navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » wedding songs
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic wedding songs Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Anvrill
since 2002-06-21
Posts 710
in the interzone now

0 posted 2002-08-06 10:37 AM

Mike asked me to make a comp. album of songs I'd like at our somewhere-in-the-future wedding. I've been a bit of a brat about avoiding it, but I've decided to finally give it a go.

So since I've gotta do work, everyone else should too! Either tell me what songs you had at your wedding or what songs you'd like at your wedding. Doesn't even matter if you know who the husband/wife at that wedding will be.

My comp. will be called This Marks Eternity, and here is a tentative track list (which is confusing, I know; only Mike and I will understand most of it, and only I will understand some of it):

1. You Took the Words Right Out of My Mouth - Meat Loaf
  2. Somebody - Depeche Mode
  3. Religion - Bif Naked
  4. One More Time - The Cure
  5. Temple of Love '92 - Sisters of Mercy
  6. Through the Pale Door - Faith & the Muse
  7. I Melt With You - Modern English
  8. Turn the Lamp Down Low - The Tea Party
  9. Made of Stars - Moby
  10. Black Black Heart (album version) - David Usher
  11. I Am You - Depeche Mode
  12. Love You to Death - Type O Negative
  13. Breathe - Moist
  14. We're in this Together - Nine Inch nails
  15. Why Can't I Be You? - The Cure
  16. Nothing Else Matters - Metallica

And I leave this post with some quoting from the last song mentioned.

"So close no matter how far.
Couldn't be much more from the heart.
Forever trusting who we are.
And nothing else matters.

Never opened myself this way.
Life is our, we live it our way.
All these words I don't just say.
And nothing else matters."

Ich liebe dich, Mikhail.

Is this what you wanted me to be?

Moist

© Copyright 2002 LL Hager - All Rights Reserved
bsquirrel
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-01-03
Posts 7855

1 posted 2002-08-06 11:46 AM

...since I am currently stunned into joyful silence, I'll just sit here with a smile and wait for Serenity to tell us what was played at her recent wedding.

God I love you, Lori-Anne. *long kiss*

Me

Said if I only could ...
-KB

bsquirrel
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-01-03
Posts 7855

2 posted 2002-08-10 02:54 PM

*ker-bump*
catalinamoon
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-03
Posts 9543
The Shores of Alone
3 posted 2002-08-10 04:41 PM

Always and Forever, an old R&B song, and I cannot think of the bands name, but will come back when I do. Its a beautiful song.
Sandra

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

4 posted 2002-08-10 05:11 PM

OH...am I LATE?

but yes...we had music...as planned...lots o Lennon.
Bride and Groom Dance: (You really) Got a Hold on ME...Beatles

Groom's Dance with Bride: "woman" by John Lennon

Bride's Dance to Groom: "Starting Over" by John Lennon/Yoko Ono

Groom's solo dance: Ringo's theme--"This boy" (pretty comical--he was looking for me--and I was dodging)

Bride's solo dance: "Man-eater" (Hall & Oates) roflmao...was quite funny, I'm sure, but what-the-hell? I didn't have to look at me! (also comical--I wasn't looking for him and he was hiding)

Bride's Dance with Best Man: "Man on the side" by John Mayer

Groom's Dance with Maid of Honor: er...she didn't show up....(she was in the bathroom with me...um..re-arranging stuff) BUT! She was supposed to dance with him to: "the end" by the doors--and hey, I dunno, ASK HIM--HE CHOSE IT

Bride and Groom's memorial dance to dads:

"Someone to watch over me" (actually, we chose the rickie lee jones version...okay. actually? I DID.   )

Bride and Groom's tribute dance to moms:
"Wonderful World" --er...Louis Armstrong version...

AND THEN? THEY PROPPED ME UP, AND LATER? THEY PUT ME BACK IN THE GROUND....

and I haunt the earth forevermore, wearing gray veils, and weeping on tombstones....ssssh..if you are very quiet? You can hear the bells on my toes, jingling between the rush of leaves...with every footfall announcing--THE BRIDE FROM HELL.

j/k?

and I KNOW...ya can't wait for the pics, can ya? oh neither can I...

[This message has been edited by serenity blaze (08-10-2002 05:22 PM).]

Alicia
since 2002-03-22
Posts 279

5 posted 2002-08-10 05:52 PM

~Ok ok, no date yet. A ring. (a very nice ring) and a fine, fine man to spend a lifetime with. Anyway, we've agreed on one song, (which is about as far as we've gotten in our planning lol) it's a song off of Maceo Parker's 'Life on Planet Groove' which is a cover, but this version, oh!, (the words in the original are a bit much for me) called 'Addictive Love' with the inclusion of alto saxophonist Candy Dulfer and all the other incredible musicians involved. It's a looong one. Very nice.
*Peace. .

hush
since 2001-05-27
Posts 1653
Ohio, USA
6 posted 2002-08-10 06:38 PM

Well... it'd be an interesting mix, considering the clash between my boyfriend's taste and mine. He'd probably want a lot of Beatles and old punk stuff (though I can't imagine how the Sex Pistols would hold up at a wedding, lol...) We'd probably agree on some Counting Crows, Blink 182 (he suckered me into liking them), maybe some Pixies or something.... and I'd probably push The Cure, and maybe a couple Ani DiFranco songs (although I'm not really sure she has a whole lot that's suitable "I'll love you forever material...) Most of the stuff I like is a little too bleak... Pink Floyd doesn't write much about love, Nirvana, Hole, Violent Femmes and the like are a little out of the question... I guess maybe one or two NIN instrumentals? A Warm Place would be okay... and... that song "Yellow" that's out by Coldplay, I think the band's name is? We both really like that song... oh, and maybe some Goo Goo Dolls... but I'm rambling...

Who is John Galt?

paper doll
since 2002-08-04
Posts 133
Floating on Uncertainty
7 posted 2002-08-10 09:17 PM

I love the songs you've got up there already. Big thumbs up for NIN.

I can't think of any songs off the top of my head but the ones you have up there would more than likely be on the list.

~M

Imagination=nostalgia for the past, the absent; it is the liquid solution in which art develops the snapshots of reality.

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

8 posted 2002-08-10 10:54 PM

hush? I once attended a wedding where the bride's choice of song for dad? was--"Dirty Deeds (done dirt cheap) by Cheap Trick...and yep, turned out she was a lesbian...divorced one year later...after a very nice wedding...sigh. Y'never know.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » wedding songs

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary