navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » Equally Yoked
Spiritual Journeys
Post A Reply Post New Topic Equally Yoked Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Michael
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-13
Posts 7666
California

0 posted 2000-03-24 03:56 PM

EQUALLY YOKED

There is a light I know you see,
You know I see it too.
A better place for us to be
The we have ever knew.

We know very well the promise,
Yet continually stray.
You wait for one who's strong for you,
While I just look away.

But no man will ever build in you
Faith only God's to give.
And no woman will fill in me
That need for which I live.

We drown ourselves within the shame
For what we cannot be.
But never have we called His name,
Simultaneously.

We felt it in each other once,
That God brought us together.
We faltered, yes, but does that mean
We have to falter forever?

You say we're not equally yoked,
I beg to disagree.
I think we are exactly the same
But just don't choose to see.

I cannot undo damage done,
Can only ask you to forgive...
And grant you forgiveness myself
That I may freely live.

Focus may be hard to attain,
Just never lose that sight.
Even though we're both lost to pain,
We can still meet at the light.

Michael Anderson

© Copyright 2000 Michael Anderson - All Rights Reserved
ellie LeJeune
Member Elite
since 2000-01-10
Posts 4156
King of Prussia, PA USA
1 posted 2000-03-24 05:32 PM

Dear Michael; I read your poem very carefully, because it hit home for me. My marriage had hit a similar bottom. I wrote two poems about a few months ago: "Butterflies Lament" and the sequel "Epiphany of the Caterpillar". Reading them might help.My husband and I consider it no small miracle, how Jesus intervened and made our relationship stronger than ever. My prayers are with you! Love, Ellie

rwood
Member Elite
since 2000-02-29
Posts 3793
Tennessee
2 posted 2000-03-24 08:24 PM

This is heartfelt and you're looking to the right place. The light, through "space" and time can guide you to what you need. I mention space because just as light, can travel through space and distance, sometimes being equally yoked together, we mistakingly smother each other out. Let both your lights shine as you search for the ultimate light of guidance. I used to envy those that would speak of their loved ones and light up inside. You could see it their eyes. Even if they were thousands of miles away. Now, with my husband I know what that light is. It will come to you! My prayers are with you. The light is still there!
Sincerely,
Rwood

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

3 posted 2000-03-24 08:45 PM

Just this--this I love...spoke to my heart, echoes many of the meditations I have had of late...Thank you.
WhtDove
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-22
Posts 9245
Illinois
4 posted 2000-03-25 12:03 PM

Michael I can see so much thought goes into what you write. You have hit a real truth with these two stanza's....

But no man will ever build in you
Faith only God's to give.
And no woman will fill in me
That need for which I live.

We drown ourselves within the shame
For what we cannot be.
But never have we called His name,
Simultaneously.

I've been down this road, and sometimes still stumble onto it.  There is a yearning, an emptiness which we look to others to fill. Somehow we are always disappointed when they can't.  Only God can do that.

You've written another exquisite poem, and touched many people. This has really touched my heart and thoughts. I'm glad to see you posting in here    You've been deeply missed!

In my prayers, (((((((HUGS)))))))

KimW
since 2000-03-04
Posts 268
Medford, Oregon, USA
5 posted 2000-03-25 06:35 PM

Michael, Glad you have posted in this Forum.

We all seek what only Faith can fulfill.
This poem speaks of that "need" and "emptiness."

Another wonderfully written piece.

Kim

deleeme
since 1999-10-09
Posts 1766
NEW ENGLAND, USA
6 posted 2000-03-26 09:34 PM

Michael,
  I see the hurt & feel the pain as I read your solelmn lament-My heart goes out to both of you, and pray that there may be a true reconciliation.  I have heard it said that marriage is for those Who Love God and love one another.  That seems to be saying something similar to what you are expressing in your poem here, the need to come together to the light.  Once trust has been betrayed, it is a difficult process to reconstruct and restore--so you must be most patient with her-and concentrate on doing what is right for you, her & by God.  God bless you friend,
do what you can, and don't soon give up the Hope.   David

Alle'cram
since 2000-02-28
Posts 1816
Texas
7 posted 2000-03-26 11:15 PM

Dear Michael,
    I felt the pain within your heart, in this descriptive poem so beautifully crafted.
Words of wisdom do not come, for I know none;
Be assured Jesus will heal your hearts, continue to look to Him for your answers and comfort. God bless you mightly today Michael and your loved one.  Marcy

poetFemmeFatale
Member Elite
since 1999-07-25
Posts 2646
Arkansas
8 posted 2000-04-02 06:50 PM

I want to go ahead and reply to this piece, as it is crafted from much wisdom.  I knew you had it in you.     I think now you do understand...my struggles, my high hopes for myself, even though I continuously fall...I know you understand, because you're walking the same path, next to me.  We're tripping over some of the same rocks even!  LOL  At least we're walking toward the light though...we know the right direction, even if we stumble occasionally.  This poem was beautiful - I'd like to see some more like it from you.  This is definately your "best" side sir.  Thanks for letting me reply too.     Keep your head on straight, and your eyes on God, it's better that way.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » Equally Yoked

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary