navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Has anyone seen the movie 'Monster'?
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic Has anyone seen the movie 'Monster'? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Obscurity
since 2003-12-04
Posts 153
In A Melancholic Dream

0 posted 2004-02-13 04:40 PM

I just got back from seeing this movie, and I must say this is one of the most saddest movies I've ever seen in my life. It's not dark, bleak, depressing or melancholic, it's just sad in the most soul ripping expression as one individual can use it.

I'm not gonna try to spoil the movie for anyone, but bare with me. I didn't see the sadness till almost the very end with the Prison Phone conversation, and I must say... my heart broke. I got so sad, that I almost threw up in the movie theatre, I got extremely sick at the... at the sadness of the movie/story. When I was walking home, tears started dripping from my eyes, fading back to that last few scenes. I know Im using sadness here alot, but I can't think of a word other then sad to represent this movie/story...

I'm gonna open up here abit, on my real life. Charlize Theron, plays what my mothers wife is very very similar to, ironically they've had a very similar life as well. Even in the movie, the ettiquete and disposistion is so similar, it's very startling. I'm still in awe, of the rather truth of this movie having been out on the 'streets' for sometime, then allowing myself to be brought in (different story), but there is a truth to the movie/story, and I think they portrayed it very realisticly.

So... Did anyone else see it?

© Copyright 2004 Brett Gailey - All Rights Reserved
skyshine
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2002-02-07
Posts 3058
Beneath the northern stars
1 posted 2004-02-14 12:00 PM

I haven't seen it yet, but I do want to. Thanks for your thoughts on it.

~sky

Hold on, if you feel like letting go
Hold on, it gets better than you know....
~Good Charlotte

Dark Angel
Member Patricius
since 1999-08-04
Posts 10095

2 posted 2004-11-22 04:53 AM

Yes I have seen it, and yes it was very sad, if only she had met the last man in the beginning, her life might've turned out different.

into this night i wonder, it's morning that i dread, another day of knowing of, the path i fear to tread.
~Sarah McLachlan~

[This message has been edited by Dark Angel (11-23-2004 08:58 PM).]

Shelley
since 2000-01-27
Posts 263
Ohio, USA
3 posted 2004-11-22 03:28 PM

I must be out of the loop... never heard of it but I will find out about it now.

thanks
~Shelley

Cloud 9
since 2004-11-05
Posts 980
Ca
4 posted 2004-11-23 11:32 AM

Amazing movie.....
Cherize Theron (? not sure if I spelt her name correctly) plays her SO well. As beautiful as she is, I couldn't believe it was her. My husband thinks Cherize is beautiful and he was floored when I told him that was her.

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

5 posted 2004-11-23 06:52 PM

I also recommend the HBO special, "Life of a serial killer" (I think that's the title) but it shows a bit more insight into Aileen Wournos.

Truly sad...

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Has anyone seen the movie 'Monster'?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary