navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Hey everyone..
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic Hey everyone.. Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Halcyon
since 2003-04-10
Posts 43
Arizona, USA

0 posted 2003-04-10 06:42 AM

I just want to give a little greeting to before I start with my posts (if I ever do get to be an active member of this place ).  How did I end up here?  Let's see.. I came across this site while trying to find suggestions on how to improve my writing style for both schoolwork and "personal use," and maybe even to submit something.  So then I ran into Netpoets and the pipTalk Forum, saw the well-established community going on here, and decided I might as well join in.

One may describe me as the excessively shy person in the room who seems to know much more than he reveals.  Is that truly me though?  Probably.  When you get to know me, or vice-versa, I tend to open up, slowly, but eventually it would get there.  Strange as it may seem, I'd rather present my ideas through writing, rather than oral speech.  Otherwise, I'm your typical teen making his way through high school.  

My hobbies are: music: listening (almost any kind), and playing the piano and trumpet; computers- programming, graphics, or just plain surfing on the web; gaming- consoles, online board and cards.. my favorite types are rpg, sports, first-person shooters, fighting, and strategy; and playing in sports- basketball, soccer, and baseball.

Well, I'd like to say more, but already I might've said too much, at least from my point of view.  Nice seeing you all, and hopefully I will stay for many posts to come.

Only the warrior who can admit mortal weakness will be bolstered by immortal strength

© Copyright 2003 Marc Afan - All Rights Reserved
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
1 posted 2003-04-10 07:02 AM

From one terribly shy person to another, Welcome to Passions, Halcyon!  Your initial observations of PiP are right on - but wait, there's more!  And you'll find the various treasures awaiting you as you amble through our many halls.

Any questions?  Contact a moderator - and you'll be sure to get an answer!

Welcome aboard!

Karilea - If I whisper, will you listen?...

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
2 posted 2003-04-10 07:46 AM

Hello Halcyon... Welcome indeed - This is a fine way to join - through the "front door" per se.  It's great to see you here.  We've got many forums where you can share your work and enjoy reading and commenting on others.  

Our Teen Forum is very popular among our younger poets, and the Open Forum is our most extensively travelled.  We have other moderately paced boards as well.  The Corner Pub and Spiritual are surely favorites for those who prefer a lighter pace.

I'm looking forward to your poetic submissions.  Welcome aboard, new poetic friend...

Halcyon
since 2003-04-10
Posts 43
Arizona, USA
3 posted 2003-04-10 09:13 AM

Thanks, Sunshine and Nan!  
Now I'm sure that Passions is a place for me to stay. As for poetic submissions, here's a poem that I just started working on last night, called "Waiting for you".  

It takes an approach different from what I am used to, so it may seem a bit awkward... oh well.

JP
since 1999-05-25
Posts 1343
Loomis, CA
4 posted 2003-04-10 11:00 AM

Welcome to PiP!  We have tons of terribly shy people around here!  Me being the terriblist...

Looking forward to reading your work my friend.

Yesterday is ash, tomorrow is smoke; only today does the fire burn.
Nil Desperandum, Fata viem invenient

Marshalzu
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-02-15
Posts 2681
Lurking
5 posted 2003-04-10 11:35 AM

Welcome to Passions
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Hey everyone..

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary