navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Where can I find a list of the member levels...
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic Where can I find a list of the member levels... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Parker
Member Elite
since 2000-01-06
Posts 3129
ON

0 posted 2000-11-27 04:06 PM

I know we have these member levels...
New Member (less than 10 posts)
Junior Member (less than 50 posts)
Member (less than 500 posts)
Senior Member (less than 2,000 posts)
Member Emeritus (2000 plus)

I just noticed these new levels are there any others and where do we find them named..
and at what post numbers do they kick in....

Member Elite
Member Ascendant
Member Rara Avis
Member Patricius
What do these level names mean anyway?

Maybe we could change the color of their names or something to identify them better. Sort of like the belts in Karate.

Parker

© Copyright 2000 James Haley - All Rights Reserved
Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
1 posted 2000-11-27 04:14 PM

Have you looked at Denise's posts lately Parker? I think you'll find one more level.
Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
2 posted 2000-11-27 04:59 PM

The UBB software, which is the foundation for our forums, is pretty popular across the Internet. A bit over a year ago, I visited a LOT of similar boards in the course of making a decision on which software we'd use. Later, when I was customizing the UBB code, I wanted a Level above standard Member and added the Senior Member level. In visiting all those other forums, you see, I had determined that getting 500 posts was a pretty major achievement, something I felt should be recognized and applauded. Very few of the boards I visited had Members with that many posts, and the few Members that had exceeded that number had been posting at the same boards for at least two or three years. Adding Emeritus was almost a joke, certainly an after-thought. I never thought for a moment that any one would ever get 2,000 posts - at least within the first few years of our existence.

Little did I know.

The new Elite level replaces the old Emeritus level, which was at best a misnomer (we don't allow anyone to retire around here). The other new levels were added just for fun, just because we really do have some VERY enthusiastic and dedicated Members deserving of some small recognition. All of the levels, except Patricius, can be found in any good dictionary. Patricius is Latin, of course, and most closely translates to "patrician," which again can be found in any good dictionary. Here, for example, is a good on-line dictionary that (I believe) lists all of the new levels: http://www.dictionary.com/

And, yes, as Sharon indicated, there is at least one level more than those you've listed, which Denise discovered when she broke the 14,000-posts mark. Is it possible there are others that have yet to be reached? You know, I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised.  

Parker
Member Elite
since 2000-01-06
Posts 3129
ON
3 posted 2000-11-27 05:58 PM

Member Laureate .... very cool.  

Over 14,000 for Denise.... it boggles the mind.  

Parker

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
4 posted 2000-11-27 08:45 PM

I love these new levels. I know for a fact i'll be reaching above 4,000 by the end of '01..............*evil laugh*

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I hate your socks. I'd like to burn them!

Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
5 posted 2000-11-28 12:43 PM

I was wondering about this myself. Cause I thought 2000 and over was named something else then what it had by my name. But I think I just might be going crazy. Thanks for asking now I dont have to wonder anymore.

People leave our lives as quickly as they come, but the ones that mean something leave footprints in our hearts.

SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
6 posted 2000-11-28 03:25 PM

Hey Handsome, I like the idea of different colors.....that would be nice, kinda like rank....... - SEA
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Where can I find a list of the member levels...

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary