navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Ideas - please?
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic Ideas - please? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
RainbowGirl
Member Elite
since 1999-07-31
Posts 3023
United Kingdom

0 posted 2000-11-08 04:55 PM

I'm sure a few of you have been where I am now so I'd like to draw on your ideas; experience, pro's and con's, or just something you would like to do but can't because of x,y or z...

I'm free as a bird, good technology background but I need to find a route, a goal andI don't have one well I do but it's not possible so I have to rethink my agenda but I'm totally absent of motivation...there's a whole world out there and I'm sure a tiny part of it could face up to having me in it, but where and to do what?

What would you do if you could go anywhere, no ties (apart from Snoops) and you were 43?

All thoughts will be considered, I'm truly in need of inspiration here, so feed them to me!  But please, no, I don't want to change my hair, go on a diet or find a man...YUK!!! well, ok, perusade me on the latter...*g*

Ooops, one small consideration, I can't fly for 3 weeks...

HUGS and thanks

© Copyright 2000 Cindy Jones - All Rights Reserved
Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
1 posted 2000-11-08 06:36 PM

Do you like the fast pace of city life or the slower pace of life in the country?

Would you consider relocating to the states?

I think you can do anything!!! You have the personality to make a go of it where ever you are..but YOU have to give us some guidelines...

RainbowGirl
Member Elite
since 1999-07-31
Posts 3023
United Kingdom
2 posted 2000-11-08 07:06 PM

Sharon: I would go anywhere and I mean that...I'd do anything and I mean that too, I just need to give my life some meaning, a goal to strive for, a reachable goal though, not some fantasy dream but one that is obtainable...only trouble is, money doesn't mean very much other than to pay bills so I want that hard to strive for feeling of having 'made a difference'

If you want what I would love, truly love to do...well, I'd love to teach children about computers, or maybe adults with learning difficulties or maybe show women going back to work that technology is not something to be afraid of anymore, I'd like to show all generations that taking a pc apart is much like cooking, simply following guidelines and using common sense, I'd like to laugh when doing so but answer questions seriously too, I'd like to make the most of me in some small way and feel like I had something to offer....maybe some charity work, build an environement or help to build one somewhere, build an orphanage (now that would be my love)...something, somewhere, be needed....not just work to pay bills, go to sleep and wake up to do the same....

I have a golden chance here to do something different, no ties, but I do have dreams and I do have needs but I have no goals as such...

For once, I have no one relying on me and that takes away a need, so I need to look and find a need that I want to fulfil and that need is to make a difference, to laugh, to share...simply that, I want to make a difference but I don't know how...my life has been about making people happy, but I don't have anyone to make happy, so where do I start?

I feel so goddamned useless!

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
3 posted 2000-11-08 07:36 PM

Have you considered working parttime and becoming a foster parent? There are millions of kids who need someone with your loving heart to care for them. Find a school that will take you as a consultant and work with young kids in a computer lab...I assure you there is a need!!!

There are many schools for homeless kids around the world that could use your smile and warmth and knowledge...

Take these next few weeks and really try to connect with someone..is there someone here in the states that you could 'anchor' yourself to for a bit (Ruth?). See if there is something in that location..if not, keep looking..but take some time looking. I think the right thing will jump out at you!!!

This is truly exciting!!! Not many people get to do what you are going to do..enjoy the planning and anticipation..then you will LOVE everything you do..

Remember - tomorrow is the first day of the rest of your life!

RainbowGirl
Member Elite
since 1999-07-31
Posts 3023
United Kingdom
4 posted 2000-11-08 07:56 PM

Thanks again Sharon..

Tried that, have wanted and been on a program for fostering but here in the UK red tape is almost impossible...much like the states....Long time back I set up a fund for buying an orphanage but it's slow going and needs thousands of pounds....but I still have dreanms of doing so....a kiss for every child, a story read to each, a mum to kiss the dreams awake and hold you till you wake...such tender love.....

But the point is and heaven help me....I want to love and give and to do so freely....but I'm all out of people that want the same....children are always different, always need hugs and always need us, mums and dads but you can only do much....I want to make some damn differnce, make dome children a mum or a dad, someone to rely on, not just for now but for ever, you know, that word, that way of saying....I care and I don't or will never take it back....

I hate us humans, we say we care then we leave....what the hell is the point of caring if we can't care enough to stay........

Sorry...I just don't understand!

WhtDove
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-22
Posts 9245
Illinois
5 posted 2000-11-08 08:10 PM

Cindy I swear your heart is made of pure gold! You know I've wanted to do that too, open a place where people who were down on their luck could come and get a warm meal. But it all takes money, none of which I have.

You know out here they have a thing where you can be a Big Sister or Big Brother to a child, who needs that help and attention.
That would certainly make a difference.
You spend time with them, take them places, teach them.

I truly hope you find something Cindy that will help your heart be content, and happy. You're a wonderful person!! HUGz

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
6 posted 2000-11-08 10:59 PM

Any reason why you don't take the proper classes and become a counselor? Look at all of the listening you do here, and the words you share with those who ask...I think you might be tailor made for that very sort of lifestyle, and what a challenge, to help folks get their lives together...

well?

Karilea
If I whisper, will you listen?...
I would rather be silent and write, then speak loudly and be bound.
KRJ

Severn
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-17
Posts 7704

7 posted 2000-11-09 05:20 AM

Cindy...I agree with everyone who has spoken so far...your warmth will open many doors for you. But further to that...your recognition of the preciousness of life, and your drive to be actively involved will open more.

Have you thought about counselling, like Kari says? Or maybe a teaching degree, with a focus on technology? That way you could teach children, adults - whatever you felt was 'right' for you at the time?

That can seem daunting...I am in the middle of my first degree - to become a counsellor I have to do another one...but sometimes to reach the end we have to wait...not something an impatient gal like myself does well!

But, in the end the rewards are worth it...

Hey - I have a plan...come out to NZ! Our currency is so appalling that for every 100 pounds you will get 360 NZ dollars...and no - it is no longer all relative...you'd be set!

Hehe...come lie on our fabulous beaches, educate over here...teach me how to use my PC properly lol...

Seriously, I admire you for your want to make a difference. I know the right path will reveal itself, in time, Cindy.

Do you ever get the feeling that you want to do SO much - so many many things, that one path is just not enough?

Sigh...that's a hard one no?

K

The wind shifts like this:
Like a human without illusions...
This is how the wind shifts:
Like a human, heavy and heavy,
Who does not care.

W.S

suthern
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
8 posted 2000-11-09 12:04 PM

I have an extra bedroom and a hug just waiting for you! *S* And if you can teach this computer illiterate coward to do more than log on, you can do anything! LOL (But better wait till you can fly... it's a helluva swim over here. *G*)

[This message has been edited by suthern (edited 11-09-2000).]

Munda
Member Elite
since 1999-10-08
Posts 3544
The Hague, The Netherlands
9 posted 2000-11-09 03:48 PM

Somehow I can just picture you in a children's hospital. Who else shines like a rainbow, hugs like a Mom and cares like you ? If I were a kid and my folks couldn't be around all the time, I couldn't think of a kinder, more loving and supporting person than you. Some one who cares and perhaps even more important, understands...
How to fit in your computer skills ? LOL you figure it out. Make it a new therapy !  
Hope you'll find what you're looking for. (((((HUGS)))))

RainbowGirl
Member Elite
since 1999-07-31
Posts 3023
United Kingdom
10 posted 2000-11-10 10:14 AM

Dovey: Wish it was cause then I could sell it *g*  thanks.. ...I love the idea of big brother or sister, we did start soemthing similar here for grandparents but I haven't heard of a scheme like the one you mention...maybe I should start one..

Sunshine: I do the occasional samaritan work and still go to my local children's home although not so often now...we were all becoming too attached and that's not a good thing when they're trying to bond with other folks on a more permanent basis....I would like the idea of becoming a professional one but I think I get too involved and that's soemthing you shouldn't do, gets me into trouble all the time... I remember on the training course for the smaaritans, they put you in all sorts of situations to see how you will deal with them and I came through with flying colours because it wasn't real but then I remember also talking to some grubby horrible man who knew I had to keep confidentiality and he was talking about his love of small children....I'm afraid I let rip!

So maybe in some other way I could do something...

Severn: Yes, I've always loved the idea of mixing technology with children and was going to do an NVQ3 on it (a sort of voluntary teaching qualification) but something else came up, life's like that, hey..   But I might explore it again....I keep getting the feeling I want to start over again though, somewhere new, forget the past...if you know what I mean?

Suthern: Thanks sweetheart and yep, it's an awfully long swim..*g*...twould be nice though and very enjoyable.. Thanks MotherHen..

Munda: Bless you...

Thanks all, I did try to answer this a few times last night but IE kept closing down on me but so far it's kept open...

Thanks, I shed a few tears when reading this but also a lot of smiles...thanks for helping me out I do appreciate it so much..

Big HUSG

Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration
11 posted 2000-11-10 08:14 PM

Hey Cindy! I've got it! You can model for Playboy! Just talk to my pal Hugh!  

HUSG

WhtDove
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-22
Posts 9245
Illinois
12 posted 2000-11-10 09:02 PM

LOL Cindy. That would be a good idea to try and start one out. I'll see what info I can find for you!  

Here ya go Cindy, here's their official site.
http://www.bbbsa.org/

[This message has been edited by WhtDove (edited 11-10-2000).]

RainbowGirl
Member Elite
since 1999-07-31
Posts 3023
United Kingdom
13 posted 2000-11-10 09:14 PM

Chris: Only if I can play with one...LOL

HUSG

Dovey: Thanks, I'm off to bed but I'll check it out tomorrow..

sweetdreams and HUSG

Toerag
Member Ascendant
since 1999-07-29
Posts 5622
Ala bam a
14 posted 2000-11-23 01:41 PM

Ya need a Toerag in your thighs....ummm..I mean life...don't ya think Brit?...After all, where else can ya get, love, sex, understanding, honesty, humor, and a very good looking humble guy all at the same time?
White Wolf
since 1999-09-18
Posts 371
Somewhere in the vast wasteland
15 posted 2000-11-24 06:12 AM

I have an idea.  It stems for personal experiece.  Growing up for me was tough.  I did it alone for most of my life.  I had a father who was obsessed with providing an imcome to make his children's lives easier, the thought of which is good but in reality he neglected his resposibility to spend quality time with us.  I have a mother who cannot or will not show her emotions and so I never really felt loved by her.  I know she does but it is hard when you don't see it.  I know this story is not unique but that is the problem.  It is too common of a problem nowdays.  But the experience I am talking about comes my senior year in high school.  I had an english teacher that started changes in my life.  She taught english literature.  Poetry, Shakespear and various other writers and writings.  She had such a passion for it that it caused me to take an interest in poetry, especially the works of John Milton.  I personally feel that poetry is important to younger folk like me.  It is a way to put our feelings down on paper, to get them out instead of bottling them up.  Lord knows I have done my share of bottling.  I guess what I am trying to say is that I think that children should be taught or instructed about poetry.  I would like to see it become apart of the counseling process.  When I need to communicate with my dad I have ofter written poetry first to get it down on paper then I can either tell him and if I can't then I give him the piece.  It has helped me work through numerous feelings that one counselor has told me, should have killed me.  I don't know if this makes any since but I do know that you have a passion for poetry and a soft spot in your heart for children.  I have no idea how this could work but I feel that is something that will make a profound difference in the lives of children.

The White Wolf

RainbowGirl
Member Elite
since 1999-07-31
Posts 3023
United Kingdom
16 posted 2000-11-28 11:23 PM

Wolf: "I personally feel that poetry is important to younger folk like me.  It is a way to put our feelings down on paper, to get them out instead of bottling them up.  Lord knows I have done my share of bottling.  I guess what I am trying to say is that I think that children should be taught or instructed about poetry. "

What we need sweetheart is a way to openly communicate...not just via poetry although that is a superb way to start because we can do it in a secondary self way...I can't think of the words I need bt what I mean is that we can speak aloud words and use "this is what so and so says"...can't think of the phrase I mean though....someone will know what I mean or you will....  

I'm a believer in honest communication but with diplomacy and tact...that way you can talk about the differences; how you really feel etc ....so often these days young men feel that it is shameful or embarrassing to think or talk in a loving way...it isn't...it helps to sort out the route of the problem....

Now if your mum or dad could see what you said, I wonder how they would react?  I know how I do and am...

I have no idea how old you are but I can say that you have the right attitude...talking or communication may bring arguments but it is also the only way I truly know of sharing that belies any other method...it gets to the heart of the matter and the closeness or distance goes from there...much depends on all involved in resolving the situation...

Been away and come back long winded as ever..  

Edit:

PS...most father's have this insane belief that their duty is to provide a roof over our heads and mum's provide the love and they the authority...not so...parenting should be equal and love for their children should be unequalled (sp)..it's late..LOL

Most children I know, some now adults, some well into maturity but all that led lives like yours became the most loving of parents so in a way your parents taught you something you could never have learned otherwise...they taught you the meaning of love and support and what it is to give that and to go without....

Every days holds new lessons, some tough, some fun but all are a step to our future or the future we want to offer to others..

Thanks for your kind words...I appreciate them..

[This message has been edited by RainbowGirl (edited 11-28-2000).]

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Ideas - please?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary