enjoy yourself. I see your already taking advantage of the many forums we have here and that's GREAT!

If you need any help or have questions, feel free to give me an email!

Alle'cram
since 2000-02-28
Posts 1816
Texas
7 posted 2000-05-16 10:16 AM

Wow, I loved all these replies. (What was the question?)lol. I was just browsing and ran upon this and from the replies I have learned a lot. I think I post one poem in two separate forums once, (didn't know) and I discovered I may be a addict, ugh!
If I remembered the question, I'm sure I would have yet another answer but these are great replies! I laughed at some and became wiser with others.......if I just remembered  the question....

Wobbly Head Bob
since 2000-05-15
Posts 299
Virginia, USA
8 posted 2000-05-16 11:00 AM

Wow, ok, where to begin?!  *lol*  First my apologies for posting same poems in different forums, again I blame this on the wobbling head!  I promise to read and reply become known and soon be famous with riches and babes and big houses on secluded islands...wait, what, where am I?  Anyhow thank you all so much for giving input, I value it very much, and to answer one question; PoetDevine, I chose this name because it, like me, is silly in nature and easily recognizable, also it is not an original name, it came from a comic book I thumbed through years ago, the name stuck, the book didn't!  Again thank you all, and I already feel so welcomed!
doreen peri
Member Elite
since 1999-05-25
Posts 3812
Virginia
9 posted 2000-05-16 02:45 PM

The name comes from the comic book, "Johnny, the Homicidal Maniac", right?

hehe *wink*

Wobbly Head Bob
since 2000-05-15
Posts 299
Virginia, USA
10 posted 2000-05-16 03:59 PM

Doreen, you're on cue as always! *lol*

[This message has been edited by Nan (edited 05-16-2000).]

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
11 posted 2000-05-16 04:01 PM

Oh Geez, guys, I think "Bob" is actually one of the Justin kids...and he will realize that once he really gets into the archives [Ron where are the archives...???] and digs around in some of the old stuff...I think he'll be one off the wall poet who might put some of our older, Wiser, Sillier guys to task!  What say you?
Wobbly Head Bob
since 2000-05-15
Posts 299
Virginia, USA
12 posted 2000-05-16 04:17 PM

The "Justin kids"?  I have no clue what that is, but as for me...yeah, you could say I'm on a mission! *L*
Denise
Member Seraphic
since 1999-08-22
Posts 22648

13 posted 2000-05-16 04:21 PM

I agree, Sunshine! 'Bob' would fit right in with the Justin crew and judging from his wit would sure keep the 'Stute' jumping with excitement!  

Denise

Justin Kace
since 1999-09-13
Posts 82
Oz
14 posted 2000-05-16 04:32 PM

Justin Kace you're wonderin'
You Wobble-Headed Bob
You'll not put us asunderin'
We'd rather see you lob

We're Justin Thyme to put a halt
To all this silly stuff
No matter how you try you can't
Ever have Justine Uff.....

Justin Sayne
since 1999-10-09
Posts 53

15 posted 2000-05-16 04:37 PM

It's Justin Sayne of you to think
We'd not see through you Bob
We're in the stute but we shall not
Let others have our job

We humor all the poets here
With our insanity
If you're applying for employ
Then in the stute you'll be.....

Justin Thyme
since 1999-09-13
Posts 216
Oz
17 posted 2000-05-16 06:29 PM

I guess that I am Justin Thyme
to tell ol' Wobbly it's no crime
to post a zillion poems or five!
It shows that you did just arrive.
They have these silly rules, you know,
and when you break them, they just go
delete you fast right out this place!
It's just a warning, Justin Kace
you didn't read rules, instead
they just might moderate your head!
And then your Wobbly Head will say,
"What did I do so wrong today?"
It will fall off you on the floor
then you will have more in store..!

You see, this fact I can't refute...
It's how I landed in the 'stute!
I was a poet, just like you
I'd write some poems and post them, too
and then I wrote a word real small,
four letters like you write on walls...
well, anyway, it was quite weird,
they warned me, then the worse I feared
came true and Justin Thyme, I flipped
and personalities soon ripped
in two and four and maybe ten,
and guess what happened to me, then?

I got hauled off with men of white
who took me fast into the night
to some big sterile 'stute somewhere
and zapped my head! They didn't care
that I was wanting fast to leave!
They zapped me twice! Would you believe?

So if you think your Wobbly Head
is wobbly now! See mine, instead
and realize it could be worse.
They took my head and then my purse!
For every single zap they gave,
I promised that I would behave!
But then, my friend, they took my bread!
So, hold on to your Wobbly Head!

signed, Justin Thyme
recent 'stute escapee

[This message has been edited by Justin Thyme (edited 05-18-2000).]

WhtDove
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-22
Posts 9245
Illinois
18 posted 2000-05-16 11:38 PM

LOL well there ya go! You've just met some of the Justin's in the 'stute'  

Good sense of humor is always needed around here and a quick wit if ya mess with our Balladeer, or Long John, oh and we can't forget Toerag!

You'll love it here  

Severn
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-17
Posts 7704

19 posted 2000-05-17 06:16 AM

Ok Bob - now that you have been exposed to the severe level of insanity here...sure you want to stick around???

Actually - you'll love it here - it is impossible not to...

Wobbly Head Bob
since 2000-05-15
Posts 299
Virginia, USA
20 posted 2000-05-17 11:02 AM

Justin Possible to think of me
As someone you'd want to be
In your club of lunacy
I've got my own insanity

I'm not Justin Other oddity
Quite normal, in fact, you'll see
Nothing strange 'bout eating tea
Or enlightening convo' with my knee

Justin MyShorts I walk around
Once in a while I'll make a sound
And the world I'm sure I will astound
Whenever they open the padded walls I pound

Justin Credible
since 1999-10-09
Posts 10

21 posted 2000-05-18 06:20 PM

This is Justin Credible!
So, you're Justin MyShorts?
Hey, would you please get out of them?
I need them for the courts!

You see, my brother, Justin Sayne,
is Justin Carcerated.
And it would really pull his chain
if while in court, he waited...
for me, it's Justin Credible,
to show up for the trial
while I look through my drawers for shorts
and you wear them in style!!!

(Hey, wash 'em first, wouldja? Thanks)

Justine Uff
since 1999-10-17
Posts 27

22 posted 2000-05-18 07:08 PM

My Wobbly friend, it's Justine Uff
Of you two sharing shorts
I might suggest this for you both
Since you're so into sports

That Justin Credible should wear
Those boxers now instead
For Wobbly says that yesterday
He had them on his Head

But don't consider sharing them
Without lye soap and hose
Especially after Wobbly Bob -
Who had to blow his nose...

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » The new kid

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary