navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Reasons to be Vengeful 1.2.3. etc
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic Reasons to be Vengeful 1.2.3. etc Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
allan
since 2000-04-09
Posts 620
On the road

0 posted 2003-01-27 08:43 AM

(American style 'diplomacy' or 'These are the conditions under which we will or will not bomb the crap out of Iraq.')

1. Iraq has weapons of mass destruction.

(No, we can't go yet...)

2. Iraq has weapons of mass destruction and we will find them.

(Now we'll get 'em!)

3. Iraq has weapons of mass destruction and we cant find them!

[edited by moderator]

4. Iraq has to account for every last weapon it says isn't there!!!

(Still no...?)

5. Iraq must account for every grain of sand in the whole country and have a detailed report on the desk of G W Bush within the next fifteen minutes!!!!!!

(Have we got 'em yet.......????)

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Roarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((KABOOOMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

[This message has been edited by Nan (01-29-2003 07:54 AM).]

© Copyright 2003 Allan Tierney - All Rights Reserved
brian madden
Member Elite
since 2000-05-06
Posts 4374
ireland
1 posted 2003-01-27 07:09 PM

we could start a debate about the merits of a war with Iraq, argue our different points and have valid reasons that are pro and anti.. but it hardly seems worth it. Bin Laden seems to have been forgotten about (remember that name) now its Saddam (returning as public enemy no. 1 for a 2nd time running). If war is going to happen it’s going to happen. There are wars happening all around us, and of course we only get worried about the ones that may directly affect us.  I feel a certain level of helplessness in these times, we will never see another era of protest like there is in Vietnam. Do I agree with this war? No I don't agree with war on any level. It is simply a means to an end. With war its not about reaching a compromise, not until millions are slaughtered.
This is not just a conflict between two nations, it’s us against them. I saw my countries neutrality breached when US planes landed in Shannon airport Ireland to refuel, and yes the soldiers are armed.  
It angers me, it makes my country a possible target, but then the UK’s high profile involvement makes Ireland a possible target or at least a country that may be targeted in the backlash against the UK.
But in the end what will all this achieve? Will we rid the world of the axis of evil, or is there another
Bid Laden, Saddam, Hilter, Pol Pot, Stalin etc waiting in the wings.

Yes Allan it’s an absurd predicament.
That KABOOOMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sounds closer and closer every day.

Finished my little vent.

got hips like cinderella must be having a good shame talking sweet about nothing
cookie i think you're tame" The Pixies

hush
since 2001-05-27
Posts 1653
Ohio, USA
2 posted 2003-01-27 09:15 PM

Brian... I love, love LOVE your quote... one of my favorite Pixies songs...

Anyway... war? I don't even know what to think about it anymore... I don't agree with war on any level either, Brian's right... before people fight, there's no such word as compromise, only until a whole lotta people die... and the country whose supplies of young, willing soldiers is most depleted has to sign a contract that says it'll do what the bigger, stronger country tells it to do... it's just so sad, and it is so, so uneccessary...

There are no Mr. Smiths in Washington.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Reasons to be Vengeful 1.2.3. etc

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary