navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Kingda Ka (Unreal Roller coaster in Jackson, NJ)
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic Kingda Ka (Unreal Roller coaster in Jackson, NJ) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada

0 posted 2005-06-06 11:44 PM

Has anyone been on this ride or planning to go on it?  I envy you for sure!  Here is the link with a virtual ride to experience it.  Now that is one heck of a roller coaster!
http://www.sixflags.com/parks/greatadventure/index.asp

If anyone tries this, would love to know if you can see Manhatten from the Summit   (if your eyes were even open?) LOL

© Copyright 2005 Mysteria 1997 - All Rights Reserved
timothysangel1973
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
since 2001-12-03
Posts 1725
Never close enough
1 posted 2005-06-07 12:02 PM

OMG... watching it being made skeered me....

Aint no way... haha

Great to watch others doing it tho

Tima

Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
2 posted 2005-06-07 12:48 PM

I can't seem to get the video to come up,
but I'd go on it with you without a second thought Sharon ... let's go! lol.

Cloud 9
since 2004-11-05
Posts 980
Ca
3 posted 2005-06-07 03:26 PM

OMGOOOODNESSS!! ***green face*****Nope not a coaster rider at all. But my son is so when they build it here in Calif, I will let you know how HE likes it. lol lol
Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
4 posted 2005-06-07 04:02 PM

Kit, push the CLICK HERE it works!  Since posting this Kit informed me of a thrill-seekers paradise close to her home.  So...she and I will go there and let you know how we rate the place, and ask me if I am excited.  Here is where we are going to leave our mark!
http://www.canadas-wonderland.com/index.cfm

Hey a little tourism doens't hurt for Canada too right?

~* Carpe' Diem *~

LoveBug
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-01-08
Posts 4697

5 posted 2005-06-07 10:53 PM

Aw pff... it looks fun but where's the rest of it? Is it just that one hill? thats a jip! :P I LOVEEEE coasters.. the faster, the scarier, the longer, the more twists and hills and loops, the better! My goal is to throw up/piss myself from fear. Never done it yet! I've ridden every coaster at Kings Island and Cedar point, including the millinum force, which was the highest coaster in the world at the time. Fun stuff!!!

Love's a lovely lad
His bringing up is beauty
Who loves him not is mad
For I must pay him duty
-Anonymous

Aenimal
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-11-18
Posts 7350
the ass-end of space
6 posted 2005-06-10 02:56 AM

canada's wonderland doesn't have a monster coaster like that, however it does have a collection of great coasters. you must try top gun(unless you can tie them insanely tight, leave your shoes with someone), the bat(backwards coaster..strange fun), the minebuster is an old wooden coaster but still fun(look for the tunnel where you swear, you're going to hit your head) and the skyrider(i think thats it, its a standing coaster, males..beware the bike seat). go early in the day and try them all, that's what i used to do.
littlewing
Member Rara Avis
since 2003-03-02
Posts 9655
New York
7 posted 2005-06-10 03:28 AM

I LOVE Canada's Wonderland too, I am an amusement park freak and have a mission to make it to all of the U.S ones eventually, have been to a lot of them so far . . . you have to go to Six Flags Sharon, there is one here in Darien Center - not far at all . . .  yes, the Bat was the strangest ride I have ever been on, left that one feeling weird. Defies gravity or something, you just have to go on it to know.
latearrival
Member Ascendant
since 2003-03-21
Posts 5499
Florida
8 posted 2005-06-10 03:43 AM

Can't wait to hear all about it! love rollar coasters. martyjo
Mysteria
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
9 posted 2005-06-10 01:57 PM

Raph - I shall remember that about my shoes!  I am a collector of shoes trust me (over 200 pair easy) and I would cry loosing even one!

Whooo Hoooo!  I can NOT wait!

I think my son has been to every major park there is, and I am catching up to him.  My son and I did all the rides in California a couple of years ago, and the new rollercoaster at Disneyland turned two adults into animals!  Todd and I were sneaking back in the line like kids, and we didn't care either!  Loved this ride at Knotts Berry Farm!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Hey anyone want to meet us there?  Why not c'mon down!  Let's Pipp party.  If anyone around Niagara Falls area from June 30th to July 3rd?  Send us an email - we'd love to meet ya.  I am the night owl in the crew I could keep you entertained I am sure somehow  

Aenimal
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-11-18
Posts 7350
the ass-end of space
10 posted 2005-06-11 12:52 PM

you'll have alot of fun especially if you hit the park early, otherwise the lines are killer. i forget just which coaster it is, but it captures your pic on the way down. the expressions are priceless and if ye an kit are brave enough, i'd l#ve to see that posted here lol
Mysteria
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
11 posted 2005-06-11 01:09 AM

I usually take my own pics on the rollercoaster but for you ~ your wish is our command.  I think the plan is to spend a good full day, and a partial day there, and stay in a hotel nearby so we have time to wait in lines.  Heck she can teach me how to write poetry while we wait, (sure like that could happen)   The master planner, (Kit) is working on the mechanics of this adventure and I can't wait! Whooo Hooo!
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Kingda Ka (Unreal Roller coaster in Jackson, NJ)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary