navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » My Life's Billboard (My challenge)
Spiritual Journeys
Post A Reply Post New Topic My Life's Billboard (My challenge) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
WhtDove
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-22
Posts 9245
Illinois

0 posted 2000-05-03 11:18 AM

Not what I wanted my 5,000th post to be remembered by, but this is the state I'm in right now. Thank you David for the inspiration!

My billboard of life needs work
Lately I've been a big jerk
So Lord won't you cleanse it
And help me to mend it
Help me get over this quirk
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My billboard of life
Is need of a mend
I seem to have slid
Back around the bend

I haven't lost faith
But study I've not
I've been so depressed
Need to patch this spot

Seem to be fading
Happiness not found
And ugliness swirls
It's head all around

I too have been short
Not loving and kind
Hurting my family
With things from my mind

No good example
In my life as late
That I have put forth
To show God is great

Depression took o're
The mask was put on
Feel like a prisoner
And feel like a con

So please forgive me
For actions of late
Can't seem to shake it
This depressing state

I need a washing
To clear all the gunk
Get my heart on track
Out of all this junk

Soon I'll be shining
My billboard like new
Cause my God loves me
And He'll help me through

< !signature-->

<*\\\><    

Our background and circumstances may have influenced who we are, but we are responsible for who we become.

[This message has been edited by WhtDove (edited 05-03-2000).]

© Copyright 2000 WhtDove - All Rights Reserved
BSC
Member Elite
since 2000-02-04
Posts 2919
New York, USA
1 posted 2000-05-03 11:43 AM

Oh Rebecca - Boy do I hear what you are saying here....But to be sure, God does love you and is holding you, even as I write this. Seems He sends us these shadows, just so we can better enjoy His warm sun.  Hope you're basking in it again soon.  God Bless, Bonnie

PS....5,000 posts............WOW....... Congratulations!!

[This message has been edited by BSC (edited 05-03-2000).]

Jester59701
since 2000-02-29
Posts 154

2 posted 2000-05-03 12:39 PM

Snap out of it Becky! Want some ibuprofen?
You're much too funny to be depressed! Happy 5000th! That's funny, you don't look that old.
                          Jester

Alle'cram
since 2000-02-28
Posts 1816
Texas
3 posted 2000-05-03 01:31 PM

Happy 5000, you only look thirty or so!{smile}
You have done what is required, confessed with your mouth, as you have spoken with your heart. What a precious lady you are. Now, enjoy the blessing God will pour unto you, then share them with us. You have such a God given talent, one I appreciate and God holds dear, as you hide nothing under the basket. You met your challenge well. Great job! "Aint no jerks in here", Marcy

deleeme
since 1999-10-09
Posts 1766
NEW ENGLAND, USA
4 posted 2000-05-03 05:47 PM

Your Billboard is Honest
Not some made up lie,
O yes it's not perfect
But it catches the eye
For there is true beauty
In those who can confess-
God's glory can there shine-
And make it to be blest!!!

Your challenge poem is different  from the others, to be sure--but I have no doubt you spoke it from the heart--read the first few beatitudes in in Mathew 5--and I think you will have your reply- BLESSED ARE...
          God bless you,  David
P.S. Stand up and take a bow--5,000 posts  And this one is certianly nothing to be ashamed of!

[This message has been edited by deleeme (edited 05-03-2000).]

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
5 posted 2000-05-03 08:57 PM

Becky, this is wonderful. I know you've been down lately and that things are not always running smoothly! But remember that 'g' word..not the "God" word..but that word we use when we need to make each other smile?  I'm thinking it right now!! LOL
Denise
Member Seraphic
since 1999-08-22
Posts 22648

6 posted 2000-05-03 09:21 PM

Wonderful heartfelt poem, Rebecca! I'm sure all of us can relate! Congratulations on 5,000!!

Love ya
Denise

WhtDove
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-22
Posts 9245
Illinois
7 posted 2000-05-03 10:58 PM

Bonnie thanks! I do know He loves me, I've just been in a slump lately. Seem to crawl out for a bit and slammed back into it.
Prayers would be more than welcome!

LOL Jester! Ibuprofen? Will that help? Then give me some  

Marcy thanks much! I shall always share what I have here    I started writing to touch others, and I shall continue to do that as long as God gives me the words!

Thank you David! I know what you speak of, I shall have to look them up though  

LOL Sharon! You never fail to make me smile even on my darkest of days. When I don't want to smile you always make it surface! Thanks much for being there always!

Thank you Denise! I really appreciate the time you take for me  

Echo Rhayne
since 1999-09-17
Posts 1495
Canyon Country, CA
8 posted 2000-05-04 05:59 AM

I know you asked if I was up to the challenge, but as you also know I have quit the poetry writing, but I will tell you what my billboard would say, just not in a poem!

WARNING:  I smoke to tick people off!  Ok so that isnt exactly what it would say, this is probably more like it...

It would be completely jet black and in LARGE white letters it would say
"GOT MILK?"

Hmmm, nope, thats not it either...*Scrathing head*  oh yes, I know now I think I would have two....the first one would be all deep purple with 4 white doves (one in each corner) and in the middle in white would read.."I'm Sorry!"
The other one would read as follows...

"CAN I HAVE ANOTHER CHANCE?"

No, these aren't 'just' directed to any one person (though as they are directed to every aspect of my life as well as certain people).  Ok that probably made no sense, but who cares, its late and I havent slept in a long time, so NAH PLBBBT.  As for your poem here 'Becca, you have really said a lot here, the picture you painted with your words well describes how you are feeling.  Though I am sorry you are feeling this way, quite sorry!  But here *hands you some stuff* you can have my hose, soap and scrubbie to wash and clear all that gunk you say you have!  *hugs*

I'm not waving, I'm drowning!

WhtDove
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-22
Posts 9245
Illinois
9 posted 2000-05-04 10:11 AM

Melanie I'm glad I was done drinking my coffee when I read this! LOL it might have been spit all over the monitor  

My dear I told you I forgive you! It's not you, it's just where I'm at lately. Been slacking in the word, and short tempered.
I can see it going by me, just don't seem to have the oomph to do anything about it. I guess that's why we call it depression.  Just a lot of little things going on that's built up I guess. Though I have much to be thankful for, no doubt, and I know things could be a whole worse, and it bothers me tremendously that I feel this way and can't seem to "get" out of it!

Love and Hugs Melanie   Thanks for the laugh this morning sweetie!

Pepper
Member Elite
since 1999-08-19
Posts 3079
Southern Florida
10 posted 2000-05-04 03:10 PM

Happy 5000 , Dove .... 'S'
I think that most can relate to this piece ...
Wriiten with sincerety and great faith ...
Wonderfully executed ...  

ellie LeJeune
Member Elite
since 2000-01-10
Posts 4156
King of Prussia, PA USA
11 posted 2000-05-04 03:30 PM

Dearest Rebecca; I so admire your honesty and soul searching in your poem, it takes courage to let the real you just be there and trust that we all love each other no matter what. I know where you're coming from. cause I've been in that old place more times than I can count. I can promise that Jesus wil lift you out in His perfect timing. "waiting on the Lord", is tough stuff! I do know that I love and admire you tremendously. Your lovely, sweet and gentle spirit shines through like sunshine.
Abe Lincoln said "we can choose, every morning, how we want to feel". So try to just "choose" to be happy. See if it works.
Thank you so much for all your loving replies to me and know that you are in my prayers as I know that I'm in yours. Ellie

sandgrain
Member Elite
since 1999-09-21
Posts 3662
Sycamore, IL, USA
12 posted 2000-05-04 06:43 PM

Love your post but sorry you're still in the dumps.  Sometimes after pouring out your feelings, the sun starts peeking through.  I pray you see it real soon.  I love you for so
many things you are, so loving and caring and
seriously Christian.  It hurts me to know you're hurting. I ask our Lord to help you through this and to give us patience and help our faith be strong.  Mom

Echo Rhayne
since 1999-09-17
Posts 1495
Canyon Country, CA
13 posted 2000-05-05 07:56 AM

YEAH!!  I was hoping I could get you to laugh, although that was a poor attempt at it, but hey..it worked =)  Im glad you weren't drinking at the time either, dont want that coffee to get in the keyboard now and you not be able to use it!  And as I said kind of in my reply, what I wrote on the billboard is not ONLY directed towards a certain person (you) but to everything else too.  I know you 'forgave' me already, but that doesnt mean I will quit saying I am sorry any time soon =)  So, now, enjoy my 9 page TWISTED story I sent you, grab a cup of coffee (after you are sure you have nothing that is going to make you laugh, coffee burns coming out of the nose), look in a mirror, stick out your tongue and go PLBBBBBT, then smile, walk away and and and ummmm I will send the pink elephant over to make you smile if you aren't already =)  *hugs*  love ya

WhtDove
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-22
Posts 9245
Illinois
14 posted 2000-05-05 09:41 AM

Thank you Pepper! You're just so darn sweet, and always there! Big blessings to you!

Ellie what a sweet thing to say. Thank you! I hate being in this funk, I shall try to 'choose' but it's not easy turning away from this frame of mind. Especially when you deal with a grumpy daughter every single morning.  I shall try, keep me in your prayers  

Melanie, you've done it again   You've brought a smile to my face. Just the thoughts of pink elephants is enough to make me smile and then start chuckling  

Echo Rhayne
since 1999-09-17
Posts 1495
Canyon Country, CA
15 posted 2000-05-05 09:44 AM

PINK ELEPHANT'S COMING!!!  PINK ELEPHANT'S COMING!!!  PINK ELEPHANT'S COMING!!! PINK ELEPHANT'S COMING!!!   PINK ELEPHANT'S COMING!!!  PINK ELEPHANT'S COMING!!!PINK ELEPHANT'S COMING!!!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » My Life's Billboard (My challenge)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary