navwin » Archives » The Corner Pub » He Races Around The Race Track
The Corner Pub
Post A Reply Post New Topic He Races Around The Race Track Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Lost Dreamer
Member Elite
since 1999-06-20
Posts 2464
Somewhere near the Rainbow

0 posted 2000-03-26 04:34 PM

He Races around The Race Track

He races around the race track speeds exceeding distance of circular motion
every lap a thankfulness making it unscathed through a field of cars commotion
I watch in anticipation of my famous driver making it through to the nearing end
yellow flag flies means caution on the track seems another driver lost it at bend

Every lap a thankfulness making it unscathed through a field of cars commotion
staying competitive rewards the driver with a secure position without lap demotion
side by side they race each lap with a passion for winning an honor to defend
week after week they begin this activity of profession making it a sport of trend

I watch in anticipation of my famous driver making it through to the nearing end
Dale Earnhardt is of course the man I speak of with his popularity as I do attend
to watching his intimidating ability to attempt to tame all the tracks in promotion
he has many fans who sit and wait with intensity as we all have undying devotion

Yellow flag flies means caution on the track seems another driver lost it at bend
not my driver! no it can't be the intimidator no longer able in this race to contend
I guess next week he'll have to make up for lost ground grasping a winning notion
he races around the race track speeds exceeding distance of circular motion

© Copyright 2000 RiaL - All Rights Reserved
John the cat
since 2000-03-23
Posts 357
England
1 posted 2000-03-26 05:23 PM

I can smell hot oil, hear screaming engines and see the shimmering heat-haze on the track. Great poem.
Gene
since 2000-01-23
Posts 935
Colorado, USA
2 posted 2000-03-26 05:52 PM

Great poem. Your admiration really shows.  

He'll come back. In order to be a winner, you have to be willing to push it to the edge. sometimes you win--sometimes lose, but more often than not, you'll win. That's what separates Dale from the boys.

~Gene

Denise
Member Seraphic
since 1999-08-22
Posts 22648

3 posted 2000-03-26 07:31 PM

Very entertaining, Gloria!!

Denise

Sasikat
since 2000-02-02
Posts 290
St. Petersburg, FL
4 posted 2000-03-27 05:14 PM

L.D.,

I watch NASCAR most everyweekend with my boyfriend.  Dale is one of the better drivers (in my opinion) and I'm sure you'll see him in the winners circle many more times.

Sheila

...the earth and myself are of one mind. The measure of the land and the measure of our bodies are the same........... Joseph, Nez Perce Chief

twinsgd
since 2000-02-13
Posts 416
Ontario,Canada
5 posted 2000-03-27 09:05 PM

Great poem Lost Dreamer ,very visual to a race fan.....but sorry...WRONG DALE...lol.
Lost Dreamer
Member Elite
since 1999-06-20
Posts 2464
6 posted 2000-03-27 09:27 PM

John the cat: Thanks for reading and responding, I love them racing people.

Gene: Sounds like you know what you are talking about here and sound like you could possible be an Intimadator fan also, am I right or just wishful thinking...LOL
Thanks for reading and responding.

Denise: Thank you, your always so kind.  

Sasikat: I have no doubts in my mind that I will see him there again and again. He will also get his eighth championship before he retires if he ever does retire. Thanks for reading and responding, it's nice to know there's race fans in the forums  

twinsgd: LOL I don't have the wrong Dale, you have the wrong Dale, I tell you it's something when the two Dale's go head to head, but now there's a third Dale in the mix Dale E. Jr. and I don't think Dad or Son are gonna give either or an inch to play with...LOL Thanks for reading and responding, happy race watching, and may the best Dale win  

Pepper
Member Elite
since 1999-08-19
Posts 3079
Southern Florida
7 posted 2000-03-28 04:39 PM

Don't hate me because I'm not a fan, Gloria .... LOL .... but I too, could smell, see vividly the track and feel the excitement of the race ....
You never cease to amaze me at the excellent imagery of all your pieces ... I curtsie, to you ...
Brilliant work here .....  

Lost Dreamer
Member Elite
since 1999-06-20
Posts 2464
8 posted 2000-03-29 07:25 AM

Pepper: I could never dislike you (sorry hate is to strong a word for me plus it's 4 letter word...LOL)For a non race fan, your compliments touched me very deep, thank you so much for your kindness and praise  
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » The Corner Pub » He Races Around The Race Track

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary