navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Great Success!
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic Great Success! Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
hush
since 2001-05-27
Posts 1653
Ohio, USA

0 posted 2006-11-27 08:57 AM

I'm suprised nobody else is talking about Borat yet? Has anyone else seen it? Any thoughts?

© Copyright 2006 hush - All Rights Reserved
Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration
1 posted 2006-11-27 10:37 PM

I haven't. I'm mildly curious. Just mildly. Something I may see if there's nothing else in the Netflix queue.
Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
2 posted 2006-11-28 01:30 AM

Hush you have to see all the cut scenes, some of them are just hilarious!  I have seen this 4 times now and laugh more every time.  I think in Canada though that makes me sick http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Om7SkkN2T7c&eurl=
hush
since 2001-05-27
Posts 1653
Ohio, USA
3 posted 2006-11-28 09:24 AM

LOL... I enjoyed the prison clip best of all... men pyramids, LOL!

Only mildly, Chris? You seriously don't know what you're missing. I was laughing so hard I *almost* missed out on how important it is, too. It's something that' so wildly and unapologetically offensive and obnoxious, you almost don't notice how subversive it is at the same time... it speaks volumes about our culture, how we see foreigners, and hor foreigners see us.

Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration
4 posted 2006-11-28 11:22 AM

I hear you. I don't know... I'm just so blase about offensive material anymore that I just don't know as how it will have an impact. It seems there is no shortage of those who would intentionally try to be offensive in the interest of "education."

We'll see. We'll see. I'm much more interested these days in sci-fi/fantasy, action/adventure flicks. I'll read books for my education and listen to the news to be depressed.

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
5 posted 2006-11-28 04:44 PM

Hush, didn't you just love when he let that chicken loose in the bus?  I laughed so hard.  He was in Vancouver, and all ethnic groups were there to meet him, and applauding the film.  I think it was brilliant, and obviously so did they!

We had a wonder film festival this year, and I have to tell you that "Death of A President" was also an excellent film, and not at all what people assumed it would be.  I think a lot was in the timing of it that created all the hub-bub!

You may enjoy his "space" http://www.myspace.com/borat

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Great Success!

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary