navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Does God have a sense of Humour?
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic Does God have a sense of Humour? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
brian madden
Member Elite
since 2000-05-06
Posts 4374
ireland

0 posted 2000-07-26 06:54 PM

Does God have a sense of Humour?

Just curious.
Anyone want to explain how they know he has a sense of humour and also If so then anyone have any jokes that would make God laugh?

MY reasons why God has a sense of Humour

1. He made us evolve from apes,

2. He invented the duck bill Platypus, Penguins and Goldfish (what is the point of a creature with a three second memory?)

3. He invented Lawyers and POliticians whose only use to to make everyone else give their money to them and recieve nothing in return.

4. Some of our outer body parts.

5. He invented chat show and game show hosts

6. He invented vanity, lust, gluttony, sloth, greed etc some of which are our strongest instincts and called them sins.

7. He allowed us invent Golf

8. He invented rude body noises

9. He invented an entire universe, and put us on one planet in a galaxy leaving the others abandoned.

10. We spend 9 months in a womb filled with water we are mostly water and yet we can not breathe under water.

11. we are born naked

12. He put a tree that no one should eat from in the garden of Eden and told Adam and Eve not to eat from it.

"A frog, it cannot comprehend the sea Nor me happiness" Paul Draper-Mansun

© Copyright 2000 brian madden - All Rights Reserved
Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
1 posted 2000-07-26 08:04 PM

SHE most certainly does!

I dispute #9 though..I believe we are NOT alone in the universe.

Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
2 posted 2000-07-26 09:02 PM

Only #9??? (ex: no scientists has ever claimed man was descended from the ape...)
Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
3 posted 2000-07-26 09:27 PM

Ok, Ok..goaded by the Guru, here are MY disputes...

1. He made us evolve from apes, She did no such thing. We came into being after She decided She wanted something to play with. She created man. He was boring so She created woman - and things promptly got livelier! Later, She allowed humans to create TV so we could share her pleasure. Unfortunately, humans created soap operas, game shows, and talk shows. She regrets we were allowed to create TV so She created the Internet to keep us away from TV. Then humans created WebCams so we could watch each other. She sighed. It's a vicious cycle!

2. He invented the duck bill Platypus, Penguins and Goldfish (what is the point of a creature with a three second memory?) She patterned that creature on man's memory after a one night stand.

3. He invented Lawyers and POliticians whose only use to to make everyone else give their money to them and recieve nothing in return.She invented lawyers to become politicans who in turn do wrong and have to hire lawyers who in turn become politicans who then do wrong...ad nausem..

4. Some of our outer body parts. She only invented THOSE for the humor factor. She laughs every time She sees one. (take Her cue ladies!)

5. He invented chat show and game show hosts (See #1)

6. He invented vanity, lust, gluttony, sloth, greed etc some of which are our strongest instincts and called them sins. She invented those based on Adam's performance in the Garden of Eden.

7. He allowed us invent Golf She invented it to make men sleep in front of the TV so the women could have some quiet time.

8. He invented rude body noises She didn't, Adam did.

9. He invented an entire universe, and put us on one planet in a galaxy leaving the others abandoned. She has a surprise for us all...only when we can handle it though...the future will reveal this secret.

10. We spend 9 months in a womb filled with water we are mostly water and yet we can not breathe under water.She has a sense of humor after all!

11. we are born naked She decided it was the one time in our lives we would look great without clothes!

12. He put a tree that no one should eat from in the garden of Eden and told Adam and Eve not to eat from it. She knew Eve would eat from it..that girl wanted to learn (it was the tree of Knowledge right?) Then Adam had to mess things up!

Marina
Member Elite
since 2000-02-10
Posts 2245
Pickering, Ontario
4 posted 2000-07-26 11:45 PM

He must have an incredible sense of humour because I am here for you people to put up with!!!!!!!    LOL

Marina

It is a blessing to have wings for words, and passion in pen
Marina Crossley

Jeffrey Carter
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-04-08
Posts 2367
State of constant confusion!
5 posted 2000-07-27 01:33 AM

Well, somebody's gotta say it so .......

Of course HE has a sense of humor. He put Christopher here didn't he?

The best and most beaytiful things in the world cannot be seen or touched...but are felt in the heart (Helen Keller)

Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
6 posted 2000-07-27 01:54 AM

And SHE gave us TOE !
Of course SHE has a sense of humor ! !

Many more beings in our universe than those
with the superiority complex known as - MAN !

HE births us naked cause we don't have
credit cards yet !

Darned old Adam anyway ...
always wants a bite !

*Thanks for the fun !
Listen to HER laughing ...
~*Marge*~

~*The pen of the poet never runs out of ink, as long as we breathe.*~
noles1@totcon.com

Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration
7 posted 2000-07-27 02:15 AM

IF God exists, then I can prove his/her sense of humor in two words:

Organized Religion

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
8 posted 2000-07-27 06:46 AM

... and Organized Religion, of course - has been developed by none other than...MAN...
Sudhir Iyer
Member Ascendant
since 2000-04-26
Posts 6943
Mumbai, India : now in Belgium
9 posted 2000-07-27 08:25 AM

Firstly no offence for the religious friends of mine, I have no intention of hurting any sentiments...

For my own selfish justification...

The "all pervading spirit" can be neither a he or a she for the spirit cannot be categorized into a mere He or a She...

but God as a form is perhaps Man's (the human species) creation just as Organized Religion is...

So we could go again on an eternal debate of if God exists as we think God does or
if God is made to be existing as we want God to be...  

In that case all the humour and the strife, the highs and the lows must then follow the same lines of debate.... shouldn't they?

Maybe someone created a sense of humour (is not possessed by some) and that someone could be anyone or maybe no one in particular...

maybe then reality is immaterial too... ohhh the confusion of it all...

coming back to one of the points -
of man descending from the Apes...
descending - does that mean going down... I mean Apes could and can still hang on trees with their tails while a man lost his tail somewhere... is that why we use descending, but then science says that we are more advanced than the apes...after all we have the internet, and poetry and non-gibberish language ( ??? now that is quite debatable in itself   )
so should we then have ascended from the apes???

well I am lost and hope you all are too...  

regards,
sudhir

WhtDove
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-22
Posts 9245
Illinois
10 posted 2000-07-27 10:48 AM

God does have a sense of humor! I'm sure He's laughing right now at all our thoughts and mishaps.

As for the Darwin theory. A monkey is still a monkey. A bird a bird. We didn't descend nor ascend from anything. We were created as we are!

LMAO @ Sharon! I love that #7!  So true!!

God didn't create vanity nor lust. Man did that in his sinful nature.
The tree of knowledge of Good and EVIL is non other than Satan himself. It's a figure of speech. As God is the tree of life! So no apple was eatin y'all!

Ps 2:4...God laughs! I agree on the platypus.
I'm sure He has a sense of humor.  
Man of course created diverse religions. I'm sure He gets a kick out of us in what we think is our 'infinite wisdom.'  

Severn
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-17
Posts 7704

11 posted 2000-07-27 12:28 PM

Go SUDDY!!!!

And you know, I have a LOT I could say about this, a LOT...but is 4.30am and God sure had a sense of humour when he invented insomnia...

K

Gossamerwings
since 2000-07-18
Posts 207

12 posted 2000-07-27 01:06 PM

Ooh, if you talk about religion and/or politics,sooner or later some very intelligent individual(s) will get angry so I don't go there.
Just want to make a small comment. APES do not have the sort of tails they could hang from trees with.
Monkey's do, not apes! You know how much apes weigh and how that would hurt? OUCH!!

Nuff said....ya'll have a sweet,sweet day.
God bless!

Gossamerwings ;)

Alicat
Member Elite
since 1999-05-23
Posts 4094
Coastal Texas
13 posted 2000-07-28 08:07 AM

I am positive God has a sense of humor.  The icon I chose looks like me before my morning ablutions and pot of coffee.  Usually, that first primal scream when I see my reflection is enough to fully wake me from ambulatory slumber.  Does God have a sense of humor?  I think I just gave my point.

Other aspects?  Porpoises; butterflies (or flutterbies); fields of flowers with bees; children; poetic justice; children again; large women with very tiny shoes and dogs; men who think bowler hats are suave; men who have never seen a cowpat but always wear loud shirts, boots, and Stetsons; and finally, the Seventies.  Nuff said on that one.

Alicat

Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
14 posted 2000-07-28 01:14 PM

...and based on the prevailing belief, MAN was created in God's image. Therefore, everything man could think of/develop/initiate/etc... must be something that God himself/herself/itself would have done as well. Hmm?
Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
15 posted 2000-07-28 01:15 PM

...and, as an afterthought... what about Catholic dogma?

"What you hold true on Earth, I hold true in Heaven."

Ethan Halo
since 2000-04-28
Posts 793
on the roof again
16 posted 2000-07-28 04:50 PM

We talk about God's sense of humor now, but back in the day he used to be angry and vengeful. you know, Grrr. well how come he was so pissed off at humanity then, you know, like killing the first born in egypt, raining fire and brimstone, shocking pagans with truth and lightning bolts, the whole thing at Jericho... but nowadays he's got a sense of humor? what happened you know. i mean he must have one helluva a shrink to do that kind of 180.
just a thought =)

Everyone's got their demons.
We all got somethin' to atone for.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Does God have a sense of Humour?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary