navwin » Archives » Critical Analysis #2 » SSSShhhhhh
Critical Analysis #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic SSSShhhhhh Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
mable_sue
since 2002-06-25
Posts 25
Iowa

0 posted 2002-07-02 06:05 PM

Ssssshhhhh

Bring corrupted wines,
I say.
Take silence
like your drunken fifth round.

Own a directed hush
in hopes of
intertwining sound to meaning.

Drown in twilight
leaving exasperating lectures
at the realm of blues and purples.

Engage with me.
Align perfection to
polished possibilities of tranquility.

© Copyright 2002 Elizabeth - All Rights Reserved
The Napkin Writer
since 2002-06-28
Posts 70

1 posted 2002-07-04 06:05 PM

I found myself in silent thought of the superficials we pass to each other day to day when reading.  Then I thought much deeper, personal!  Somewhere in the realm of love, that we never seem able to look each other in the eyes, and speak truely of those loves, we have inside.  So, silence becomes splended, over all untrue, and silence in itself, becomes golden at that very moment.....  

"Funny I thought before what makes silence so wonderful"  Thank You

Not A Poet
Member Elite
since 1999-11-03
Posts 3885
Oklahoma, USA
2 posted 2002-07-08 12:00 PM

Interesting imagery but it seems disjointed. I can vaguely see the more or less common thread of silence but I'm not sure I would have without the title. My own preference would be to bring it together a little tighter, give me more understanding of the relationship of the elements.

JMHO,

Pete

Never express yourself more clearly than you can think - Niels Bohr

The Napkin Writer
since 2002-06-28
Posts 70

3 posted 2002-07-09 06:22 PM

To me, poetry is disjointed!

To me, it is the most beautiful things happening inside of us, that has no clearity!

To me, poetry only becomes clear to many, after, it has been cleaned up, punctuated, spell checked, and sometimes, entirely reworded!

At this point, do it represent the truth of the authors soul, or an english term paper?

Originally Yours,
The Napkin Writer

mable_sue
since 2002-06-25
Posts 25
Iowa
4 posted 2002-07-09 10:20 PM

It is not silence I was going for here.  It was calming the anger of a drunk emotionally abusive boyfriend.....I do agree as it is disjointed.  And thank you for your input...much appreciated!!!

Liz

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Critical Analysis #2 » SSSShhhhhh

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary