navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Serenity, you are Balanced-brained
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic Serenity, you are Balanced-brained Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

0 posted 2007-04-19 02:41 PM

According to one of the many "tickle" tests, offered at www.tickle.com that is--

"That means you are able to draw on the strengths of both the right and left hemispheres of your brain, depending upon a given situation.

When you need to explain a complicated process to someone, or plan a detailed vacation, the left hemisphere of your brain, which is responsible for your ability to solve problems logically, might kick in. But if you were critiquing an art opening or coming up with an original way to file papers, the right side of your brain, which is responsible for noticing subtle details in things, might take over.

While many people have clearly dominant left- or right-brained tendencies, you are able to draw on skills from both hemispheres of your brain. This rare combination makes you a very creative and flexible thinker.

The down side to being balanced-brained is that you may sometimes feel paralyzed by indecision when the two hemispheres of your brain are competing to solve a problem in their own unique ways."

Ha. Now if I can just get the rest of my body to believe it!

And I added the link, but warning: I think you have to take a bunch of annoying surveys. I'm supposed to receive a free sample of Tide laundry detergent though.

Serenity's balanced brain is bored.

© Copyright 2007 serenity blaze - All Rights Reserved
Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
1 posted 2007-04-19 03:40 PM

Doesn't that create the ability to argue with yourself and answer your own questions?

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane,
I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

2 posted 2007-04-19 03:45 PM

Well, it does.

And it doesn't.

It doesn't.

But it might.

Brian James
since 2005-06-26
Posts 147
Winnipeg
3 posted 2007-04-19 05:40 PM

Whatever happened to that "first line generator" you found in days gone by?  Then you could whip us up some poetry instead of learning about your brain.

"To me, the thing that art does for life is to clean it, to strip it to form."
~Robert Frost

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

4 posted 2007-04-19 05:49 PM

I'm sorry my boredom bores you Brian. I was just remembering the days when we used to have some silly fun around here.

*shrug*

Brian James
since 2005-06-26
Posts 147
Winnipeg
5 posted 2007-04-19 05:57 PM

Oh god, Serenity, I didn't mean to come off as rude.  I'm really sorry, I was just joshing.  
serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

6 posted 2007-04-19 06:17 PM

It's okay. Y'ever have one of those days where your mood does a total about-face?

Now there's something to talk about...how can I get out of this bad habit of mine of allowing someone else's mood to change mine so drastically? (And I'm not referring to yours--My toxic mood dispenser just left from here. Heh? )

Seriously though, I need some coping skills on that. So any advice you have is welcome.

And OH---I see you are a teaching assistant too--is that new?

Tell me what you've been up to.

I just get bored and lonely sweetie.

Brian James
since 2005-06-26
Posts 147
Winnipeg
7 posted 2007-04-19 06:24 PM

Serenity, I should know by now that I come off as a jerk on the internet, because you can't see me smiling.  So here:  

I was going to say "awfully touchy for someone so balance-brained!" but discretion is the better part of internet chat I suppose.  

"Teacher Assistant" is like a year old or something?  Heh, it has something to do with Poetry Workshop which, if I remember right, is an ancient civilization that apparently sunk underwater hundreds of years ago.

How's your poetry been lately?  Can I read something new from you?

"To me, the thing that art does for life is to clean it, to strip it to form."
~Robert Frost

Drauntz
Member Elite
since 2007-03-16
Posts 2905
Los Angeles California
8 posted 2007-04-19 06:30 PM

you are too kind to let other's mood to control your mood.... because you care.
then how to not care?
by think entertaining  other people's selfishness is culturing a  amonster.

Child "mommy, what is big and red?"
Mommy " an apple."
Child "no. An ambulance."

have laugh and be happy.

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

9 posted 2007-04-19 06:33 PM

I think the "balance" part was regarding analytical thinking. I'm still an emotional yo-yo. The only difference now is that I am aware of it.  

The last thing I posted? That was to someone else's poem. I've just been reading a lot.

And nodding, I am touchy right now. Is there such a thing as a One Hour Post Traumatic Stress after an argument?

How many poets does it take to change serenity?

I think I just put the writing down awhile--I felt like my priorities were all screwed up. Instead of trying to be a better writer, I'm trying to be a better Karen.

And if that means I have to shaddup occasionally, then I just shaddup.

Occasionally.  

And Drauntz? Nod. Thank you. Hugs to you too.

Drauntz
Member Elite
since 2007-03-16
Posts 2905
Los Angeles California
10 posted 2007-04-19 06:44 PM

How many poets does it take to change serenity?

one. delete all consonants and call loudly.

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

11 posted 2007-04-19 06:51 PM

"Eeiy!"

*laughing*

Oh lordy.

That's very close to my comanche war cry!

*laughing*

sheesh.

Drauntz
Member Elite
since 2007-03-16
Posts 2905
Los Angeles California
12 posted 2007-04-19 06:57 PM

did you call loudly? louder and louder.

I am laughing too.

have a very nice day and try to be happy!!!!!!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Serenity, you are Balanced-brained

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary