navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » I'm Sorry to Ask Again....
Spiritual Journeys
Post A Reply Post New Topic I'm Sorry to Ask Again.... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
BSC
Member Elite
since 2000-02-04
Posts 2919
New York, USA

0 posted 2000-03-03 10:25 AM

Some days it seems a struggle,
To remember where I should be,
At times the pain is just too much,
As it begins to overwhelm me.

I know that You are at my side,
But this ache that's in my heart,
Seems to take over what I know,
And it is tearing me apart.

I have lost so many in my life,
She knew I needed no more -
Yet just after I'd lost my brother,
My friend chose to walk out the door.

Oh Lord I know  that I have got so much,
So many blessings in my life,
But I can't seem to get past this pain,
I can't seem to forget the strife.

My resolve is quickly sinking,
Lord, please don't let me go,
Please shine Your healing light on me,
And show me what I don't know.

You have helped me through the others,
I need You to get through this,
I need to let go of this heartache,
Caused by these people I miss.

I'm praying that this morning,
As I again am on my knees,
That You will somehow bring some comfort,
That You will hear these mournful pleas.

© Copyright 2000 Bonnie Church - All Rights Reserved
WhtDove
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-22
Posts 9245
Illinois
1 posted 2000-03-03 11:00 AM

He shall help you, you will get through this. I've been here, you can see your blessings around you, and you're thankful for them, but in a depression you just can't seem to shake.  Hang in there and know from one who's been there, better days are coming.

God bless you!

<*\\\><

There's only two ways you can go...
One way you can save your riches,
And the other will save your soul.
Rich Mullins

sandgrain
Member Elite
since 1999-09-21
Posts 3662
Sycamore, IL, USA
2 posted 2000-03-03 11:05 AM

A beautifuly earnest prayer.  I'm sorry for your losses, and know it's so very hard to find the good when wounds are so fresh, but you're in the right place (in prayer as well as this forum family of support and encouragement).  We say wounds go away, but they really don't.  They heal as they stay with us, just as your losses will.  God bless you and thank you for sharing from your heart.
rwood
Member Elite
since 2000-02-29
Posts 3793
Tennessee
3 posted 2000-03-03 12:00 PM

Dear BSC. I know so well how you feel. But each time I felt a loss, God brought me something or someone to remind me that all is never lost. Sometimes just misplaced. He found you and he will find them too! My prayers go out to you. Keep sharing  
Sincerely,
Rwood

Alle'cram
since 2000-02-28
Posts 1816
Texas
4 posted 2000-03-03 12:32 PM

Dear BSC, The loss of a brother is difficult I'm sure. You have your memories and time will help the severe pain in your heart. The suffering of your friend walking away from you during your hardship makes me sad. My prayer for you is that God will touch you in a mighty way and heal your hurting inside.

Maybe someone here will write a poem, just for you, that can bring you comfort in some way.

Alle'

deleeme
since 1999-10-09
Posts 1766
NEW ENGLAND, USA
5 posted 2000-03-03 05:14 PM

Dear Bonnie,
  Our hearts go out to you, in your loss and struggles. The Bible says we can expect many(Job 14:1), and the longer we live the more problems we'll face (Psalms 90:10-12).  It is especially difficult when instead of living from crisis to crisis, our troubles are compounded & compacted--but don't give up hope-keep looking up(Psalm 121:1-2).  And though it may seem that your world is crashing down all around you(Psalm 46:1-3),
Yet the God of Heaven above can give us the strength, the comfort, the peace within--as we practice His presence in our life(verses 4 through 11 of that same Psalm).God Bless you Friend, we will be lifting you up in our prayers.   David

[This message has been edited by deleeme (edited 03-03-2000).]

BSC
Member Elite
since 2000-02-04
Posts 2919
New York, USA
6 posted 2000-03-03 05:28 PM

WhtDove, sandgrain, rwood, alle & deleeme -
Thank you all for your encouragement, it hasn't been a real good day, but you guys have all helped it be a little bit better....Thanks, and sorry for the non - uplifting poem....Maybe tomorrow will be better.....Bonnie

paulsm
since 2000-02-26
Posts 48

7 posted 2000-03-03 06:17 PM

BSC,

This is a beautiful poem written with such feeling. Loss such as this is a terrible thing, have faith.

Thankyou so much,

Paul

clynng2003
since 2000-03-01
Posts 13

8 posted 2000-03-03 06:23 PM

A wonderful, heartfelt poem. I am deeply sorry for the troubles you are facing, but know that in the midst of it all, God is there. He's with you always, and will help you through. Hope things start to look up.
ellie LeJeune
Member Elite
since 2000-01-10
Posts 4156
King of Prussia, PA USA
9 posted 2000-03-03 06:57 PM

Dear Bonnie; I'm so sorry to hear you have to suffer like this. I wish I could take a liitle of it from you, but we know Who can. Each day it will get a little better. Imagine not having your faith in the midst of it. I'm praying for you and my heart goes out to you with love. Ellie
Your poem is beautifully written as usual. You are so gifted!

mirjam
since 1999-11-24
Posts 246
Auckland, New Zealand
10 posted 2000-03-04 12:51 PM

Oh Bonnie, i'm so sorry to hear about the loss of both your brother and your friend, and those who went before.  This must be a very difficult time for you...

the important thing is to keep looking to Jesus, and it sounds like you are with this heartfelt prayer - a verse that comes to mind is the one that goes something like "here on earth you will undergo many trials and tribulations, but take heart, for I have overcome the world."

He WILL get you through this time, He is a faithful God full of compassion for His children.  We will certainly lift you up in our prayers sweetie.  May God give you peace and comfort, and bless you this day.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » I'm Sorry to Ask Again....

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary