navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » H1N1 shot - anyone here have a bad reaction?
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic H1N1 shot - anyone here have a bad reaction? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada

0 posted 2009-11-25 03:10 PM

Hi all,

I had a shot for the "regular flu," "Swine Flu," and "Pneumonia" on Monday.  That night I awoke to searing pain running down the arm and side she put the swine flu shot in.  Today is Wednesday, I am still in pjs, not hungry, every joint aching, hurting on that one side, and now I have a cough!  I was healthy as a horse on Monday before going in, and so I called the doctor.  She said, "Sometimes this happens!"  

Anyone else get similar symptoms?  Especially the pain - can't even lift up my arm over my head.

This is my pity party - please feel free to join in.

© Copyright 2009 Mysteria 1997 - All Rights Reserved
nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
1 posted 2009-11-25 04:53 PM

I only got the regular flu shot a month ago when it first was available. The swine flu shot is still not available for everyone here..still just the  young, pregnant and those with poor health.

I don't intend to get the swine flu shot.  I don't think I would have ever gotten all 3 at one time anyway. Maybe that was too much for your body to take.

I will say though that I have  caught something that has  produced  an excess of phlegm in my  sinus' thus making me cough  it up and choke on it since then. But it isn't an infection or virus, just  the change in weather and irritants I guess.

I think I would rather have the flu than this, which keeps me awake at night swallowing and choking for over a week now.

Hope you feel better soon.

M

SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
2 posted 2009-11-25 04:59 PM

I heard that a lot of people were having bad reactions to it. One of my girls(in the Air Force) told me to not get that shot for those reasons. I get a flu shot every year, and I will just stick to that.
Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
3 posted 2009-11-25 05:58 PM

Maureen, I hate to give advice on here, but my son had that, and if he went into the smaller bathroom, shut the door,ran the shower to create steam really thick, then breathed it in, it helped.  You can get some Eucalyptus oil, heat it on the stove with water, and hang your head with a towel over it, and breathe in the vapour.

My best advise to anyone with sinus problems (as I have wicked sessions) is get a neti pot and use it every day.  It sure saves me from all the doom and gloom.  Let me know how you feel if you try it.
Here is what it is, and how you use it: Neti Pot Here is also a demonstation so people know how it works:Neti Pot Demo

Mysteria
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
4 posted 2009-11-25 06:04 PM

Sea, I darn near died last January, as I got pneumonia, Norwalk from clams, and a parasite from who knows where, in the hospital, and all at the same time.  I was in isolation for over a week.  However, when I found out they put me on the floor with seniors, that was enough to get me better.     

My doctor, (a woman) says the side effects are worth it as they only last a few days.  This swine flu can not only make you deathly sick, it can kill you.  I was at high risk because of the bout I had this year, but the shot is available now to all children, pregnant women, people over 65, and high risk... then next week to everyone who wants it.  

I love our medical system here, and if anyone complains about it, they are crazy!  I just can't get why you folks don't want health reform - when you need it - it will be there to help you.  I know so many people in the States that literally lost their homes over an illness, and that should not be a story to hear in 2009.  

Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
5 posted 2009-11-25 06:56 PM

Hi Sharon...I got the seasonal flu shot in october but am not able to get the H1N1 even though I work with young kids in a daycare. I'm too old..LOL My husband was able to get both at the same time, and was/is fine.  I hope you feel better soon!
Mysteria
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
6 posted 2009-11-25 07:03 PM

Wow Martie, if you work with children here, you are at the front of the line with the medical field.  Glad you are okay, and lady, you are never going to be too old!
Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
7 posted 2009-12-01 05:32 PM

Even though I'm not in any "Recommended" group to get the flu shot anyway, I always personally refuse to get the flu shot, especially the H1N1 one because of an opinion I have that this strain has been overhyped and is more a marketing gambit for the pharmaceutical companies than an advocating of public safety and health.

I'll just keep drinking tea, eat well and go with natural medicine to keep ship-shape!

XOXO,
Lisping Hibiscus

"If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other"

Mother Teresa

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » H1N1 shot - anyone here have a bad reaction?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary