navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Need help finding a published poem...
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic Need help finding a published poem... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Cobra_spawn
since 2006-10-30
Posts 2

0 posted 2006-10-31 12:29 PM

Hey! I'm new here, so I hope that this isn't in the wrong area. I'm looking for a poem for my debate class, and I can't for the life of me remember the title, or even fragments of the poem itself. Does anyone recognize a poem about-

-A spanish speaking mother sending her children off to an American school so they can learn English
-talks about when her children return, how she feels stupid, because she can't understand them
-Worries that if they're calling for help, she won't be able to understand their words
-How she tries to understand their jokes, but she finds she can't communicate with them

Ring any bells for anyone? If you know a place that can be of help with such info, I'd love to hear from you! Thanks to all in advance!
-Luna

© Copyright 2006 Cobra_spawn - All Rights Reserved
bekahlekah45
since 2006-03-14
Posts 533

1 posted 2006-11-01 07:23 AM

if you could remember any line from it, i could google it and see what it came up with.  
I tried with those but it came up with stuff about kida learning spanish early because its a good thing to do. lol so if its a bit more specific i could probably get you some help with it. : )

Cobra_spawn
since 2006-10-30
Posts 2

2 posted 2006-11-01 11:10 PM

Thanks alot for your help. :-) I've been wearing that Google as well as poor old Jeeves down to a thin line, and still nothing. You wouldn't have happened to have heard anything about a traveling group of people who dramatize poems, would you have? They did "The Highwayman" and one about baseball and stuff. Some Edgar A. Poe (sp?) as well. I'm so lost! Well, thanks again for your help and comment!
_l

PhaerieChild
since 1999-08-30
Posts 1787
Aloha, Oregon
3 posted 2006-11-02 12:20 PM

This is just a thought but the Library of Congress has a poetry section and there is a link called "Ask a Librarian". They might be able to help locate the poem or at the very least point you in the direction of resources to find it. Just google Library of Poetry and there is a site for the Library of Congress.
I hope this was helpful to you.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Need help finding a published poem...

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary