navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » ~Gifts From My Angel~
Spiritual Journeys
Post A Reply Post New Topic ~Gifts From My Angel~ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

0 posted 2000-03-08 08:16 PM

Hi, I wanted to share this with you, this poem was written by my niece, who is 12. She had never written a poem before and asked me to help her. (All I did was suggest some rhyming words and the line breaks)... the thoughts and heart of the poem are her expressions. She wrote this as a tribute to young man she met from church who was dying. During their friendship he taught her about courage and faith. His examples of strength were a lesson to us all. Anyway, I thought you all would appreciate the sweetness and innocence of the poem. She is the featured soloist of the choir nearly every Sunday...the child sings like an angel. (smile)
take care, Janet Marie

~Gifts From My Angel~  (For Chris)

God sent me down an angel,
this gift, he gave so unselfishly to me-
to teach me of faith and forgiveness,
the way believing in him sets us free.

a miracle from above,
to light my path and guide me,
leading me unto His unconditional love.

to save my soul and heal my heart,
to remind me of His many lessons,
a simple prayer is the perfect place to start.

giving me comfort in knowing I never walk alone,
when He saw I was strong enough to make it on my own,
my angels work was done and God took him mercifully back home.

Shannon B.

[This message has been edited by Janet Marie (edited 03-08-2000).]

© Copyright 2000 Janet Marie - All Rights Reserved
ellie LeJeune
Member Elite
since 2000-01-10
Posts 4156
King of Prussia, PA USA
1 posted 2000-03-08 08:38 PM

Dear Shannon: This is a very beautifil poem.
I am so amazed that at only 12 years old ,you have so much wisdom. Wisdom to know that your friend, Chris, was sent to you as perfect gift from God. I also want to say that you are a very talented poet, keep writing more.  Love, Ellie

Alle'cram
since 2000-02-28
Posts 1816
Texas
2 posted 2000-03-08 09:02 PM

Sweet Shannon,
  How you have blessed me tonight with this poem. My heart already surrendering to His love, after reading this, I am having my own service in house! Thanks for sharing this message of love.
God Bless and expect many more to come!
Marcy

WhtDove
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-22
Posts 9245
Illinois
3 posted 2000-03-08 09:10 PM

Shannon, thanks for sharing this with us! What a wonderful tribute to the Lord, and the special person He sent into your life.  He has a way of showing us things through other people!  It's great to see faith such as yours at 12~  God Bless you Hon!
mirjam
since 1999-11-24
Posts 246
Auckland, New Zealand
4 posted 2000-03-09 01:50 AM

well well we have another budding poet in our midst - Shannon this was lovely - God bless you and keep on writing!
deleeme
since 1999-10-09
Posts 1766
NEW ENGLAND, USA
5 posted 2000-03-09 05:12 AM

Shannon,
  This is a loving and touching memorial to a dear and godly friend, for whom who praise and Glorify God.  What a wonderful expression of your Love & Faith in God, and acceptance of His will even under difficult circumstances.  God bless you, and your wonderful aunt Janet, to continue using your talents and abilities in and for His Service.
       David

"Our Creativity points to a Higher Creator--we couldn't have just happened, and for what ability we may possess--to God be the glory." -dlw-

Michael
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-13
Posts 7666
California
6 posted 2000-03-09 06:44 AM

Oh this brought tears to my eyes.  Thank you Shannon and thank you Janet for sharing this.  It is amazing how God uses other people to move with our lives.  This was a beautiful tribute.

Michael

sandgrain
Member Elite
since 1999-09-21
Posts 3662
Sycamore, IL, USA
7 posted 2000-03-09 07:49 PM

Shannon, if you hadn't already known, I see you now know beautiful poetry flows from the heart.  God has blessed you with an angelic friend and a wonderful encourating aunt in addition to talents you possess.  Thank you for sharing this wonderful blessing with us.
rwood
Member Elite
since 2000-02-29
Posts 3793
Tennessee
8 posted 2000-03-10 06:05 AM

Angelic words Shannon! Deeply inspirational to us adults out here. I can't imagine any gift more glorious than that of a child following the Lord and reaching out to others. God bless you and keep you. Your talent is a gift!
Sincerely,
Rwood

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » ~Gifts From My Angel~

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary