navwin » Archives » The Corner Pub » YoU DoN't KnOw
The Corner Pub
Post A Reply Post New Topic YoU DoN't KnOw Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
bestgirl911
since 2000-10-04
Posts 551
Clio, MI , United We Stand

0 posted 2000-12-05 09:05 PM

On December 1, 2000 I was on my way to work when a 19 year-old girl drinking and driving (at 8:30 a.m.) hit me going 50 miles per hour. As you can see...I am one of the lucky ones. I am injured, but not seriously...her passenger was not as lucky as I...he is still in serious condition...the girl walked away with a simple cut on her forehead, but she will live with it for the rest of her life....I thought I would repost this revised poem to remind people that it's NEVER okay to drink and drive...
Thank you for the patience..

You don't know the pain,
You think it's all a game,
When you have a drink,
Then you start to think,
That you can make the drive,
But, you didn't see the sign,
Now the damage is done,
And not a soul has won,
You think it's all a game,
But, you don't know the pain.

© Copyright 2000 Ranea Ratza - All Rights Reserved
Mother_Earth
since 2000-11-20
Posts 1370
1/2 year Texas & 1/2 year Michigan
1 posted 2000-12-05 09:12 PM

Thank God you are all right.  I am sure you are hurting, but I hope "the girl" is hurting in her mind and for a long time!!  I hope she learns, but they don't seem to.  She still has time to change and lets hope it happens.  God is watching over you,
                  ME

pegasus111
Member Elite
since 2000-07-27
Posts 2219
ocala, fl, usa
2 posted 2000-12-06 05:45 AM

so true..the really sad part is that an alcoholic usually doesn't learn from the experience. glad you are ok.

the woods are lovely, dark, and deep, but I have promises to keep, and many miles to go before I sleep...Frost

ellie LeJeune
Member Elite
since 2000-01-10
Posts 4156
King of Prussia, PA USA
3 posted 2000-12-06 06:29 AM

oh, so scary and all I can think of is that I thank God you are alright, you had to have been so scared, drunks ought to be knocked unconcious by anyone seeing them get in a car to drive...

Belief is a truth held in the mind; faith is a fire in the heart.

Joseph Fort Newton

Suzanne Arlene
since 2000-10-09
Posts 377
Ontario, Canada
4 posted 2000-12-06 07:02 AM

What i don't understand is why the alcoholic driver always walks away with nothing.Glad you are all right girl.  God was watching over you that day. Suzanne
Solstice Son
since 2000-09-19
Posts 469

5 posted 2000-12-06 11:59 PM

* just hugs tight...well not too tight..don't wanna re-hurt you hun....*

Glad you made it sweetie...the world would be just that much darker without you...

Sol

Broken_Winged_Angel
since 2000-04-06
Posts 994
Small Town, Somewhere
6 posted 2000-12-07 02:43 AM

Best Girl... Thankyou for reminding all of us...Very smooth flowing poem.  
bestgirl911
since 2000-10-04
Posts 551
Clio, MI , United We Stand
7 posted 2000-12-10 10:22 AM

M.E....
Feeling better now...still sore, but finally going back to work on Monday.

Pegasus...
I, too, hope the young lady learns something from all of this..unfortunately that is not always the case.

Ellie...
Bless your heart...I was scared to death...I never saw her till after she hit me. And I know that GOD was watching over me that day..if you saw my car you would know he was too. Thanks for caring.....

Suzanne....
it just seems to work out that way doesn't it?

Sol...
Thanks for the hug....You are so sweet ...Thank you so much...I am much better now.

BWA...
Thank you some people need that reminder sometimes.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » The Corner Pub » YoU DoN't KnOw

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary