navwin » Archives » The Corner Pub » Still In My Heart.
The Corner Pub
Post A Reply Post New Topic Still In My Heart. Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Broken_Winged_Angel
since 2000-04-06
Posts 994
Small Town, Somewhere

0 posted 2000-05-14 08:07 AM

Memories...
  Your laughing face
     Eyes following me
      From place to place

Heart break...
  Remembering your gone
     Death was not faked
      Radio plays our song

Tears...
   Salty rivers of pain
     Flow throughout years
       Grieve over your name

Healing...
   Time still moves on
      Morning birds sing
       New birth, new dawn

Forget...
   Never shall I lose
     Memory of when we met
       How I still miss you.

I awake to a world I don't want. There is no transition for me. I am in heaven. I am in hell.

© Copyright 2000 Angel - All Rights Reserved
Honeybee
Member Ascendant
since 1999-12-26
Posts 5372
Ontario, CANADA
1 posted 2000-05-14 10:21 AM

A very sad, bittersweet poem to read.  I know all too well how this feels.  Very well written and expressed, and the presentation was unique.  

Take care,
Melissa Honeybee

childomine
since 2000-01-25
Posts 818
st. petersburg, FL
2 posted 2000-05-15 09:28 AM

This is beautiful Angel.  Makes me think of my two brothers who are no longer here to make new memories with.
Wobbly Head Bob
since 2000-05-15
Posts 299
Virginia, USA
3 posted 2000-05-15 12:03 PM

I loved it!  I especially like how you made verses from single words, making the lines beneath seem like definitions of your own heart.  Very deeply felt, the sorrow, the mourning, the pain, and even a soft smile and wave goodbye.  I enjoyed this very much, and was reminded of many mournful moments myself.  Thank you!
Broken_Winged_Angel
since 2000-04-06
Posts 994
Small Town, Somewhere
4 posted 2000-05-16 02:35 AM

Melissa and WHB:  Thankyou.  As for uniqueness, I have no clue what I was doing when I wrote this.  It was done in about ten minutes, and is no where near the style I normally write in.  Like a forbidden whisper in my ear, I just heard the words.     Seeing how I was in the Pub anyways, I wrote down what I heard.  But thanks again.  

Childomine:  Thankyou, too.  It makes me think of too many people no longer here to make memories with.

I awake to a world I don't want. There is no transition for me. I am in heaven. I am in hell.

Alle'cram
since 2000-02-28
Posts 1816
Texas
5 posted 2000-05-16 09:40 AM

Angel, This is beautifully written. Love remains, with the memories, when we loose someone we love.
epoet
since 2000-05-11
Posts 291
grand rapid,MI, usa
6 posted 2000-05-16 10:35 AM

touching, very moving poem.  reminds me of my friend and confidant that I lost a few years ago.  Don't change a thing my friend, let it flow.

a_little_girl
since 2000-05-08
Posts 307
San Alejandro, HI, USA
7 posted 2000-05-16 10:37 AM

Hmmm...reminds me of the friend I lost. He was the star of Lost Heart...your poem was rather touching.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » The Corner Pub » Still In My Heart.

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary